Sadly I don't think we can make the top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We wont make top 4, be real people. We will scrape into the 8 because the rest of the comp is just as shit or even shitter then us, besides Cowboys Sharks Broncos and Storm, no one else will win the comp.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We are definitley deserving of top 8. The teams below us are all more inconsistent than we are. The hardest done by team is Penrith with so many close losses... but I don't think that is bad luck. That is an inability to close out matches so they deserve to be where they are.

If we had not had a few shockers we would be top 4.

If we can play like we did yesterday, and fix up a few errors, and get Bmoz back we could easily make a push for the top 4. Especially with Brisbane showing some kinks in their armor. Those are a lot of ifs though, let's hope we can do it.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can easily make the 4 if we play our best football. We beat brisbane after the bye and we go equal 4th. Since that eels game I feel as though the side has played some really good footy. The canberra game should've been won but the reality was we had 5 of our starting 13 out to their 1 and boys had to play way longer minutes than usual. The sharks game was cruel, a better last set of six and we win against a side in red hot form. ps. I hope we knock them out in the prelim final ive had enough of the year of the fin bullshit

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think our season rests on how well Brett Morris returns from injury. He doesn't make our team and we can win without him but he adds something to our team that no one else does. He gives us an attacking threat from anywhere on the field. I hope he comes back successfully and if that coincides with an in-form T-rex and Beastwood then we are a genuine chance.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a tough draw. We play the Broncs and the Cows twice. It was said before a ball was kicked off that we had one of the toughest draws, I think the Dragoons got rated the hardest and then us. I still think we can nab a top four spot. Top two are gone its about 3 and 4 imo.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The real challenge is round 20 at smiles stadium against the Cowboys.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we are fully fit at the business end I think we can make top 4. With B Moz included, Mbye hopefully finding form.

But looking at us now have to say no.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once again the Cronulla game and loss will come back to haunt out top 4 aspirations

Just like last year
We should have beaten them both times

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who is the cry baby mate, you come up with any reason why we lose a game, oh the refs are against us, the bunker are against us, now we see the reason we haven't done any good the last few years is the nrl and the draw hahaha
Your reply is as confusing as your username i'm not making excuses i feel that we will be better prepared for a final series playing teams involved in the semi's as opposed to teams at the opposite end. When did i say we haven't done well 2014 GF last Year 2nd week of semi's i would say were going very well

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Still have to play Bris and Cows twice each

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your reply is as confusing as your username i'm not making excuses i feel that we will be better prepared for a final series playing teams involved in the semi's as opposed to teams at the opposite end. When did i say we haven't done well 2014 GF last Year 2nd week of semi's i would say were going very well
Matt, Renee and Gus?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Top 4 is not out of the equation but the games against the Cowboys and Broncos are going to define our regular season in more ways than one. We have come up good against Melbourne in Melbourne and just short against the Sharks so strong performances against last years grand finalists should give us a lot of confidence.

In reality, we need a top 4 spot to win a grand final, the odds are too heavily stacked against teams outside of the top 4. Stranger things have happened but our cards need to be laid on the table right here and now and I think Des is starting to realise that. It's taken him a while, but he may have come to his senses with our boys playing that free flowing football off the back of our usual bash and barge. Graham and Tolman are passing the fu##ing football! We are playing rugby league baby!!!!!

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 4 is not out of the equation but the games against the Cowboys and Broncos are going to define our regular season in more ways than one. We have come up good against Melbourne in Melbourne and just short against the Sharks so strong performances against last years grand finalists should give us a lot of confidence.

In reality, we need a top 4 spot to win a grand final, the odds are too heavily stacked against teams outside of the top 4. Stranger things have happened but our cards need to be laid on the table right here and now and I think Des is starting to realise that. It's taken him a while, but he may have come to his senses with our boys playing that free flowing football off the back of our usual bash and barge. Graham and Tolman are passing the fu##ing football! We are playing rugby league baby!!!!!
It is nice to see the footy being thrown around. We have the backs to score points and our forwards are great, but just have to be used effectively. Let's hope this continues as I am sure there will be more victories!

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we scrape into the top 4 I'd be very confident because we'd more than likely come up against Cronulla who will choke or storm who have seemingly forgotten how to beat us.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We have a tough draw. We play the Broncs and the Cows twice. It was said before a ball was kicked off that we had one of the toughest draws, I think the Dragoons got rated the hardest and then us. I still think we can nab a top four spot. Top two are gone its about 3 and 4 imo.
We knocked the donkeys off last year at Bumcorp , I was there , the cows are gunna run out of puff , have already beaten the storm , it really comes down to Des , we have the players - but do they have the direction and will ?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is nice to see the footy being thrown around. We have the backs to score points and our forwards are great, but just have to be used effectively. Let's hope this continues as I am sure there will be more victories!
Spot on, we have found that good balance of forward runs and backline movement. For most teams, that's fairly standard, but for us, its a luxury because we typically overuse our forwards and that can only result in an ultra fatigued forward pack which ultimately means less impactful runs, slower line speed, ineffective tackles and less attacking opportunities. What we are producing now is the only way we can be successful the way in which our structures work. Teams were using compacted defensive strategies and quick line speed to neutralise our forward strength knowing that we were using up 4 or 5 tackles up the middle and being exceptionally predictable, that can't happen when guys like Graham and Jackson are throwing long balls to our backline and other guys like RFM and Kasiano creating second phase opportunities.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Matt, Renee and Gus?
Are you asking a question mate or advising me?? Out of all the conversations we are talking about here on the kennel all you could only come up was pointing out the persons username?? I can see what's written the confusing part is why would someone write three names of 2 males one female and put it all together?? obviously this type of thing is regular in your life so we can digress from that point

Status
Not open for further replies.