Sad to say...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Energy around training has sapped...

At the end of training on Wednesday night there were two telling tales that eventuated.

1. JAC carrying a limp results in pulling out the next day
2. Reserves run riot in an opposing sesh, 1st grade finish training with their heads held low. Literally H.Perham telling everybody to lift their games and wake up. They ended up bringing that attitude to the game.

So what is the issue??

Is the Perham experiment over? Do we need something fresh from the back?

Is the game plan just not suiting this squad? When we play adlib we look really good, when we go into robot mode we look dumb founded.

Biggest thing I have noticed is the communication has dropped.. They were very loud to begin and its like going through the motions. Where does CC go from here?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

At the end of training on Wednesday night there were two telling tales that eventuated.

2. Reserves run riot in an opposing sesh, 1st grade finish training with their heads held low. Literally H.Perham telling everybody to lift their games and wake up, Bascially brought that attitude to the game.

So what is the issue??

Is the game plan just not suiting this squad? When we play adlib we look really good, when we go into robot mode we look dumb founded.

Biggest thing I have noticed is the communication has dropped.. They were very loud to begin and its like going through the motions. Where does CC go from here?
Funny you mentioned this, I said in the game day thread that the reserves with KO would put 50 on the "FGers".

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

2. Reserves run riot in an opposing sesh, 1st grade finish training with their heads held low. Literally H.Perham telling everybody to lift their games and wake up. They ended up bringing that attitude to the game.

So what is the issue??

It’s not a good look for cc after he was confident of a response

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best thing to do now is look forward and start bring in those that deserve a crack. A lot of young guys have already shown their worth and we'll be better for it with the experience they're getting.

Thankfully we have a number of dead weight high priced duds off contract this year so there is opportunity to fix things in all areas.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A few players need to be dropped to reserve grade.

RFM I have supported in the past but tonight was the final straw. After talking game all week he puts in another soft effort.

Pangai is now the new She-Rex Tony Williams Doppelgänger. He was gassed after 10 minutes and had no impact in defence. Monstered all game.

The Bulldogs stand for toughness, resilience, inclusivity and grit. None of those characteristics was there tonight or in the past few weeks.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned this, I said in the game day thread that the reserves with KO would put 50 on the "FGers".
Honestly they ran 4 tries in on the first graders through the middle and on shift plays... Papal'ii emnarrased them a couple of times too.

If anything it tells you the hunger aint there anymore..

It was like that in pre season too... The reserves won almost every opposing sesh I watched and it was because it was a bunch of blokes trying to crack first grade. HUNGER! COMMITMENT! Its gone missing...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our forward pack is shit, said it before a ball was kicked. Since then we've lost more forwards and the forwards that are playing are busted. Key players also aren't delivering. Until these two things change we're going to be anchored to the bottom of the table

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of them are busted at this point. The bye would come in handy to freshen up. Changes need to be made in the pack that’s clear as day
They look so tired.. mentally and physically.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s stupid recruitment decisions plaguing the club year after year that’s the issue, we can’t catch a break if we continue to make them.

Signing players on potential and extending players who should be dumped is killing us. I’ve said it before we need a mental coach because we still have a looser mentality.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From memory, besides Perhams mistake, to me he played better tonight. Not a superstar but he tried and made some breaks.

We need some hard dominate forwards ffs!
SOS Gus

Team seemed to play like puppies, not the doggies!

Credit to Warriors, they were good and gave us nothing.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not a good look for cc after he was confident of a response
Yep.
People think what defines a good coach is his tactical ability...

But it's more about having the ability to lift your players, have them firing on GameDay and choosing a gameplan that fits the players abilities but can also win the game for you.

This is where CC will be judged...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forward pack is shit, said it before a ball was kicked. Since then we've lost more forwards and the forwards that are playing are busted. Key players also aren't delivering. Until these two things change we're going to be anchored to the bottom of the table
Obvious rather even then we were still competitive and surprisingly sticking in games by just ticking over the score board.

The boys just arent pushing anymore and its evident.