• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Hi Raaaay x 2

Please STFU and focus on making the Bulldogs great. No one cares if you have no fait in the NRL. We do not have any faith in you. Things you should consider:

• Club comes 1st
  • Club comes 2nd
  • Club comes 3rd

Every time you and "Auntie" are about to make a decision, I'd like you both to ask yourselves the following question:
  • How will this lead us to premiership glory?
If the answer is a positive one, please continue.
If the answer is negative, please reevaluate.

Currently it would appear that you are not asking yourselves these questions and unfortunately the bulk of the answers are negative. So much so that we've become a run of the mill club that should just be happy fielding a team week to week. So please, until thinking about your decisions and actually leading. There are loads of Football club members that cannot wait to vote you out come next AGM. Hopefully, mysterious "Proxy Votes" aren't the deciding factor. STFU and get the job done!!

/end

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's what it takes to get the message across maybe someone can tee me up a meeting with Ray and Aunty and I won't show up

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hi Raaaay x 2

Please STFU and focus on making the Bulldogs great. No one cares if you have no fait in the NRL. We do not have any faith in you. Things you should consider:

• Club comes 1st
  • Club comes 2nd
  • Club comes 3rd

Every time you and "Auntie" are about to make a decision, I'd like you both to ask yourselves the following question:
  • How will this lead us to premiership glory?
If the answer is a positive one, please continue.
If the answer is negative, please reevaluate.

Currently it would appear that you are not asking yourselves these questions and unfortunately the bulk of the answers are negative. So much so that we've become a run of the mill club that should just be happy fielding a team week to week. So please, until thinking about your decisions and actually leading. There are loads of Football club members that cannot wait to vote you out come next AGM. Hopefully, mysterious "Proxy Votes" aren't the deciding factor. STFU and get the job done!!

/end
What you are saying is logical and 100% correct. The problem though, is that considereing it's all good advice, it will fall on deaf ears.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
actually i think they are really trying to win a premiership because if they win a premiership it would increase memberships and sales

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
doga your all over it, bring back malcolm noad

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We only need one thing from Ray Dib... HONESTY

And that must cover every facet of the club's workings.
  • Financial situation
  • Staff - Duties and qualifications
  • Players contracts - current and proposed
  • Recruitment - the real deal - newly contracted, those released and why
  • Coaching - the high expectations that came with Hasler that fizzled to almost nothing - our immediate future and beyond
This isn't a mea maxina culpa before the lynch mob takes over. Its just the truth of where we're at now and a realistic prediction of our future.

Personally, I don't think he has got it in him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Dib is the issue. He is elected by the other board members to speak on the clubs behalf. If he goes, you probably end up with someone exactly the same (unless the entire board go).

Castle, I honestly believe is out of her capable depth. Running Netball NZ is a completely different kettle of fish to Rugby League club. Sure she has the politically correct and gimmicky marketing boxes ticked, but clearly has issues working within a budget, and understanding what the fans want and the fanbase needs.

Even if we break membership records, will it really be understanding the fans?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I don't think Dib is the issue. He is elected by the other board members to speak on the clubs behalf. If he goes, you probably end up with someone exactly the same (unless the entire board go).

Castle, I honestly believe is out of her capable depth. Running Netball NZ is a completely different kettle of fish to Rugby League club. Sure she has the politically correct and gimmicky marketing boxes ticked, but clearly has issues working within a budget, and understanding what the fans want and the fanbase needs.

Even if we break membership records, will it really be understanding the fans?
blame whoever hired castle

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be truly representative of all opinions the poll should have a sack neither option.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pfft. Lulz at the people who think Raelene is the problem and not Des. I'd say none of the above from the evidence available....although if she is digging her heels in for Des against the board's wishes I'm no fan. I don't think that's the case though. She does not have that power. She couldn't protect Des if the board was really gunning for him. Our board has final say and our board hired hired her.

Anyway, silly thread. Des is the problem and until he changes, sacking our CEO won't change a damn thing about our boring and uninspiring onfield style. If we don't improve this year, Des should go and the board should be next in the crosshairs ..... I'd love to see Des and Dibb gone personally. Really not a fan of Dibb. But I'm not naive enough to think sacking him would solve our onfoeld problems in itself. It has to start with Des. He has to change and adapt .... or he has to go.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldnt guve a damn about the whole lot of them.. I just want to see my first grade team given an opporrunity to be a genuine contender - that will.involve at the very minimum fixing the severe curvature of our spine

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Give them until the end of 2017. If it's still stagnant football and no new blood or plans then we know they lack ambition. Mortimer shook them up because they were getting too comfortable with poor performances and 5-8th place finishes.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
winning a premiership would be counter-productive...... eventually. think about it, every players price will skyrocket, we wont be able to keep em all and no doubt there will be at least one key player, if not more, that leaves. the side gets decimated and we're back to square one.

i say no to a premiership.
*spoken by the anti-winning party, canberra*

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
winning a premiership would be counter-productive...... eventually. think about it, every players price will skyrocket, we wont be able to keep em all and no doubt there will be at least one key player, if not more, that leaves. the side gets decimated and we're back to square one.

i say no to a premiership.
*spoken by the anti-winning party, canberra*
You are a joke. Happy to win a premiership. Don't care hoy many we lose after that.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
You are a joke. Happy to win a premiership. Don't care hoy many we lose after that.
sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting;
    trenchancy, mordancy, acerbity;
    rarecausticity, mordacity
    "his voice was heavy with sarcasm"

Status
Not open for further replies.