• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I‘m always carful with my wording, was putting it together for about 3 hours just so no mistakes would appear Lol
Attending meetings & talking to different people within our management group does give a good insight.
Our league‘s club has lost plenty so it’s not really a good time to be careless in my opinion.
100% agree.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally agree with your post mate.
You have to very careful with your wording brother. You either HAVE to agree to sack him NOW or keep him for his full 3 year contract or else the flogs will come out and say “you have a foot in both camps” using typical straw man tactics. These people have probably never attended football club members meetings nor understand the implications of knee jerk decision making which we have done before and look where it got us.
Oooh, there you go again. Agitation to the max.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What if Burton has a clause in his contract about Barrett being coach.
What if Baz kills it with a better squad.
Big money to pay a coach out for 2022 & 2023.
I doubt the football members would be happy with wasting more money.
A bit pre-mature to sack him now.
I think the sensible thing would be to get him some good support stuff and some decent players before we shoot off too early.
Or we can get some TK members to run the club and start sacking everyone left, right and centre until no one wants to come to our club anymore.
I'll leave that up to the brains in our club to decide. Confident our board, Ceo and Manager of football(Gould) know what they are doing.
There are plenty of “what if’s”

Bottom line: He should never have been signed in the first place.

His coaching record is trash. It was before we signed him and, surprise surprise, it still is.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He needs the opportunity to have a full pre-season and start off the competition in 2022 with genuine first graders, he gets that chance next year.

But I’d give him no more than a dozen games to show something, winning more games than losing is a start, once winning becomes a habit, he can focus on being progressive.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He needs the opportunity to have a full pre-season and start off the competition in 2022 with genuine first graders, he gets that chance next year.

But I’d give him no more than a dozen games to show something, winning more games than losing is a start, once winning becomes a habit, he can focus on being progressive.
agreed and besides what is sacking him going to do, there is no one decent to bring in ie Shane Flanagan is a cheat and Paul Green is average as shown in his last 2 years as cowboys coach. So if we sack him who do we get.?

I would let him finish getting rid of the shit players we have and wait until the classy players come and we have better junior development which is why Okunbor, and Tui was resigned as Phil Gould loves his big on juniors

Reactions: ATT

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Barrett can't start next year decently and we aren't competitive....with being competitive far more important than wins....then Gould will act. Hypothetically, could Gould then approach Pay to rejoin the club on say a 1.5 year deal initially....given that Pay lost the confidence of the previous Board and CEO......so Pay can't hold any ill feelings towards the present admin. Did Pay ever play under Gould as coach of Dogs? I say this because there's no doubt the players played for Pay. Our roster was worst then, but they busted their ass week in and week out....so if Barrett doesn't work out....I'd be on the blower to Pay....given the lack of an obvious alternative.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barrett can't start next year decently and we aren't competitive....with being competitive far more important than wins....then Gould will act. Hypothetically, could Gould then approach Pay to rejoin the club on say a 1.5 year deal initially....given that Pay lost the confidence of the previous Board and CEO......so Pay can't hold any ill feelings towards the present admin. Did Pay ever play under Gould as coach of Dogs? I say this because there's no doubt the players played for Pay. Our roster was worst then, but they busted their ass week in and week out....so if Barrett doesn't work out....I'd be on the blower to Pay....given the lack of an obvious alternative.
Why would we go back to Pay? He was just as bad as Barrett this year, with a better roster and arguably better rules.

There’s a reason he hasn’t found any job in the NRL, even as an assistant coach.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeh I mean at the start of the year I genuinely felt we could Finish 10-12th. I knew we couldn’t be a threat but certainly thought we had improved. Instead we are regressing. Woeful. Pathetic. Disgusting.

The only thing giving me anything is there is as I said maybe 5 players in the squad worthy of being there... rest. Fuck right off. Now. My issue with Trent is this.... you make Hopoate captain.... you have napa and hoppa and the one signing Trent has to regret in Fucking waddel... seriously I rather hetho and that bulkshit than Fucking waddel.
Agree with on Waddel.. terrible too many six agains against him.
So glad we didn’t offer Hoppa and Napa new contracts.
We keep hearing about how he’s an attacking coach but I haven’t seen a single set play all season. I get the game has changed but at the very least a scrum based play that gets us an overlap.
We can’t even get a half break and quick play the ball from a scrum.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As if Pay would come back anyway. Pay is not a significant upgrade on Barrett (if at all). It’s not worth the upheaval for players to swap those two. Bennett perhaps, but not Pay.

Reactions: GDR

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett will never come to the dogs after the board said he is to old!!! plus he is going back to brisbane for family reasons

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a wank of a thread. The team always did and still needs time. To expect anything else is foolhardy
2 wins all year
Last place by quite a way
Terrible attack and defensive record
Record breaking level of mediocrity by our standards
Players going backwards

Is it foolhardy to have expected more from the team and coaching staff this year?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As if Pay would come back anyway. Pay is not a significant upgrade on Barrett (if at all). It’s not worth the upheaval for players to swap those two. Bennett perhaps, but not Pay.
I am no Pay fan, but:

Was Barrett a significant upgrade on Pay? Or even Georgallis?

The stats don’t lie.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree. I wouldn’t go back to Pay.

He had his shot.

However, we made the mistake of employing a coach who is arguably worse.

This will set us back quite a while. As a club, we must learn and employ the best people for our club