Sack hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belmorebro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All those forwards you mentioned need to step it up a notch next year.

Not sure if you would be content with drury low at fb.
Maybe not Drury Low, but could we try blooding Templeman and/or Sila? They're not as ready as Low but they clearly have more potential, and given a bit of FG experience who knows how fast they can develop.

Watching guys like Hiku, Feki, Simona, Moylan, Dylan Walker etc. get chucked in the deep end and seeing them succeed in such short time just makes me wonder... why can't our U20s success translate to more backs getting promoted?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe not Drury Low, but could we try blooding Templeman and/or Sila? They're not as ready as Low but they clearly have more potential, and given a bit of FG experience who knows how fast they can develop.

Watching guys like Hiku, Feki, Simona, Moylan, Dylan Walker etc. get chucked in the deep end and seeing them succeed in such short time just makes me wonder... why can't our U20s success translate to more backs getting promoted?
Maybe Sila... Wasn't he named a few times this year but got scratched before game day?

Templeman looks too small. Remember Nathan Massey was carving up 20s at fb but is playing bundy cup somewhere.

What happened to Macallum?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive harped on about this alot but des needs to drop guys for not performing next year and start promoting young guys otherwise well lose future stars like lachie burr and sila

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't understand how Des can drop Inu in a semi final game and not T.Williams. Surely Williams had to be dropped before Inu ever was.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of chatter about sacking Hasler. That would be a no brainer. If anyone was to get the sack, it should have been some of the soft forwards. Most are overweight (KASIANO, WILLIAMS and also MORRIS) and lacked any go forward. If there not prepeared to have a go, get rid of them. One guy who impresses me in the lower grades is Lachlan Burr. He should be introduced sooner rather than later.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Lots of chatter about sacking Hasler. That would be a no brainer. If anyone was to get the sack, it should have been some of the soft forwards. Most are overweight (KASIANO, WILLIAMS and also MORRIS) and lacked any go forward. If there not prepeared to have a go, get rid of them. One guy who impresses me in the lower grades is Lachlan Burr. He should be introduced sooner rather than later.
The only sentence I wholly agree with is the very last sentence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Morris isn't overweight and he isn't a forward.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know Morris isnt a forward. I said ALSO Morris. Hes a winger who plays centre and now trying to play fullback. He needs to lose about 10 kg to be fit and mobile. But hes grossly overweight.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know Morris isnt a forward. I said ALSO Morris. Hes a winger who plays centre and now trying to play fullback. He needs to lose about 10 kg to be fit and mobile. But hes grossly overweight.
He is a world class centre, that is why he left the Dragons because they couldn't find a spot for him in the centres but wanted him on the wing... He isn't that overweight he seems very bulky and it is preferred for a centre to be bulky yet have speed these days.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Morris is grossly overweight what's George Rose lol

N

Natboy

I see josh at the beach all the time with his dog & he's basically got no fat on him at all. Not sure if you mean excess bulk?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I see josh at the beach all the time with his dog & he's basically got no fat on him at all. Not sure if you mean excess bulk?
I'm guessing that is what they are confusing

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Josh Morris is a fat shit. I saw him breathing heavily at least 2 times this season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My main problem with the thread is the title. Its like a demand to sack Des first thing you see every time you come in here. A simple question mark after Hasler would completely change the context of the thread titles meaning. A mod can do this. I encourage it.

Apart from that some good things have been talked about in the thread itself. Obviously the idea of Des being sacked is not popular opinion.

Oops, my bad. I must be thinking of next season already.

Speaking of which, are there any backs ready to step up from U20s or NSW Cup? I don't watch enough lower grade games to have an educated opinion, but I hear Sila, Templeman and Mbye are showing alot of potential. But at the same time we've signed Chase and Phillips, and going after every big name fullback... in both codes.

Call me old fashioned, but what's the likelihood of giving our backline pups a shot at first grade? Jackson, Finucane, and Klemmer and Burr to a lesser extent have broke through. Surely our recent U20s success can be attributed to having a bit of talent from 1 to 7.
Sila looks ready for fg any minute and is very good. Whether we need him yet is another story. Templeman is a very good player. He doesnt look likely, but he plays really well and kicks goals well. And winning field goals a few times including last weeks golden point win. But he doesnt look solid enough physically for FG yet. He needs to bulk up a little. He will get smashed in FG. They dont tackle in under 20s, hes not used to it. He needs more time. Feeney looks promising too.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that Morris has put on too much muscle and lost a bit of power and speed.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we're micro-managing absoloutly every facet as to why we failed this year.

I was probably in the same boat until I saw Melbourne lose last week. They had the big 3, played in Melbourne and had the "super coach" - yet looked just as unconvincing as we did the week before.

Sometimes it just gets to the point where as a side you just don't show up, not matter how good your coach is or how hard you want to win.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Des needs to find a new attacking plays
- Better defence for the wingers
- Need FB
- Play with pride and determination

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Nah, just hire their tuff as nails players

Status