Ryan Sutton Defence

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if we find another club for him we're paying at least half his wages for how many more years? I still think we'd be better off without him anyways. What an awful player.
His training habits would be worth it if he wasn't one of the cuck players that have been spoken about this week

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Gus can find him another club.
He said he is struggling to adapt to our defensive structures but I think the problem is he doesn't know how to tackle .
7 missed tackles today, says it all.
Yep he’s a liability

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is why was he picked. Is it a shop window thing. Hoping another club sees him and makes an offer?

This can be the only reason he is picked. He isn’t even at NSW Cup level.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought he could’ve been a Tolman like solid no frills

Give me Tolman on the 4th every day !
Yep me too.

I thought he was actually quite defensively strong at Canberra and when he came off the bench made an impact for them....that's what I thought we were getting

But he has been very underwhelming. I hope Gus can ship him off

Malla

Reaction score
Looked good cause the poor simpleton ***** on the dolphins have no ligaments left in their joints to move laterally. They just ran straight. He’s good when they run at him. Make him move left or right he’s stuck in cement

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Sutto put in a decent effort today.. for the missed tackles he also had some solid 1 man dominating ones.

If he is our worst forward i could live with that... If he leaves and we can purchase someone else then i could live with that too.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is why was he picked. Is it a shop window thing. Hoping another club sees him and makes an offer?

The more he plays the less chance anyone will take him, he gets worse every game. Leave him in reggies he might look half decent there and tigers or dragons pounce

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He said he is struggling to adapt to our defensive structures but I think the problem is he doesn't know how to tackle .
Agree with this. there was nothing 'structural' about his issues today. just good old fashioned missed tackles and arm grabs. Really disappointing from a bloke who was supposedly signed for his 'toughness'.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

We’ve been picking Okunbur all season long and you want to question why anyone is picked when they don’t deserve it hehe

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
According to Supercoach stats he only had 4 missed tackles. The same amount as TPJ & Burton. Mahoney had 5 & Kikau 3.

Grimaldi

Waterboy
Reaction score
According to Supercoach stats he only had 4 missed tackles. The same amount as TPJ & Burton. Mahoney had 5 & Kikau 3.
That's interesting. NRL.com match centre says that he missed 7, Mahoney missed 6 and Kikau missed 5

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's interesting. NRL.com match centre says that he missed 7, Mahoney missed 6 and Kikau missed 5
NRL stats have long been inconsistent from source to source.

Generally the contentious ones are the total tackles - as some can come in far too late to be an influence on the tackle, and still be credited with one. Some sources will give a green tick, others will draw a hard line and say "fuck off mate, you've just done a Hindmarsh".

For the life of me though, I do not know HOW you have disparities on missed tackles.

EDIT**

I just remembered. It was placed at Salter Oval - meaning the camera work is not the same as a big stadium (meaning less cameras, and less options to see). My guess is that he may of been credited some that weren't his due to lack of angles available. Given he and Mahoney both wore headgear in the middle - it could've easily been mixed between the two.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton needs to be marched down the Gould plank of shame pronto.