Rugby League - the way forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
The history of our game and the history of each club is what has made the code what it is today..... unfortunately that means old hat....

if superleague didnt happen... the ARL would be almost gone.... dead and buried... what super league did.... like it or not.... is bring the game fast forward into the 21st centuryof sports broadcasting and sports revenue.... before superleague the average player held a full time job and got paid $50k to play footy if he was lucky.....

but the ARL did not learn anything from the superleague experience and have not moved forward at all since... the game has stagnated and the ESL and union are now hovering over our players like vultures.... they know they need the league playing elite athletes as they cant produce them themselves....private school toffee boys cant cut it, are too soft and they know it....

move aside now ARL, CRL, QRL, NSWRL and let one young, vibrant, enthusiastic united NRL body control the game befor eit is too late....

bring the game back to the people..... boutique grounds like belmore, leichardt and redfern.... max 25,000 attendance.... the best corporate facilities.... let the kids run on the ground after the games, kick a footy... mob the players...... its too cold... too clinical.... an example.... do you know how bad it looks when a team is running onto the field... the kids lean over the railings trying to high 5 their idols..... only to be ignored.... tell the players to run out with their hands in the air and return the thanks to the fans.... i mean seriuosly is it too much to ask... is it such a big ask... i think not....

its a tv game now.... dont fool yourself that you can fill anz stadium every week...

give yourselves an uppercut..... better still give yourselves the sack

to Todd Greenberg and the bulldogs board... get your bums back to belmore and build a supporter base that will fill the ground.... but to do that understand this..... before you can fill a ground you have to fill the team with people who want to play for the club, because of its culture, its history, what we stand for.... not for the amount of money they can get.....

'bulldogs back to the people' would be my slogan

M

mofo sixx

The history of our game and the history of each club is what has made the code what it is today..... unfortunately that means old hat....

if superleague didnt happen... the ARL would be almost gone.... dead and buried... what super league did.... like it or not.... is bring the game fast forward into the 21st centuryof sports broadcasting and sports revenue.... before superleague the average player held a full time job and got paid $50k to play footy if he was lucky.....

but the ARL did not learn anything from the superleague experience and have not moved forward at all since... the game has stagnated and the ESL and union are now hovering over our players like vultures.... they know they need the league playing elite athletes as they cant produce them themselves....private school toffee boys cant cut it, are too soft and they know it....

move aside now ARL, CRL, QRL, NSWRL and let one young, vibrant, enthusiastic united NRL body control the game befor eit is too late....

bring the game back to the people..... boutique grounds like belmore, leichardt and redfern.... max 25,000 attendance.... the best corporate facilities.... let the kids run on the ground after the games, kick a footy... mob the players...... its too cold... too clinical.... an example.... do you know how bad it looks when a team is running onto the field... the kids lean over the railings trying to high 5 their idols..... only to be ignored.... tell the players to run out with their hands in the air and return the thanks to the fans.... i mean seriuosly is it too much to ask... is it such a big ask... i think not....

its a tv game now.... dont fool yourself that you can fill anz stadium every week...

give yourselves an uppercut..... better still give yourselves the sack

to Todd Greenberg and the bulldogs board... get your bums back to belmore and build a supporter base that will fill the ground.... but to do that understand this..... before you can fill a ground you have to fill the team with people who want to play for the club, because of its culture, its history, what we stand for.... not for the amount of money they can get.....

'bulldogs back to the people' would be my slogan
curiosity how old are you?
i totally disagree , i think ARL was > NRL in most aspects do you remember Tina Turner thing? she was a major star back then, do you think the NRL would have the ability to attract say Justin Timberlake to devot a song to the NRL? not a chance!
I think what we are seeing today are the rippl affects from SL , SL was not good, it made a mess of our game

\DId you know the ARL is still paying back News LTD for the Superleague???

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The whole take the game to the people, sounds good

But it looks pathetic on screen, playing on crappy little venues with grass hills etc

For a professional sport to be taken seriously and generate the kind of revenue needed to compete with Union etc. They need to cut Sydney teams down, and begin generating bigger crowds in high profile venues

IMHO

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
State of the art facilities, multi million dollar sponsorship deals, international interest etc

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
curiosity how old are you?
i totally disagree , i think ARL was > NRL in most aspects do you remember Tina Turner thing? she was a major star back then, do you think the NRL would have the ability to attract say Justin Timberlake to devot a song to the NRL? not a chance!
I think what we are seeing today are the rippl affects from SL , SL was not good, it made a mess of our game

\DId you know the ARL is still paying back News LTD for the Superleague???
tina turner was a very good marketing format of the time... but I dont think she would fill anz week in week out then or now.....

btw how old do you think i am

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
The whole take the game to the people, sounds good

But it looks pathetic on screen, playing on crappy little venues with grass hills etc

For a professional sport to be taken seriously and generate the kind of revenue needed to compete with Union etc. They need to cut Sydney teams down, and begin generating bigger crowds in high profile venues

IMHO
if you cut teams you alienate legions of fans who will not go to another game.... it will take decades to rebuild extra fans for the teams who are left....

where are the bigger crowds going to come from..... its a tv game now i think we should accept it

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
if you cut teams you alienate legions of fans who will not go to another game.... it will take decades to rebuild extra fans for the teams who are left....

where are the bigger crowds going to come from..... its a tv game now i think we should accept it
"legions of fans" would apply to crowds of 50k 60k a game

Who are we gonna alienate in Sydney, the 10k average or the 2k internet forum members or maybe the 4000 members

Cutting Syndey teams is the ONLY way to improve, Queensland is a perfect example with 3 teams.

The game of legaue will win in the end, 1908 to 2008 totally different teams

The merged clubs all survived, cutting teams is not the end fo the world

Status
Not open for further replies.