Royal commission on catholic sex abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its interesting the words that George Pell used to defend himself against this commission that they are talking about, when he says that the situation is exaggerated and that the church is not the only ones doing it

its like if a man is charged with 50 rapes says that is an exaggeration and he only raped 2 women or he says that he knew a friend who also raped, even if those things are true it still means guilty

i hope we can get all facts in this case tbh and i hope it brings down every priest who thought they were powerful enough to do anything they wanted

but to all the good priests out there, continue the good work

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch the big influx of passport renewals and trips to countries where we don't have extradition agreements with....

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying others are doing it too doesn't make what u did any better

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its about time they look into the going ons on some things in all church , religious groups

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
its interesting the words that George Pell used to defend himself against this commission that they are talking about, when he says that the situation is exaggerated and that the church is not the only ones doing it

its like if a man is charged with 50 rapes says that is an exaggeration and he only raped 2 women or he says that he knew a friend who also raped, even if those things are true it still means guilty

i hope we can get all facts in this case tbh and i hope it brings down every priest who thought they were powerful enough to do anything they wanted

but to all the good priests out there, continue the good work
Ofcourse not, but it would be ignorant to think the Catholics are the only ones.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Ofcourse not, but it would be ignorant to think the Catholics are the only ones.
but the religious organisations probably is the best example of being above the law and handling it in house, so they totally deserve their reputation

if a school teacher gets caught molesting children and then the department of education tells him to do 20 hail marys and then moves him to another school or fires him quietly then please bring on the royal commission on the education system

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was any other organisation they would be shut down and banned.

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rodzilla, once again you have missed the point. It is not a royal commission on child abuse in the Catholic Church, it is a comission into all child abuse in all insitutions.

You all mock the tele but rod is the kennels version of Paul Kent.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL imagine if it was islam, hahaha front to back newspaper articals.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I hope the commission is about all institutions the focus should be the damage of molestation not a reason to hate on a religion

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rodzilla, once again you have missed the point. It is not a royal commission on child abuse in the Catholic Church, it is a comission into all child abuse in all insitutions.

You all mock the tele but rod is the kennels version of Paul Kent.
actually once again Rodzilla gets to the truth of the matter, although it doesnt take a genius like me to figure out that the catholic church is pretty much the sole reason that the commission has been set up

including the other parties is only done to show that it isnt a specific witchhunt

btw taking a look at the list on wikipedia and assuming that its all accurate then the catholic church has a bigger problem than even i imagined ffs

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was surprised when I heard this morning the Royal Commission has been going for 4 years, but this thread proves that!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Saying others are doing it too doesn't make what u did any better
Old thread I know but I had to put this point in....

It's like Mbye saying "Sure I played shit, but so did the rest of the team"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Old thread I know but I had to put this point in....

It's like Mbye saying "Sure I played shit, but so did the rest of the team"
Trump used this defence only yesterday to say that Putin's regime was ok because Americans also murdered people. ok then.

The numbers coming out yesterday are shocking but not really surprising. It's just so frustrating the continual attitude of those in power.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotlight_(film)

Anyone seen Spotlight?

Quite a good movie.
I saw it at the cinemas and thought it was brilliant, and mentioned it in the film thread (I think).

But then got shouted down by the usual suspects because it was a Hollywood movie and therefore bullshit, and of course I was anti-catholic. Whilst with any movie, it uses some creativity with character, the facts are still there for all to see:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/sp...t-for-years/cSHfGkTIrAT25qKGvBuDNM/story.html

The film closes with a list on the screen of all of the dioceses where the abuse was going on, and where investigations were taking place, including the main focus in Australia at the time: Ballarat.

I just don't understand how someone can claim to be some sort of representative of God and then cover up something so awful. Is branding and power THAT important? Do these priests all go to hell? My beef is in no way with individual Catholics, but the system itself. Parents trusted the system to look after their kids at school, and were failed miserably.

I'm not going to get too ranty, the figures are there for all to see:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-...o-child-sexual-abuse-begins-in-sydney/8242600

Don't like the ABC because its pinky commie PC trash?, well, ok, here is one from Murdoch:

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...h/news-story/ecad82ee357626c3b5c0474b58c0307d

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Read something this morning that alleged that 7% of Catholic priests in Australia were engaged in child sex offences.

In 2009 the Catholic church had 3085 Catholic priests... which is a startling 216 priests, and how many more that knew and covered up.

All involved are no better than an Islamic mufti who marrys off an underage kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.