Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Game Day Guide: Round 9 v Tigers
Author Caitlin Glanville Media & Communications Manager
Timestamp Wed 1 May 2024, 12:15 PM

Round 9 of the NRL Telstra Premiership will take place on Saturday 4th May at Accor Stadium!
The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs will take on the Western Suburbs Magpies in NSW Cup, and Wests Tigers in NRL as they gun for their fourth-straight win at home this season. With both the Bulldogs and Tigers vastly improving in 2024, the match is sure to be a thrilling local derby.

Be at Accor Stadium from 12:40pm and don't miss this weekend's battle of the bite!

Match: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers
ROUND 9 - SATURDAY 4TH MAY
3:00pm
Home Team Bulldogs 8thPosition
Away Team Wests Tigers 15thPosition

GAME DETAILS
2024 NRL Telstra Premiership, Round 9
Saturday 4 May 2024
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW
Box Office Opens: 12:15pm
Gates Open: 12:30pm
NSW Cup Bulldogs v Magpies Kick Off: 12:40pm
NRL Cup Bulldogs v Tigers Kick Off: 3:00pm
Share your game day experience with the hashtag #proudtobeabulldog

TICKETS
Tickets are on sale through Ticketek now!
Starting from just $30* for an adult ticket. For this family-friendly match time with kick-off at 3:00pm, the Bulldogs are extremely pleased to extend a 'kids go free' offer to all children aged 17 years and under, when purchased alongside an adult ticket. To redeem this offer, click here: KIDS GO FREE
Family tickets have also been reduced via the link above to take this offer into account.
FOR ALL TICKETS: don’t get stuck in the queue, pre-purchase your tickets online.
If you have selected mobile tickets, please ensure you download your ticket before you arrive. You must share your tickets with the group or party coming with you before you arrive. Mobile ticket sharing FAQs.
*Excluding Booking Fees

WHAT’S ON?
YOUNG ACADEMICS FAMILY FUN ZONE
For our Round 9 event, the Young Academics Family Fun Zone will be located outside gates K/L.
Bring the kids along to the Young Academics Family Fun Zone* from 12:30pm! The zone will be full of heaps of fun and FREE activities for the family to enjoy:

• Blue Fairy Floss
  • Face painting
  • Jumping castle
  • Mechanical football
  • Ninja wipeout challenge
  • Footy Passing Target
  • Giant Monopoly Board

*Please note that the Young Academics Family Fun Zone is weather-dependent.
CLUB 18 MEMBERS LOUNGE
The Club 18 Member’s Bar has moved for the 2024 season. For Round 9, it will operate in the Level 2 Centreline Bar & Lounge from 12.30pm - 5.30pm.

• Access via the escalators on Level 1, adjacent to Aisle 130.
  • Members are required to display their Membership card for access.
  • Members will have the option to purchase from premium bar and food outlet options.
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are excited to advise that further updates for our Club 18 Members Bar are to come. Coinciding with the ongoing upgrades to the Northern and Southern Terrace at Accor Stadium, the award-winning Lebanese restaurant Al Aseel is planned to open for the very first time at our Round 12 event against the Dragons on Thursday May 23.
More information will be communicated to Members in the coming weeks regarding exclusive access to this revolutionary space.
Aligning with these changes, we are committed to working with the Venue in offering a Premium Game Day experience for all of our Members and Fans as discussions for a long-term plan are currently taking place.
In the meantime, Bulldogs Members will continue to have exclusive access to premium food, boutique beers & wine outlets and bathrooms, including for this Round 9 home match clash with the Tigers, via the Centreline Bar & Lounge on Level 2.
If you have any questions regarding access to Club 18, please contact the Membership Services Team via email at members@bulldogs.com.au or directly on 1300 769 164 on Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm.

SAPPHIRES
Sapphires, Bella and Brutus will be roaming the Concourse for photo opportunities. Come down and get your photo taken!
Get down to Accor Stadium and enjoy the live, on-field halftime performance with the Sapphires - the Club's official cheer squad.
The Sapphires along with official mascots Bella & Brutus, will be available for photos during the afternoon.

