Rule Changes and the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The refs didnt let one quick tap go tnyt. Wtf but the game was very very quick. I hope our fitness/strength and conditioning is up to speed this year.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
The refs didnt let one quick tap go tnyt.
I could be wrong, but I think I heard a commentator say that you cannot take a quick tap when the penalty is for being 'within the 10' - I'm going to check up on that rule just to be sure though

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they said no quick tap for regular offside penalty, when within 10m of the tryline or when they need to caution

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well when can u take a bloody quick tap then. The entire purpose is too gain an advantage over ur opposition whilst they are retreating hence the "quick tap". I can see this being another major area of inconsistency this year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well when can u take a bloody quick tap then. The entire purpose is too gain an advantage over ur opposition whilst they are retreating hence the "quick tap". I can see this being another major area of inconsistency this year
Another idiot rule change made by idiots.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perfect indication that muppets run the game. Absolute idiotic rule changers year after year. Very soon we will have a hybrid game that barely resembles the way the game was played from 1908-1998 and it is a shame because it was a great game. Best rule in the last 25 years was the 10 meter rule. Worst rule change, anything from the last 3 years.

You would barley ever see rule changes in soccer (I know it's comparing apples and bananas) but shows the stability of that sport, we seems to react at every little thing with rule changed (sometimes even mid season)

Poor Hopoate will be at risk of getting sent off or suspended if he hasn't caught up with the changes over the last 2 season (there will be lots to learn that's for sure)

Zero tackle from a dead kick in the in goal makes it almost feel like touch football (I understand the thinking but I still think that there was nothing wrong with the old rules)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree with this post ^.
what I hate most about the many changes in recent times is the abolishment of the shoulder charge.
However If we could perfect a loophole for the shoulder charge we'll be on a winner.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
kasiano will become a weakness if last nights game is anything to go by, game was fast, dummy halves running ran supreme, he needs to be match fit before he returns

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently at the coaches meeting with nrl des and toovey were going off at the nrl for keep changing the rules ,they said stop fixing something thats not broken

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with getting rid of some of the scrums.
Both sides tried to play urgent footy but you could tell they weren't match fit hence the mistakes, it will probably take a few weeks for the game to improve more.
Still good to see the footy back despite the rednecks.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So every time Ennis kicks the opposition gets 7 tackles??

Status
Not open for further replies.