RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer had 2 full years to go and newcastle weren't reprimanded by NRL.
Yeah it bs mate. I think they are all doing it. Players like bj or tapine wouldnt ask for a release unless they already have a club to go to. But rule wise i dont think you can approach them.
Dont know the details with klemmer but most likely he was the one that forced the club to give permission to talk to other club.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True or not I don't know but I like how a lot of people say it's not true because Hooper broke the news.

I remeber when Hooper was talking about Klem to the Knights we all laughed it off as bullshit. Nek minute boom, Klems a Knight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dont think you can even approach them till nov
Roosters have done so with Kyle Flanagan... no way Sharks would have entertained the idea of him leaving. Good enough for them to break the rules when it suits them

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not bs but the club will deny it coz they tried to keep it in house
It was perceived that if it got out the chances of securing him would drop significantly
But it has rattled a few cages out Bondi way

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In your opinion and based off what you've heard, is Latrell being recruited as a fullback, 5/8th or centre?

I've said all along that's where he's destined and will excel and don't believe he'd join us to see the ball 10 times a game in the centres.
Centre
He isn’t a 5/8
If he shed kilos he could make he switch to fullback but atm he’s too heavy and lazy to play fb

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have a friend who knows Latrell’s parents and when they asked about the bulldogs offer, Latrell’s father said he cannot speak about it.

They are full on roosters fans and she believes the bulldogs have offered.
Oh ok, well if that's what they said then it would suggest there has been contact? I thought Latrell was a Dogs fan growing up?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn’t a bs rumour
I told a couple of close members via pm
The roosters either have to pay up to keep Mitchell or let him go

On the record I don’t agree with the figures being bandied about
No centre is works 1.1million dollars

Don’t care who u are
Unless he sheds 5 kilos and plays fb

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it bs mate. I think they are all doing it. Players like bj or tapine wouldnt ask for a release unless they already have a club to go to. But rule wise i dont think you can approach them.
Dont know the details with klemmer but most likely he was the one that forced the club to give permission to talk to other club.
If this is true I expect the NRL to make a huge case against the Dogs for bringing the game into disrepute by not respecting the sanctity of a NRL contract

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell is not worth that cash.

It takes a team to win the premiership, not a $1m centre.

Have a look back since the "modern era" of rugby league and enlighten me a premiership centre which was the highest paid at his club and the league?
1994 Mal Meninga aged 34 at the Raiders perhaps don't know about the League.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Centre
He isn’t a 5/8
If he shed kilos he could make he switch to fullback but atm he’s too heavy and lazy to play fb
Fullback is where he should be played to get the most out of him. No doubt he'd need to train there exclusively and lose the weight necessary to make the transition. GI made the switch with ease and I can see him doing likewise.

With Latrell at fullback he could impact the game and dominate way more consistently than he does currently in the centres.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this is true I expect the NRL to make a huge case against the Dogs for bringing the game into disrepute by not respecting the sanctity of a NRL contract
Oh for sure. The rules will only apply when it involves Uncle Nick being affected. He'll probably just control his hand puppets at the NRL and get what he wants as usual.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell is not worth that cash.

It takes a team to win the premiership, not a $1m centre.

Have a look back since the "modern era" of rugby league and enlighten me a premiership centre which was the highest paid at his club and the league?
Having seen wakeham I'm confident in his abilities and believe he will successfully make the step up to 1st grade. That's a junior halve for you. And if we get latrell, wakeham would want to stay.

Then add in Ogden and renouf who are potential as well at the moment.

Add in Harper too. And again with latrell signing he would want to stay

We have enough talented juniors in key position to manage the cap.

And then can spend to bring in other positions.

By the way last years origin, latrell made chambers his bitch and steamrolled chambers to score tries. You know the most important part of the game, scoring

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we made the offer according to those articles?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh for sure. The rules will only apply when it involves Uncle Nick being affected. He'll probably just control his hand puppets at the NRL and get what he wants as usual.
Apparently we are able to negotiate now for 2021 not 2020 but can't sign till November.

Hopefully Roosters will let him leave a year early if we have the money to sign him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This isn’t a bs rumour
I told a couple of close members via pm
The roosters either have to pay up to keep Mitchell or let him go

On the record I don’t agree with the figures being bandied about
No centre is works 1.1million dollars

Don’t care who u are
Unless he sheds 5 kilos and plays fb
He won't handle the move, bloke is a star because of his explosive power, move him into the spine and you take that explosive power away from him.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m gonna say this.... don’t think for a second latrell was dropped for form... let’s not forget for a second how close Fittler and politis are.... Mitchell was dropped cause he is considering leaving, read through the lines guys... Fittler himself said that it’s up to latrell if he wants to play origin again...

And roosters send him home as if he has mental issues, they making him out that he’s an emotional wreck, so now he looks undervalued and chasing the money... you will be hearing media try to influence latrell like;

“ he needs to stay at a club that will look after him”
“Latrell can’t lool at the money, the pressure of going to a rebuilding Canterbury will be too much for him”

“Latrell needs to think about the right people around him, and that’s the roosters”

This is confusing latrell and he’s worried about looking too greedy... truth is roosters have the worst football culture then anyone else, it’s just covered up there...

There all Coke heads, alcoholics... Latrell needs to escape that environment, manipulative club