Sack hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
did u see ben barba running fast in his power ranger suit today on his mad Monday" wtf? whats going on ' he said he broke his anckle yesterday im lost for words this must be looked into ' it could be close to match fixing? please explain ben barba and inu was laughing with him and ennis .. iam heart broken to have seen this..

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
did u see ben barba running fast in his power ranger suit today on his mad Monday" wtf? whats going on ' he said he broke his anckle yesterday im lost for words this must be looked into ' it could be close to match fixing? please explain ben barba and inu was laughing with him and ennis .. iam heart broken to have seen this..
link?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
can a mod please add *retracted* to my title after sack hasler
What for? If Dymock or a rookie was in Hasler's chair he would have been sacked.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
What for? If Dymock or a rookie was in Hasler's chair he would have been sacked.
If Dymock was coach we would be a lot tougher. Remember when he took over for a short time? fukmate it was the closest thing to our old mentality I've seen for a long time. Legend.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

This was literally just posted to Twitter. Seems like he is legit injured to me.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Like K Moore was sacked after missing the finals in 2010? Oh wait, no he wasn't...at least not til half way through the next season.

Stop talking sh!t ffs. Hasler wasn't sacked. Nor should he have been. A less experienced coach who had taken us to a GF previously would be given more time too.

We had a very disrupted season. Folkes missed the finals in 2005 with a similar season in terms of injuries and suspensions. Folkes also didn't have the Barba drama to deal with. Most coaches wouldn't have coached us to the finals this year, but Canterbury are not a club that is known for sacking coaches anyway. No coach would be sacked by the Bulldogs for finishing 6th after this kind of season and a GF appearance the previous year.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This was literally just posted to Twitter. Seems like he is legit injured to me.

When you lay down crying clutching at your body, it is legit to me. Best of luck to him and his family.

On another note Tony Williams has had surgery aswell, maybe an injury that has troubled him this year?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Like K Moore was sacked after missing the finals in 2010? Oh wait, no he wasn't...at least not til half way through the next season.

Stop talking sh!t ffs. Hasler wasn't sacked. Nor should he have been. A less experienced coach who had taken us to a GF previously would be given more time too.

We had a very disrupted season. Folkes missed the finals in 2005 with a similar season in terms of injuries and suspensions. Folkes also didn't have the Barba drama to deal with. Most coaches wouldn't have coached us to the finals this year, but Canterbury are not a club that is known for sacking coaches anyway. No coach would be sacked by the Bulldogs for finishing 6th after this kind of season and a GF appearance the previous year.

how about folkes being told he wasnt required at the start of 2008 after having pretty much the same 2 seasons as hasler in 2006 and 2007 and also folkes was a clubman who won the title a few years previous so he deserved more leeway than hasler

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
how about folkes being told he wasnt required at the start of 2008 after having pretty much the same 2 seasons as hasler in 2006 and 2007 and also folkes was a clubman who won the title a few years previous so he deserved more leeway than hasler
Different scenarios for more reasons than just the fact Folksey was a clubman. I love Folksey....please don't think I'm bagging him out. Folkes was not ousted on the basis of one bad season though as I understand it. He was ousted because there was a perception he had been at the reigns too long and the club needed to be refreshed. This perception may well have been driven my the media. I'm not saying we should have let him go....but the two situations are a little different.

I brought up Folkes as a basis for comparison of the 2004/05 and 2012/13 seasons alone...apart from some similarities between those two seasons I wouldn't have brought him up.

Anyway....regardless of the Folksey comparison I really don't see the value in sacking Hasler. ANY cioach can have bad luck, an ordinary year and even make mistakes. A clubman may deserve more leeway, but I think any coach deserves a littkle leeway after finishing 6th. Everyone goes on about how bad a result it is with our roster, but nobody even rated our roster before Hasler arrived.

i THINK HE MADE MISTAKES THIS YEAR BUT i DON''T THINK SACKING HIM SHOULD EVEN BE A CONSIDERATION AT THIS TIME....AND SO FAR AS i KNOW IT ISN'T.

Sorry....not yelling in text form....caps lock and I don't get along very well :P

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
this tweedle girl intrigues me...

eighteen18

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why is it that most of the junk refers to getting rid of one person or another, this time last year everyone was applauding Des on the outstanding job he did with such a young team and that we got bundle out of the finals in week 1 all you so-called experts are calling for his sacking. Are seriously contemplating talking it up here until we become the shambles of the EELS because that's what will happen if you experts have your way which will really piss you all off. Perhaps you know-it-all's should think of the bigger picture which is the team, and not your own self importance. Yes we could of played better during the season and yes if we had all our players available from round 1 instead of round 6 we probably would of won at least another 2-4 games which would of given us a top 4 finish and everyone of you would of been praising Des again but alas our season didn't start like that and we were behind from the get -go. But calling for Des Hasler to be sack because the team didn't live up to your expectation is no reason to sack arguably 1 of the best coaches of recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.