Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Stevie J said:
For sure they would have. People will be finding excuses to DEFEND the roosters....even opposition supporters will defend them.

If it were the dogs they would launch every insult and attack they possibly could and if the NRL did nothing about it i'm positive the papers would call for an inquiry etc.

some cases yeah but i find even as a roosters fan i find my self... defending doggies thats right a roosters fan defending doggies i bet u thats 1 thing u wouldnt expect.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
ThatsMYteam said:
some cases yeah but i find even as a roosters fan i find my self... defending doggies thats right a roosters fan defending doggies i bet u thats 1 thing u wouldnt expect.

thats cause your a proud closet Bulldogs Supporter :p

Roozy

princess
Reaction score
I think the dogs will get investigated because of the incident with Sonny and the ad.

M

MrCharisma

Breaches of under $100,000 aren't a serious issue.... they fine the club double what's been over spent and sometimes more. After that, they start getting really serious

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
thats cause your a proud closet Bulldogs Supporter :p

lol noooooooooooooooooooooo i just get sick of people picking on bulldogs i sorta feel for them since it also happens to roosters a lot

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why dont they make a rule..for every 25 K over, you lose a point...how can they tell the difference between the punishments...its b/s!

if we breached the cap by say 1 million, thats 40 points gone using this method..or alternatively, teams every year consistently breach the cap. it may only be by 50K but look how much willie tonga was paid last season. its enough to have a very good player.

how else are the NRL going to determine the line between expelling a team from the comp and letting a team with a significant advantage play.

M

MrCharisma

ThatsMYteam said:
lol noooooooooooooooooooooo i just get sick of people picking on bulldogs i sorta feel for them since it also happens to roosters a lot
Isn't she a saint

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
mattyg87 said:
why dont they make a rule..for every 25 K over, you lose a point...how can they tell the difference between the punishments...its b/s!

if we breached the cap by say 1 million, thats 40 points gone using this method..or alternatively, teams every year consistently breach the cap. it may only be by 50K but look how much willie tonga was paid last season. its enough to have a very good player.

how else are the NRL going to determine the line between expelling a team from the comp and letting a team with a significant advantage play.

they carnt do that... just make up their own rules for certain clubs to what suits them sounds like a better idea to those on the NRL board

M

MrCharisma

mattyg87 said:

Sides sometimes make errors in the books.... with so much contracts crossing over, the NRL gave out a period which has a minor punishment. If you go over the cap by $60,000, that's a $120,000 fine... which is massive

While us Bulldogs went over by how much

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Breaches of under $100,000 aren't a serious issue.... they fine the club double what's been over spent and sometimes more. After that, they start getting really serious
i agree that if your over the cap by say 75K it is pretty insignificant, but hows the NRL going to tell how they should punish a team..it was just an on the spot decision to kick us out in 02...if a team is $101,000 over the cap, compared to another team being $99,000 over, whats the difference between punishments..one team being kicked out and one coping a fine?

we were over in the year 2002 by something around 500K lets just say. we lost 37 points for this..the rule should say that for every 100K you are over you lose ~ 7 points

the NRL has set no precedent..the only thing they have done is basically said that if you seriously breach the cap, you will lose points, but if you gain a slight advantage from going over the cap we will only fine you

M

MrCharisma

mattyg87 said:
i agree that if your over the cap by say 75K it is pretty insignificant, but hows the NRL going to tell how they should punish a team..it was just an on the spot decision to kick us out in 02...if a team is $101,000 over the cap, compared to another team being $99,000 over, whats the difference between punishments..one team being kicked out and one coping a fine?

we were over in the year 2002 by something around 500K lets just say. we lost 37 points for this..the rule should say that for every 100K you are over you lose ~ 7 points

the NRL has set no precedent..the only thing they have done is basically said that if you seriously breach the cap, you will lose points, but if you gain a slight advantage from going over the cap we will only fine you
It's not textbook stuff.... as I said before, it's up to review. If the breach is on a single player or say if they were a few dollars over the set line they don't have to go hardcore. It's up to appeal and review, depending on the circumstance

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The panthers were over the salary cap but because it wasnt by much nothing serious will happen, whatever happened to the saying "You can't be a little bit pregnant"?
meaning if you go over the salary cap you have broken the rules and should be punished harshly, no matter how innocent it was.
How far over the salary cap do you have to go before the NRL takes all your points away?

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
It wont be the Doggies otherwise they would have named them!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
It's not textbook stuff.... as I said before, it's up to review. If the breach is on a single player or say if they were a few dollars over the set line they don't have to go hardcore. It's up to appeal and review, depending on the circumstance
You're right Mr C. But, if the Dogs went over the cap by, say, $35k which allowed us to hang onto SBW, Braith & Willy, is that seen as any different from Penrith's $30k?

Unless I'm mistaken, this is not the first time that Penrith have gone over the cap by less than $100k. There should be penalties for consistent minor breaches, like demerit points which accumulate. Or, as we have to wear: a suspended fine, or loss of points, if any further breaches occur in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.