TripleM Saab asks for release from Dragons?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been shit this season and made no impact in any of the games he's played. Ravalawa looks like Tuquiri compared to Saab so it's not just because Saab plays for an ordinary team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May not be right for us, but if we have any hope of signing better players we need to be pro active and not wait until someones else signs them and have a whinge about it. He is a kid in his debut year at a shit club and his reggies highlights show he is good on the end of kicks and has height and pace?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
May not be right for us, but if we have any hope of signing better players we need to be pro active and not wait until someones else signs them and have a whinge about it. He is a kid in his debut year at a shit club and his reggies highlights show he is good on the end of kicks and has height and pace?
Is he a footy player? We have tall players with pace already, and not a whole not of proof that they are fair dinkum footy players. Meaney has been showing a bit more lately, but Reimus and OK are athletes, not footy players. Would rather a Hazem or Sam Perrett or Corey Thompson, blokes who know what to do on a footy field, get over the try line consistently, and make the other team work.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he a footy player? We have tall players with pace already, and not a whole not of proof that they are fair dinkum footy players. Meaney has been showing a bit more lately, but Reimus and OK are athletes, not footy players. Would rather a Hazem or Sam Perrett or Corey Thompson, blokes who know what to do on a footy field, get over the try line consistently, and make the other team work.
Maybe not but is available which is why I posed the question. Plus I think we are better trying to pick up young talent for cheap money for a winger and only throw the big coin at spine players or the right prop.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Saab has bad defensive reads. Shoots out of the line to much.
I’d take ronaldo mulitalo he’s a gun

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe not but is available which is why I posed the question. Plus I think we are better trying to pick up young talent for cheap money for a winger and only throw the big coin at spine players or the right prop.
I agree, we need a leading #9 and at least 1 more decent half. Another decent prop wouldn't go astray either. With Cotric coming in, Hoppa to come back, Meaney starting to show something at FB, we aren't too bad in the backs. We know DWZ and Reimus are capable of a lot better, and who knows if your mate Baz can get something more out of them and guys like OK. And of course Avo is showing some good stuff at centre and might yet push Meaney from fullback to wing anyway.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, we need a leading #9 and at least 1 more decent half. Another decent prop wouldn't go astray either. With Cotric coming in, Hoppa to come back, Meaney starting to show something at FB, we aren't too bad in the backs. We know DWZ and Reimus are capable of a lot better, and who knows if your mate Baz can get something more out of them and guys like OK. And of course Avo is showing some good stuff at centre and might yet push Meaney from fullback to wing anyway.
"T"baz..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we want to strengthen our club i think we need to aim a little higher. Like moey said, Coates would be a much better target!! I get that you would be hoping to get Saab for a lot less, but Coates is a massive talent. Incredible under the highball, try scorer, and the fastest player at the broncos.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I've only watched him since mentioned on here and I think I said he's like a "Deer caught in the headlights". Very timid and needs some confidence, haven't been that impressed but admit he appears to have it in him. As above said, I would Coates instead.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jason Saab is set to be granted a release from his contract at the Dragons, freeing him up to join a new club in 2021.
August 3, 2020 — 11.35pm