Rugby league guru speaks on Matt Burton (Podcast)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Let’s put the bloke that doesn’t communicate at fullback.
I don't see him as someone that will put his body on the line and chase to the last mm. Strikes me as one that would give up and drop his head

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton thinks the earth is flat..... fuck him off to Souffs with the other Neanderthals.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We may get 7 players out of the crop or 1. People here think we will be flooded with a dynasty like Panthers, doesn't always happen. I don't trust CC to be able to manage them anyway
Yeh bro plus who all these kids learning off? Khaled Rajab??

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We missed the ball with Burton at this point it might be safer to cut our losses.

He did show potential at one point and even had a nice combo forming with Addo Carr. I do think he'll thrive substantially more at a half decent club, he's not a leader and won't be able to lead us out of this rut. Those traits take time and an example to develop and we have none of those at our club

Gus and CC need to stop thinking they're able to turn potential stars and fringe first graders into superstars. The reason we were able to do this in the past was because we had actual superstars that those players could learn from.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We missed the ball with Burton at this point it might be safer to cut our losses.

He did show potential at one point and even had a nice combo forming with Addo Carr. I do think he'll thrive substantially more at a half decent club, he's not a leader and won't be able to lead us out of this rut. Those traits take time and an example to develop and we have none of those at our club

Gus and CC need to stop thinking they're able to turn potential stars and fringe first graders into superstars. The reason we were able to do this in the past was because we had actual superstars that those players could learn from.

In his interview, Ciro is still impressed with Burton's contribution.

If Critta goes backwards, it will be terrible.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me
My frustrations lay at the realisation that he has no mongrel, he seems like a nice bloke but he is so chill, even when we need him to kick us goals he will shank some of the easiest .. you also won’t see him laying down the law and yelling where he wants people. It’s also so stale seeing him get it on the left hand side and bombing it.. the other teams home work doesn’t need much study cause they know that’s the kick that’s coming

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In his interview, Ciro is still impressed with Burton's contribution.

If Critta goes backwards, it will be terrible.
CC is either watching a completely different game to us or he's gone completely mental. Burton's downfall is also in part due to our coaching.

I can't imagine him being this bad even at 5/8 if he stayed at the Panthers or he went to a team like the Storm.