Sadly I don't think we can make the top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The Storm know how to beat the Dogs when it matters
We have had the wood on Souths and Melboourne since they beat us in the grand finals. Whats more is that we have done it with a sense of determination. This lends to the fact that the Dogs get themselves up for big games and seemingly coast along for most of the season.

Question is, is it a purposeful tactic? Does Des struggle to get the boys up for games? Do other teams get up to play us? Or is his tactics sucking the enthusiasm out of our players?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have had the wood on Souths and Melboourne since they beat us in the grand finals. Whats more is that we have done it with a sense of determination. This lends to the fact that the Dogs get themselves up for big games and seemingly coast along for most of the season.

Question is, is it a purposeful tactic? Does Des struggle to get the boys up for games? Do other teams get up to play us? Or is his tactics sucking the enthusiasm out of our players?
Name one big game the dogs have been up for apart from the Storm semi in 2014 since 2012.....

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Name one big game the dogs have been up for apart from the Storm semi in 2014 since 2012.....
did I say the team wins big games?, or did I say the team lifts noticeably when we have an opponent who will demand such an effort and that we have beaten the teams we have played grand finals against more times then not...

Go and have another read...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
did I say the team wins big games?, or did I say the team lifts noticeably when we have an opponent who will demand such an effort and that we have beaten the teams we have played grand finals against more times then not...

Go and have another read...
I didn't say you said the team wins big games I just asked to name which games the team has been supposedly up for ? We roll over more often then not and only scrape home against weak opposition like the Dragons semi last year in others

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I didn't say you said the team wins big games I just asked to name which games the team has been supposedly up for ? We roll over more often then not and only scrape home against weak opposition like the Dragons semi last year in others
being up for a game since 2012 has meant hitting the lead early, with intensity, then fading out for the last 20.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are still yet play both the Broncos and Cowboys twice both home and away. If we can beat either twice we are in the four ceteris paribus. Apart from that we have an easy draw; Roosters x1, Tigers x1, Dragons x1, Knights x1, Manly x1, Rabbits x1. Meanwhile the Broncos still play the Storm twice.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are still yet play both the Broncos and Cowboys twice both home and away. If we can beat either twice we are in the four ceteris paribus. Apart from that we have an easy draw; Roosters x1, Tigers x1, Dragons x1, Knights x1, Manly x1, Rabbits x1. Meanwhile the Broncos still play the Storm twice.
Sharks and storm are pretty much top 4 certainties so we have to beat the cowboys and broncos at least once each to have a chance as they're the only teams that are close to us on points.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will be relying on injuries to Cowboys or Broncos to have a chance at Top 4

Malla

Reaction score
We play Broncos twice and Cowboys once before the seasons end, so really its in our hands.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We play Broncos twice and Cowboys once before the seasons end, so really its in our hands.
True Maila. Broncos and Cowboys have a 64% winning rate.
If they maintain that for the next 10 games, plus their two byes points, they will finish on 34 or 36 points

We need to reach at least 34 more likely 36 to get a crack at top 4 (we also have a lower +/-).
So we need 8 wins out of 10 matches, plus our two byes for 36 points.

Based on our draw here's what that could look like.

Bye 2 points
Broncos w
Roosters w
Tigers w
Bye 2 points
rd 20.Cowboys L
Dragons w
Knights w
Manly w
Broncos L
Cowboys w
Souths w

Can we do it?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Really not expecting them to get in the top 4. Just a case of being strong on paper but not translating it to the real world. I reckon the dogs will probably finish 5th or 6th.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had we not blown games against raiders and sharks we would be sitting in 3rd right now. I'd love to say we will make top 4 but I think it's just out of our reach. Storm and sharks I highly doubt will drop out. That leaves 2 spots open. The benefit is that we play both cows and broncos twice. Besides those 2 games we have a fairly decent 2nd half of the draw against teams not in the 8. But going off this year we haven't strung together more then 2 wins. We need to make a charge now.

The next month is crucial. We have the bye, broncos after origin (Bennett will rest players), roosters, Tigers, bye, cows, knights. If we can get through that period undefeated, I think the top 4 is gettable.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching the Storm annihilate the Rorters and seeing what the Cowboys, Broncos and Sharks have offered so far this year, the Dogs are light years behind.

Des take note how the Storm forwards are playing!!!!!!

Wow your logic is severely flawed as is this useless thread of cry babies and tossers. Dealing with your logic first we have beat Melbourne our last 8/8 games they simply can not get through the "terrible" Hasler gameplan. Everytime Melbourne win I am cheering because they are showing the true "weakness" of this years competition and how far we are ahead of the rest. Sharks in very controversial circumstances "PIPPED" us in the last minute and have beaten all that's come before them this year they remind me of the 2009 dogs or 2014 panthers they will win a lot of regular season games and crumble in semi's'.

Cowboys are travelling ok but that game against St George that they lost showed a lot of flaws in there club' depth and gameplan. if Thurston or Morgan get injured they are gone and they rely so heavily on those two front rowers to win games so much so that even though the dragons were terrible they couldn't beat them. Broncos are absolute shot ducks there halves are abysmal and Milford has become so predictable it's not funny he is going to dummy and run and we all know hunt can not win close or clutch games. Like each year the runners up really struggle to produce the following the year and rarely if ever reach the GF the following year.

