SACK BARRETT!!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I will get the petrol and matches back out if we sign that filth... FBaz is not going anywhere until at least mid nest year if he continues to not deliver.

We have Thompson back in 2 weeks which will help, Okunbor to return and Doorey, Schouup to promote so there is some hope of small improvement for this year.
I know he is filth and i hate the **** but at least he is a real coach.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Presser just finished
. JMK broken foot and piakura to stay at broncos.. the rest is just routine barrett response..

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a combination of things, but having an inexperienced coach and inexperienced players or players that only know how to lose does not help.

Baz has wasted his first season imo, he needed to focus on the basics and building a strong system and build off that. Instead he just tried to copy the Panthers playbook and it's a fucking disaster. Our players just aren't at that level right now or have the confidence and experience to pull it off and all he's doing is destroying there confidence even more. Furner also seems like a massive dud.
Said it long time ago and not just with Baz, alot of coaches, coach a dream team in their heads...they dont know how to coach with what they got, like Bellache and Grand Torino.....it's even worse when they dont know how to make changes as the game goes on......

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
no at the end of the day it's the players that go out there and peform each week not the coach so the players need to aim up/

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's done a terrific job at the Dragons but they also have a much better roster. They were actually underperforming whereas our players are just shit.
Yeah I was bagging him with his recruitment.. egg on my face

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep sack him

He has been responsible for our recruitment and retention the last 10 years and also our player development.

Fucking pathetic thread .

Sack a coach and pay him out for 3 years when that money can be used to develop juniors.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get that mate and he does have good player management skills but the drug thing just fucks me off.

I think Barrett’s personality attracted or convinced guys to come over, I’m just not convinced yet he can really coach a FG team. I liked the idea of Hook and the Dragons are travelling ok so far but have lost a couple of gun players, so it’s a hard balance.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The sack Baz rhetoric is not going to work guys. Forget it, he's here for the long haul. Troops are coming next year and I hope to God we also recruit a hooker and two pigs.

This year Barrett needs to mix it up, weekly if he has to until we get a win. None of this loyalty bullshit. He needs to be ruthless.

Hoppa has to be dropped and Allen needs to vacate the FB position immediately.

Avo should have a run at the back and as much as I hate to say it, I think the Prince should return at 6. At least he knows how to tackle

Throughout the shit we dished up the last few years, at least we could defend and now defensively, this year's team is an absolute disgrace.
agree we can not just keep sacking coachs when they dont perform early as if we did that we will never get better

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I get that mate and he does have good player management skills but the drug thing just fucks me off.

I think Barrett’s personality attracted or convinced guys to come over, I’m just not convinced yet he can really coach a FG team. I liked the idea of Hook and the Dragons are travelling ok so far but have lost a couple of gun players, so it’s a hard balance.
Well don't blame me bro, I wanted Holbrook lol

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys about to run into the speed force, does anyone want me to change anything lol

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep sack him

He has been responsible for our recruitment and retention the last 10 years and also our player development.

Fucking pathetic thread .

Sack a coach and pay him out for 3 years when that money can be used to develop juniors.
Yup correct! Baz has helped recruited Fox and Burton and both spoke highly of him. I doubt both players would of came if Pay called them. The current mobs need to lift or bye bye by end of this year!

Reactions: ATT

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He kept saying the players weren’t doing their job in attack. I wonder if he realises they aren’t doing their job because they just don’t have the ability

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I’d rather him atm. But Sharks will take him back. Morris is on the chopping board and I don’t know why. He’s got his team playing competitively

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He kept saying the players weren’t doing their job in attack. I wonder if he realises they aren’t doing their job because they just don’t have the ability
Or defence

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instant success was never going to happen,we are 3 games in and everyone’s going of,we have been terrible,and believe that we have hit rock bottom,but I have confidence that our team will improve,just like the team we need to hang in there,and stay with them,instead of putting them down.
I would agree with you if we had seen even a glimmer of hope today. Name ONE positive you saw in the game today ...... didn’t think so! I have never been so dejected in my 42 years of supporting this great Club and there have been some really bad times and form.