MEMBER ACCESS
Reserve Seat Members: Scan their Member Card to access the event and sit in their allocated seat.
General Admission Members: Scan their Member Card to access the event and sit in the Kennel or Blue Zone.
Non-Ticketed Members: Are required to purchase a ticket for access. All Members are entitled to a 20% discount by using their Member ID as the password.

ADF/DVA Members: As the Bulldogs had a bye round during the NRL's ANZAC Round, the Club is instead offering complimentary entry to the Round 9 home match at Accor Stadium to current ADF personnel and DVA card holders as a show of gratitude to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Members.
Each serving member/cardholder is entitled to redeem 2 complimentary tickets to the match. For ticket redemption, please contact the Bulldogs' office on 1300 769 164 during business hours (Monday - Friday) so that your request can be verified or alternatively, please email our Membership team at members@bulldogs.com.au.

QUESTIONS ON GAME DAY
If you have any enquiries on Game Day, you can get help from a Bulldogs representative at the Box Offices located at Gate A/B & J/K.

MERCHANDISE
Shop the range of Bulldogs 2024 merchandise at the Merchandise Outlets located adjacent to Aisle 127 on the West or 104 on the East.
The Bulldog Belmore on Burwood Road will also be open for business from 10:00AM – 3:00PM on Game Day.
Bulldogs Monopoly Boards will be available for purchase.
Don’t forget, Members enjoy 15% off! Simply show your 2024 Membership card to the staff.

TRAFFIC & TRANSPORT
You can plan your trip and arrive early using the Transport for NSW Trip Planner here.
All ticketed Memberships and game day tickets include travel to and from Accor Stadium on Sydney Trains. Patrons are required to show their Membership card, ticket or proof of purchase to Sydney Trains employee at the station.
The closest station to Accor Stadium is Olympic Park.
Trains run regularly to Lidcombe where you can head to Platform Zero for a direct train to Olympic Park, running every 10 minutes until late.

• LEAGUE CLUB BUSES:
    A complimentary bus service will be running from Canterbury League Club (26 Bridge Rd, Belmore) ONLY.
  • The bus will depart Canterbury League Club at 2:00PM and arrive at Accor Stadium at approximately 2:30PM.
  • Following the game, the buses will depart the stadium once they have reached their passenger limit or approximately 30 minutes after the full-time siren.
The following SYDNEY BUS services run to Olympic Park:
  • Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Strathfield via Sydney Olympic Park.
  • Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
  • Route 533 runs from Sydney Olympic Park to Chatswood via Rhodes & North Ryde.

Traffic may be heavier than usual on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park including the M4, Parramatta Road, Homebush Bay Drive, Silverwater Road and Concord Road as fans travel to and from the event.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events.

SAFETY & SECURITY
Entering the field of play at any point of the event is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted by NSW Police with lifetime bans to NRL Events and monetary fines of up to $5500 to be enforced. This is to ensure the safety of all patrons, working staff and players.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To view the general conditions of entry for Accor Stadium, please click here.
To ensure a smooth entry, please leave large bags at home.

WEATHER
Min: 13            Max: 20
Showers.
Wet weather options will be available to purchase at the Merchandise stall. 

NSW Cup Bulldogs v Magpies 12:40pm

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You do realise when you replace someone due to injury it’s not perfect. It’s shit someone gets injured and for us it’s generally first half we get fucked in the arse every game. Having someone like Taffe on the bench who can allow us to cover 1-7 is probably the best we can do for a bad situation. I don’t believe there is a better option in the club to cover that many positions in the backline Prove me wrong !
He doesn't cover 1-7, he covers the halves and fullback. Fullback is arguably the second most important position in today's game and shifting them away from their after one injury and disrupting the spine is idiotic and no other coach does it. Even with Taaffe there I doubt we make that change anyway.