So why haven't we won more games even though we are 5th and one win behind Broncos who we play after origin??Over the cap parramatta by "FAR" had the best team, gameplan and structures this year and would have won the comp this year in a canter. yes they had us covered it would have taken a massive effort for us to beat them at any time through the season this year. Unfortunately we played cheating Parra twice and lost they beat everyone barring Broncos at this time including Cowboys. At Belmore Sezer had the game of his life with a lot to prove and we were flat and tired and almost disinterested that was our worst game of the year and we still only lost by 12.

The Warriors beat us after a 5 day turnaround and again last minute we were simply gassed in that game and could go the full 80 Broncos were pumped by the warriors last week in similar conditions. Against the raiders the temp in Canberra was 4 degrees raiders at FULL STRENGTH us without Klemmer, Jackson, Jmoz, Bmoz and Hopoate and with a debut winger called up on the day, on top of the fact we only had a 16 man bench for 35 minutes was nothing short of OUTSTANDING. Last week we played in form sharks who we were better than for the 80 minutes we just didn't get the result which happens in rugby league from time to time.

This is our first genuine chance to win a comp since 2012 when you add Eastwood and Bmoz to yesterday's line up we are a very scaring team. Our draw is very hard at the end the year and all I can say is thank you Mr Greenberg every year we have fallen into the finals on the back of a soft draw last year we won 8 in a row before losing to Roosters and we always have a soft draw at the end of the year finally we will play big teams which will prepare us for finals instead of limping or falling in TBH Newcastle late could be an issue.

Even the Titans who have beaten everyone since losing to us have franked our form stop being such cry babies and start to get on board, this is our year i have 5000 reasons at $17 to say so

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow your logic is severely flawed as is this useless thread of cry babies and tossers. Dealing with your logic first we have beat Melbourne our last 8/8 games they simply can not get through the "terrible" Hasler gameplan. Everytime Melbourne win I am cheering because they are showing the true "weakness" of this years competition and how far we are ahead of the rest. Sharks in very controversial circumstances "PIPPED" us in the last minute and have beaten all that's come before them this year they remind me of the 2009 dogs or 2014 panthers they will win a lot of regular season games and crumble in semi's'.

Cowboys are travelling ok but that game against St George that they lost showed a lot of flaws in there club' depth and gameplan. if Thurston or Morgan get injured they are gone and they rely so heavily on those two front rowers to win games so much so that even though the dragons were terrible they couldn't beat them. Broncos are absolute shot ducks there halves are abysmal and Milford has become so predictable it's not funny he is going to dummy and run and we all know hunt can not win close or clutch games. Like each year the runners up really struggle to produce the following the year and rarely if ever reach the GF the following year.

So why haven't we won more games even though we are 5th and one win behind Broncos who we play after origin??Over the cap parramatta by "FAR" had the best team, gameplan and structures this year and would have won the comp this year in a canter. yes they had us covered it would have taken a massive effort for us to beat them at any time through the season this year. Unfortunately we played cheating Parra twice and lost they beat everyone barring Broncos at this time including Cowboys. At Belmore Sezer had the game of his life with a lot to prove and we were flat and tired and almost disinterested that was our worst game of the year and we still only lost by 12.

The Warriors beat us after a 5 day turnaround and again last minute we were simply gassed in that game and could go the full 80 Broncos were pumped by the warriors last week in similar conditions. Against the raiders the temp in Canberra was 4 degrees raiders at FULL STRENGTH us without Klemmer, Jackson, Jmoz, Bmoz and Hopoate and with a debut winger called up on the day, on top of the fact we only had a 16 man bench for 35 minutes was nothing short of OUTSTANDING. Last week we played in form sharks who we were better than for the 80 minutes we just didn't get the result which happens in rugby league from time to time.

This is our first genuine chance to win a comp since 2012 when you add Eastwood and Bmoz to yesterday's line up we are a very scaring team. Our draw is very hard at the end the year and all I can say is thank you Mr Greenberg every year we have fallen into the finals on the back of a soft draw last year we won 8 in a row before losing to Roosters and we always have a soft draw at the end of the year finally we will play big teams which will prepare us for finals instead of limping or falling in TBH Newcastle late could be an issue.

Even the Titans who have beaten everyone since losing to us have franked our form stop being such cry babies and start to get on board, this is our year i have 5000 reasons at $17 to say so

Thanks for the feedback bud

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positive way of looking at things habibsta. You make a convincing arguement.

Malla

Reaction score
Knowing the Dogs, we will probably go out and beat the Broncs and Cowboys but lose to Manly and Tigers lol

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Who is the cry baby mate, you come up with any reason why we lose a game, oh the refs are against us, the bunker are against us, now we see the reason we haven't done any good the last few years is the nrl and the draw hahaha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do we deserve the top 8, let alone let alone top 4?
Sorry but thats a dumb question. If we didnt deserve to be in the 8, we wouldnt be. In fact we could lose the next 2 and still be in the 8. We dont deserve to be in the top 4 yet, so we arent. Doesnt mean we cant. Still many rounds to go and we are only 2 behind the top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.