Opinion Rugby League is Dead

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another brutally long, painful season for the dogs.
injuries have hurt us
Bog average referees
Rookie coach
Lazy defence
Over paid centres playing out of position. With more to come.
Consistent brain farts from multiple players

the list goes on…

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The games dead for a variety of reasons you don’t see upsets no more no shock results the rule changes favour the teams with more talent the six again just makes it hard for teams to turn momentum and this hip drop tackle has been around since day dot it’s a head scratcher really

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The games dead for a variety of reasons you don’t see upsets no more no shock results the rule changes favour the teams with more talent the six again just makes it hard for teams to turn momentum and this hip drop tackle has been around since day dot it’s a head scratcher really
It needs to go bankrupt and start new again

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
If your going to have a salary cap there cannot be 3rd party deals, it is so open to rorting. The only discounts should be for long service or local juniors. Keeps it simple and promotes junior development.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Agree, when you got teams like the raiders which have been shit all year with the chance before todays to be top 4 is evident of the quality of teams and the comp in general. Last years grand finalists can’t even compete. It’s far and few in between from Penrith and Bronx. Name me another team with the chance to compete with the riff and Bronx. There was absolutely no room for expansion for a 17th team. There’s clearly not enough talent.
Not sure its talent. Why is rugby so shit - too many complicated rules. And the NRL keep adding interpretations every 2nd week.

As u saw today. U can get slept for 10 for putting a hand on a player. A touch. And with the way these interpretations are and change, 10 mins costs you the game. And as a player when this happens over and over, why bust your nut?

And next thing we have 50 pt games left right and centre. Which further splits the haves and have nots.

Simplify the rules, fckng enforce those simplified rules and we have a better product. Look at the Tigs - they'd be close to a top 8 team if they got those decisions that week after week the NRL apologises for. And they're shit.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes. It’s great as a fan if ur club isnt totally incompetent in all area
That is the reality, hardly any one on this forum would care about reffing, bunker, etc if we were successful like the Storm are

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
Just another brutally long, painful season for the dogs.
injuries have hurt us
Bog average referees
Rookie coach
Lazy defence
Over paid centres playing out of position. With more to come.
Consistent brain farts from multiple players

the list goes on…
Fuck we are shit the coach has no idea and the players dont give a shit they are on big $$$$$
Why would they

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm over this code. The fabric of the this once gladiator sport has well and truly been ripped to shreds. Thanks PVL.
For years I've been saying, if teams aren't scoring tries everything else is terribly dull...
The intensity and intelligence are dead and buried, it's all about speed and speed and more speed.
It's worse for us Bulldogs supporters :(

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every fav has won this weekend and a lot of the games have been blow outs.
Favs win at least 6-7 games a week.
It has become so predictable, so boring.
NRL fucked it big time.Have taken defence out of games.the worst rule ever has been the six again.who wants to watch teams get flogged.look at the blow out scores this weekend.dogs,parra,Canberra,I hardly watch a game any more.too many inconsistencies in refereeing.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went from watching 8 games religiously for 40yrs to not even watching any games.

Between the lack of quality fg players, to the shit refereeing, blowouts, bunker the 6 again rules, game has gone to shit
Same mate … it was the “F*** You” working class mans game ..… a tough game us workers could get out there on the weekend and play, it could get brutal, some broken noses and bones, but we loved it …

Then the executives started noticing the crowds watching …. they saw an opportunity and started charging money .. the money got bigger ..

TV picked it up … the white collar prick executives saw more dollars and every year they’ve sucked the teat harder until it is what it is today …

As the prick executives like Greenturd now say .. it’s no longer a sport … it’s now a billion dollar entertainment and betting business ..

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ava is such a dumb ****. When Harrison was sin binned, Saifiti ran into and embedded himself into our line. He then put his arms out to shield Ava away from the ball. You see it on the replay, Ava just shrugs as if nothings doing. GO OFF YOUR HEAD. MAKE THE VIDEO REF HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE WHOLE SEQUENCE.

Further, Gus is a fuckwit. On 100% footy or whatever it's called, he went off, rightly (even though we hate Parra) on Annesley deciding to reinterpret Gutho as a strip.

But he treats it as entertainment. So now we have this fucked up interpretation that bites us. If he had made it a real fucking crusade, he is justified in going full barrel tomorrow or whenever
As he should do rightly.

I'm so over the NRL. I watched St George and tigers get dudded by decisions that 100% clouded by their positions on the ladder. It's so unfair.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AFL was more entertaining this weekend to be brutally honest