Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Go to another thread.

All you’re doing is deliberately agitating people.

I’ve not once said anything disrespectful to you.
And all you are doing is deliberately pulling out straw man arguments, that's what you call being agitative champ.

"I've not once said anything disrespectful to you" LOL nice try matey

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And all you are doing is deliberately pulling out straw man arguments, that's what you call being agitative champ.

"I've not once said anything disrespectful to you" LOL nice try matey
How so?

Opinions, as I said earlier, it’s a forum.

C’mon, be nice [emoji106]

You’re not happy with him. You don’t want him sacked right now, but you’re happy to sack him next year if he doesn’t improve? Correct?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@dogwhisperer you’re the only one here who has deviated wildly from the subject.

We’re discussing the topic of Barrett’s coaching - to which you’ve attempted to belittle other members who offer a different opinion, and go off on tangents about To’omaga, Pay, bodybuilding and quote irrelevant jingles.

Where are the moderators?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How so?

Opinions, as I said earlier, it’s a forum.

C’mon, be nice [emoji106]

You’re not happy with him. You don’t want him sacked right now, but you’re happy to sack him next year if he doesn’t improve? Correct?
I'm willing to give him a chance with a better squad, so far he's been disappointing. We should give him at least 8-10 rounds in 2022 with a better roster.

I actually see nothing wrong with that.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm willing to give him a chance with a better squad, so far he's been disappointing. We should give him at least 8-10 rounds in 2022 with a better roster.

I actually see nothing wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with that.

Entitled to that opinion.

As are those who say to move him on at the end of the year, we’ve seen enough.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@dogwhisperer you’re the only one here who has deviated wildly from the subject.

We’re discussing the topic of Barrett’s coaching - to which you’ve attempted to belittle other members who offer a different opinion, and go off on tangents about To’omaga, Pay, bodybuilding and quote irrelevant jingles.

Where are the moderators?
hahaha @ Jingles

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that.

Entitled to that opinion.

As are those who say to move him on at the end of the year, we’ve seen enough.
What if Burton has a clause in his contract about Barrett being coach.
What if Baz kills it with a better squad.
Big money to pay a coach out for 2022 & 2023.
I doubt the football members would be happy with wasting more money.
A bit pre-mature to sack him now.
I think the sensible thing would be to get him some good support stuff and some decent players before we shoot off too early.
Or we can get some TK members to run the club and start sacking everyone left, right and centre until no one wants to come to our club anymore.
I'll leave that up to the brains in our club to decide. Confident our board, Ceo and Manager of football(Gould) know what they are doing.

Reactions: ATT

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if Burton has a clause in his contract about Barrett being coach.
What if Baz kills it with a better squad.
Big money to pay a coach out for 2022 & 2023.
I doubt the football members would be happy with wasting more money.
A bit pre-mature to sack him now.
I think the sensible thing would be to get him some good support stuff and some decent players before we shoot off too early.
Or we can get some TK members to run the club and start sacking everyone left, right and centre until no one wants to come to our club anymore.
I'll leave that up to the brains in our club to decide. Confident our board, Ceo and Manager of football(Gould) know what they are doing.
I agree it would be a massive waste of money paying him out early on.
We have been down this road before with Deso just throwing money away.
J.K and Gus will give Trent at least half a season to prove himself.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay had a good squad when he started in 2018. He had shit loads of rep experience in that side. Morris twins, Klemmer etc etc. 2 wins from first 10 rounds. People have short memories

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pay had a good squad when he started in 2018. He had shit loads of rep experience in that side. Morris twins, Klemmer etc etc. 2 wins from first 10 rounds. People have short memories
stupid post to even think TBaz is going anywhere. He is the one that attracted Burton, Carr etc. Different team next year, im sure Gus will will put a broom through alot more players over the last few rounds.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree it would be a massive waste of money paying him out early on.
We have been down this road before with Deso just throwing money away.
J.K and Gus will give Trent at least half a season to prove himself.
Totally agree with your post mate.
You have to very careful with your wording brother. You either HAVE to agree to sack him NOW or keep him for his full 3 year contract or else the flogs will come out and say “you have a foot in both camps” using typical straw man tactics. These people have probably never attended football club members meetings nor understand the implications of knee jerk decision making which we have done before and look where it got us.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have to very careful with your wording brother. You either HAVE to agree to sack him NOW or keep him for his full 3 year contract or else the flogs will come out and say “you have a foot in both camps” using typical straw man tactics. These people have probably never attended football club members meetings nor understand the implications of knee jerk decision making which we have done before and look where it got us.
You should never make a decision based on emotion or without an alternative. I would only support the sacking of Barrett if there was a much better alternative.

Bennett, is a much better alternative on all fronts, reputation, experience, results and standing in the game.

If there was any chance that he was available, any pissy amount of money owing to Barrett is worth paying. Or, keep him as 2IC to Bennett for a couple of years with a successor plan if he develops. Otherwise, give Gus the whistle.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I‘m always carful with my wording, was putting it together for about 3 hours just so no mistakes would appear Lol
Attending meetings & talking to different people within our management group does give a good insight.
Our league‘s club has lost plenty so it’s not really a good time to be careless in my opinion.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You should never make a decision based on emotion or without an alternative. I would only support the sacking of Barrett if there was a much better alternative.

Bennett, is a much better alternative on all fronts, reputation, experience, results and standing in the game.

If there was any chance that he was available, any pissy amount of money owing to Barrett is worth paying. Or, keep him as 2IC to Bennett for a couple of years with a successor plan if he develops. Otherwise, give Gus the whistle.
Gee man, if Bennett comes you really have to applaud him for making a third attempt to join our club. I dunno, being rejected twice by the same club is hard. He’s probably marked us down as “never again” but then again we have the Gould factor so who knows. Apart from Bennett there really isn’t much out there available. Unless we go down the rookie coach path again, Yuk!