Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree.

Gus' ego won't let baz stay at the club.
When it's all said and done, in the wash up it's all under Gus' tenure so all results are on him under his stewardship in charge.

You'd have to believe he will need to do more to intervene in some capacity.

Naden better have his best ever game otherwise wow how silly will Barrett look :(

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And Robbo failed 2 weeks running. But when Ryles & King coached them they seemed way better.

OK so the thing is coaches can lose the mojo in the coach....dunno if that's with the Berries but I wonder if in their skull somewhere is shit this bloke has like a record of 10% wins.
Just guessing because looking at your boys last night there is a shit ton of potential....(gonna leave the ref out) some great carries by PJnr, Flanno is getting better, JAC is the goods and Burton needs better direction.

As a visitor here, I'm not about bagging out the Dogs but by end of May or Mid June if the win rate isn't picking up.....well the coach should be for the chop man. The thing is the club needs to have spoke to somebody else and have them lined up if they make the call to toss TB.

BTW great to see Parra smack the Riff last night.....all's possible.
I've always been adamant Robbo is a overrated coach... Nowhere near the level of Bellamy and other historic coaches.
The man has only ever produces results when his team is stacked. Wouldn't get us in the top 8 either imo. All his premierships have been purchased with SBW, Maloney, Jennings, O'Donnell. Then Keary, Cronk and Tedesco.
I'd love to see how uncle nick would treat him if they missed the 8 lol

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When it's all said and done, in the wash up it's all under Gus' tenure so all results are on him under his stewardship in charge.

Naden better have his best ever game otherwise wow how silly will Barrett look :(
We have
Okunbor
Allen (injured)
Burns (injured)
Not much we can do really until round 11

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have
Okunbor
Allen (injured)
Burns (injured)
Not much we can do really until round 11
I guess so but on the other hand its a bad look just picking the same team especially Naden. Never hurt any player to drop back to reserves and re-assess their form and desire to be part of the first grade team.

Barrett looks weak in this decision. I'd rather see BBO on the wing if that's absolutely necessary to send a message to these guys.

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has not made changes. He does not experiment. We are coming last. What do we have to lose?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Barrett doesn’t get it. You are right, and also Dufty - better start playing better otherwise the coach is going to look real stupid to pick him as well. His form is terrible.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe Gus is thinking of sacking himself..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you be prepared to cop a decent loss tonight if it meant Barrett was sacked next week ?

I hate the idea of wanting our side to lose ever but Barrett simply has got nothing so it seems it might be a case of short term pain for long term gain.

Of course if we win tonight and that turns around our season and we start performing decent from now moving forward I'd be all for that but can you even imagine that happening in your wildest dreams under Barrett seriously ?

Last edited:

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
gus already said baz will be coach long term so I doubt he'll be sacked at any point this season

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally understand where you're coming from but I just can't see us improving at all under Barrett. He's changed nothing since last year. Seems he's not smart enough to learn from his mistakes. I think him needing to move on is inevitable and the sooner we do it the better. If we keep winning the odd game here and there the decision will just keep dragging on while we lose more games than we win

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously, if he didn't get the boot after last week and his general record up until this point then I doubt they will at all. They're fast asleep at the wheel. Lot's of speeches and no action, staff and team.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never. I want the team to play with passion and all players to put in a 100% effort and win.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise no coach of Canterbury even not renewed have ever been sack right.

Only chance for Barrett to would be for him to walk away