Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Every cock has their day......

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of concern on here about the "big sombrero" of the Roosters and the Broncos. Biggest concern is why hasnt the NRL done a complete audit of the clubs.
They closely monitored the Dogs about their cap, so why not the others?
Not even the tax man can trace cash money let alone the NRL. What the roosters show in salaries is very different to what the players receive. It's no different in most businesses and always has been. It's just that some do it better and have the business smarts to get away with it.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I
Can’t wait till the day the rat if let out of the hat on politis and co

Will be the greatest day in rugby league history

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We sign a prop and a busted half and media go nuts saying we need to rid 20 players

Roosters sign an origin fullback and Australia halfback as well as keeping Gordon and upgrading guys like Latrell and all they need to do is get rid of a reserve grader?

Fkn rigged

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many in a squad now for the salary cap, is it 25 still or changed to 30?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How many in a squad now for the salary cap, is it 25 still or changed to 30?
It is supposed to be 30 but the RLPA are still carrying on so the new club agreement is yet to be ratified. Until there is final agreement I guess technically there isn't any cap or limit on players.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If i were rich i would love to hand out free sombreros at the next dogs vs roosters match

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If i were rich i would love to hand out free sombreros at the next dogs vs roosters match
The five or so season ticket holders for the Roosters already get those in their supporter packs.......

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is supposed to be 30 but the RLPA are still carrying on so the new club agreement is yet to be ratified. Until there is final agreement I guess technically there isn't any cap or limit on players.
30 player squads , and 9.4mil cap they agreed too
So 30 and 3 players Cronk Tedesco Pearce soaking up 2.7mil lets say!
That leaves around 6.7 mil
6.7 mil divided by 27 ( the remaking players in squad) = $248,148
So 248k on average for the other 27, I understand some will be on the minimum of 100-120k or whatever it is now
But I'm sure the likes of NAPA( just signed new contract after debut for qld) FRIEND, CORDNER, GORDON, KEARY, FERGUSON, AUBUSSON,TUPOU, are on more than 248k per year,

And before anyone says they released players
Paul carter, Kane Evans, Liam knight, Connor Watson,aiden guerra and skd were released, only skid and guerra would of been on good coin!

But, resigned players like Pearce, napa, tupou, matterson, Ferguson who all you would imagine taken a larger cut than previous contract

And reckon the have room for Angus Crichton ......

Just let those numbers sink in

So third party deals would have to be massively bigger than their nrl contracts for it to be anywhere legal.... for every player....

Fucking wrong

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Sharks are the new club with the sombrero ffs. Apparently they were planning for a 8.4m cap so they have an extra 1m to work with lol. Moylan isn't on the massive deal that was reported and is actually going to be on 650k. Btw Maloney wasn't actually as underpaid as was made put and he is on 600k so swapping Maloney for Moylan basically costs them nothing. Ohh btw we signed Dugan but he didn't cost much. We also have plenty of room to sign Pearce.

Man fuck me this is a joke. Most clubs get decimated after winning comps yet the sharks have worked with a lower cap and can still add stars to the roster. The dogs better pull their fucking finger out next offseason and pull off some real bs also.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Sharks are the new club with the sombrero ffs. Apparently they were planning for a 8.4m cap so they have an extra 1m to work with lol. Moylan isn't on the massive deal that was reported and is actually going to be on 650k. Btw Maloney wasn't actually as underpaid as was made put and he is on 600k so swapping Maloney for Moylan basically costs them nothing. Ohh btw we signed Dugan but he didn't cost much. We also have plenty of room to sign Pearce.

Man fuck me this is a joke. Most clubs get decimated after winning comps yet the sharks have worked with a lower cap and can still add stars to the roster. The dogs better pull their fucking finger out next offseason and pull off some real bs also.
And i bet when next off season comes and we do start buying players they will probably question our cap again even if we have a couple of million available to spend.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And i bet when next off season comes and we do start buying players they will probably question our cap again even if we have a couple of million available to spend.
If we were as fucked as was reported with all our backended contracts, surely that means we will have a lot of cash free next season? Throw in both the Morris boys potentially leaving and we should have a couple million free.

Or will the media be like "the entire roster was backended" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we were as fucked as was reported with all our backended contracts, surely that means we will have a lot of cash free next season? Throw in both the Morris boys potentially leaving and we should have a couple million free.

Or will the media be like "the entire roster was backended" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You know the media when it comes to us buddy!!!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something smells at the sharks. They seem like a dirty club that will do anything to win.

Or maybe I just associate them with Paul Gallen too much

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Moylans management were spruiking $900k plus and $900k has been reported

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why bother getting upset over Broncos or Roosters. EVERYONE knows they are continually over and the NRL just don't want to know about it, it's too hard for them. They can't afford to have the city of Brisbane boycotting the game and they can't upset the "chief of the board" Politis so they will forever turn the other way, it's just a fact. I just wish they would admit it and stop taking the piss out of us fans and assuming we are all dumb to the facts. All we can do is pray Hayne doesn't go there, and if he does, pray for a season ending injury in the first game every year of his contract, which is sad because I love watching the guy play....
You see everyone knows the BronCOWS and Cocks are over the cap. That's why it's thoroughly entertaining when they get eliminated in the finals each year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.