• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know much about footy but even I can see the players are clueless. Flat footed as you say and passing for the sake of it at times going nowhere.
Bellamy said last night that his team needed a big defensive effort.
Watching JMK out there for example missing stand up tackles leading to offloads was painful.
We dont move forward as a line of defense, we are deer in the headlights watching teams through the ball around.
Why dont we push up and destroy them? I thought defense wins games.
As I said I dont know much so perhaps ive got no clue but you watch someone like the storm, they play as a cohesive unit.
I can"t remember ever seeing one of our players using their shoulders in a tackle. We are all shirt grabbers.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
burton , jac , tpj and other new recruits coming over should also be a sign of confidence in TBaz .
For the doubters in his coaching abilities , I keep saying it most , in our team would be lucky to sit on the bench in a res grade park footy game .
Based on this seasons roster we lose just about the same games with whoever coach the kennel wants to replace him with ..
From the start we knew the feeling it was going to be only a prep year mentality for Trent and that’s how it should be , or should he show all the tricks and moves this year with a team zero chance of winning anything but a spoon
Go baz show the chairs how it’s done when you get your full team constructed from next ur and beyond

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a shocking thread.
So dumb ay sleepy? Worst thread.
Sack Barrett effective immediately...LOL
Some people have no idea how clubs are run and the implications of knee jerk reactions.
Let the system takes it's course, we have some heavy hitters inside the club now(e.g Gould) who have more footy knowledge than all of us put together on how clubs are run. Just a reminder that people like Raelene Castle are not running the show anymore.
If the coach isn't right for the club action will be taken in due time.

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people have no idea how clubs are run and the implications of need jerk reactions.
Let the system takes it's course, we have some heavy hitters inside the club now(e.g Gould) who have more footy knowledge than all of us put together on how clubs are run. Just a reminder that people like Raelene Castle are not running the show anymore.
The OP is also a staunch covid denier, and believes Lachlan Lewis would excel at lock forward. Not the brightest light in the harbour

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The OP is also a staunch covid denier, and believes Lachlan Lewis would excel at lock forward. Not the brightest light in the harbour
Ok, so now we are trying to discredit the person who created the post? Come on guys, stay classy…

Remember, people are entitled to have opinions on these things…

Remember the facts about the coach this year:

- Poor coaching record - win loss ratio prior to signing and whilst at the club - a dreadful record
- Poor decision making and selections (and signings/resignings) - some dreadful decisions

Whether you think he needs more time or not, these are the facts.

We’re dead last, the spoon is ours. Facts.

I wonder how many coaches who have moved to a new club, like Barrett has, and started so ordinarily, and dramatically turned the corner…

Any examples?

It’s looking pretty bleak. I would say this is simply stating some facts.

Sorry to the Barrett apologists out there who are happy to collect spoons and put it down to rebuilding.

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some people have no idea how clubs are run and the implications of knee jerk reactions.
Yet you’re one of the most prolific posters in here…it seems…

You said the other day he should be moved on but not yet…so which is it?

So maybe let’s rename the thread -

“Sack Barrett soon, but not yet (let’s give him more time to F things up and make excuses) thread” ….would that work for you??

“Let the “system” take it’s course” …where have we heard that before?

We can agree, yes, Gould signing is good.

But we are talking about Barrett.

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"Hello, I'm Mister Ed"
A horse is a horse of course of course
And no one can talk to a horse of course.
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mister Ed!
Go right to the source and ask the horse.
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed!
People yakkity-yak a streak
And waste your time of day,
but Mister Ed will never speak
Unless he has something to say!
A horse is a horse of course of course
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You've never heard of a talking horse?
Well, listen to this...
"I am Mister Ed!"
You’re questioning the intelligence of others yet this is your contribution to robust discussion of football matters.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’re questioning the intelligence of others yet this is your contribution to robust discussion of football matters.
I don’t think he really knows where he stands…

He is in here saying he wants Barrett moved on, but not yet…

But at the same time saying the thread is a joke …

Be careful, he might snap at you

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so now we are trying to discredit the person who created the post? Come on guys, stay classy…

- Poor coaching record - win loss ratio prior to signing and whilst at the club - a dreadful record
- Poor decision making and selections (and signings/resignings) - some dreadful decisions

I wonder how many coaches who have moved to a new club, like Barrett has, and started so ordinarily, and dramatically turned the corner…

Any examples?

Sorry to the Barrett apologists out there who are happy to collect spoons and put it down to rebuilding.
Closest example would probably be Brown at the Knights. They ran last the year before he joined them and then ran last in 2016 and 2017.

In 2018 they were mid table but had improved a fair bit before Pearce got injured. In 2019 they only improved slightly and thats why he got punted.

But from when he joined in 2016 to when he left in 2019 there was a pretty decent turnaround. Significant to note though that the turnaround didnt start until they got Pearce. And basically they are still shit when Pearce doesnt play

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Any examples?

Point is if he thinks Lewis should be playing lock, none of his other opinions matter.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Closest example would probably be Brown at the Knights. They ran last the year before he joined them and then ran last in 2016 and 2017.

In 2018 they were mid table but had improved a fair bit before Pearce got injured. In 2019 they only improved slightly and thats why he got punted.

But from when he joined in 2016 to when he left in 2019 there was a pretty decent turnaround. Significant to note though that the turnaround didnt start until they got Pearce. And basically they are still shit when Pearce doesnt play
Agreed, probably the closest example.

I think all you’ve said though is debatable. Brown ended up with a pretty solid roster and still battled. Is this what we’re after?

Gould will help.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I think all you’ve said though is debatable. Brown ended up with a pretty solid roster and still battled. Is this what we’re after?

Gould will help.
It’s become Brown’s modus operandi though. He assembles a good squad and then is moved on so a better coach can use them properly. Debatable whether that’s where the Knights are at now, but it certainly happened before Bennett took over Dragons before their 2010 premiership.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think he really knows where he stands…

He is in here saying he wants Barrett moved on, but not yet…

But at the same time saying the thread is a joke …

Be careful, he might snap at you
If I said I have no confidence in Barrett, it doesn't mean I want him moved on. Don't put words in my mouth.
I have said many times in this thread I'm willing or want to wait to give him half of next year to see how he goes with the squad he's trying to build.
He could surprise us all. I think coaches/players etc should be given enough time to prove their worth. Coaches also develop and get better with time, it's called gaining experience.
Up until now he's been disappointing I must admit, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt with a better playing group.
If he is still failing with a better playing group then by all means he should be paid out and dismissed.

To answer your question, Yes I know where I stand, No I don't agree he should be sacked effective immediately as the title of the thread reads, and Yes this thread is a joke.

May I suggest if you can't interpret peoples posts, then go to TAFE and enrol in English comprehension 101, you might pick up a few things if you're lucky and take Mr Ed with you, he'll give you a few tips on bodybuilding while you're at it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gould will help.
Obviously we want more but in 2016 I think they won 1 game and drew 1.

In 2019 they just missed the 8. Thats a pretty big improvement

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If I said I have no confidence in Barrett, it doesn't mean I want him moved on. Don't put words in my mouth.
I have said many times in this thread I'm willing or want to wait to give him half of next year to see how he goes with the squad he's trying to build.
He could surprise us all. I think coaches/players etc should be given enough time to prove their worth. Coaches also develop and get better with time, it's called gaining experience.
Up until now he's been disappointing I must admit, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt with a better playing group.
If he is still failing with a better playing group then by all means he should be paid out and dismissed.

To answer your question, Yes I know where I stand, No I don't agree he should be sacked effective immediately as the title of the thread reads, and Yes this thread is a joke.

May I suggest if you can't interpret peoples posts, then go to TAFE and enrol in English comprehension 101, you might pick up a few things if you're lucky and take Mr Ed with you, he'll give you a few tips on bodybuilding while you're at it.

You’re hilarious…And all over the place.

Yeh it’s a nice “foot in both camps” you have there…I’m not a fan, but give him more time [emoji23]

So now you like to try put people down because their opinion is different to your’s? Keep it classy, champ!

No TAFE required for me, been there, done that and more.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re hilarious…And all over the place.

Yeh it’s a nice “foot in both camps” you have there…I’m not a fan, but give him more time [emoji23]

So now you like to try put people down because their opinion is different to your’s? Keep it classy, champ!

No TAFE required for me, been there, done that and more.
Nah, your comprehension is trash. Bark up another tree matey