Taaffe is there because Ciraldo won't drop Hutcho yet still wants Taaffe in the side. Taaffe was bought primarily as a half, I know this as a fact and I'm sure more reliable posters could confirm. If you want a player that offers genuine cover as a utility then you look at someone like Papalii who literally has experience playing across the entire backline and halves. And if you purely want cover for the backs then you just carry a back on the bench which is probably something we could do considering how Ciraldo rotates the bench.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the focus should be more on how CC uses Taffe without having to account for a game-ending injury. Throwing him on for last 10 minutes is just BS in my view. If he is chosen on the bench, then get him on the field for more than just 10 minutes at the end.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He doesn't cover 1-7, he covers the halves and fullback. Fullback is arguably the second most important position in today's game and shifting them away from their after one injury and disrupting the spine is idiotic and no other coach does it. Even with Taaffe there I doubt we make that change anyway.

Taaffe is there because Ciraldo won't drop Hutcho yet still wants Taaffe in the side. Taaffe was bought primarily as a half, I know this as a fact and I'm sure more reliable posters could confirm. If you want a player that offers genuine cover as a utility then you look at someone like Papalii who literally has experience playing across the entire backline and halves. And if you purely want cover for the backs then you just carry a back on the bench which is probably something we could do considering how Ciraldo rotates the bench.
How do you know CC would push Tracey to the wing instead of Taffe? Has it even happened? Everyone just assumes because they know better but until their is actual evidence that CC will do this I’m not sure why people get their knickers in a knot.
Carrying Taffe makes sense as he’s the second best FB in the club at this stage. If Tracey gets hurt wouldn’t you want Taffe there instead of Critta?

In this era of HIA NrL carrying a back cover On the bench makes sense

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the focus should be more on how CC uses Taffe without having to account for a game-ending injury. Throwing him on for last 10 minutes is just BS in my view. If he is chosen on the bench, then get him on the field for more than just 10 minutes at the end.
To be fair Ciraldo said in the presser after the game that he tried to get Taafe on earlier but some guys were starting to cramp so he held off putting him on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How do you know CC would push Tracey to the wing instead of Taffe? Has it even happened? Everyone just assumes because they know better but until their is actual evidence that CC will do this I’m not sure why people get their knickers in a knot.
Carrying Taffe makes sense as he’s the second best FB in the club at this stage. If Tracey gets hurt wouldn’t you want Taffe there instead of Critta?

In this era of HIA NrL carrying a back cover On the bench makes sense
I literally said I doubt Ciraldo makes that change which is why I said he doesn't cover 1-7. You're the one arguing that.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan of Taffee on the bench but I also hate Salmon covering in the backline if someone goes down.

Taffee Kiraz Tracey Xerri Fox mid game shuffle is better than Tracey Kiraz Salmon Xerri Fox for example

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't like Taffe on the bench, put him at 7 in NSW Cup and assess his current ability as a half back. I would even try Papali'i at fullback if Tracey is Injured after round 11, before returning to Taffe. See what Taffe can do as a starting 7 and if injury strikes see what Papali'i can do in the NRL.
If Preston returns the starting pack should be
King
Mahoney
Hughes
Kikau
Preston
Mann
Reserves
Salmon
Morrin
Curran
Faamasuali
Mann is still the first utility but he is better than Salmon at lock and Morrin is more of an impact player to come off the bench.
I will admit I don't like Salmon in the middle and see him more as cover for Kikau and Preston.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was wondering is xerri playing on the left edge, cause the post above is saying that they are going head to head, but Dosent olam play left edge too, and on the team lists xerri is at 3 not 4, and fox is at 5, can someone confirm please

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was wondering is xerri playing on the left edge, cause the post above is saying that they are going head to head, but Dosent olam play left edge too, and on the team lists xerri is at 3 not 4, and fox is at 5, can someone confirm please
The numbers are irrelevant.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
they 6 agains will be on the 4th and 5th tackle as well
She should play
Are you sure about that, how many times have we lost when she was the Ref?
er ... How many times have we lost - Period?
Lets not blame refs ...lets be smart - play to the whistle, minimise errors of all kinds and make our own "luck".

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not a fan of Taffee on the bench but I also hate Salmon covering in the backline if someone goes down.

Taffee Kiraz Tracey Xerri Fox mid game shuffle is better than Tracey Kiraz Salmon Xerri Fox for example
Wouldn't be surprised if Hutcho shifts to centre under those circumstances and eventually takes up the utility role. Can cover centre, hooker, halves and could probably slot into lock. Like I said previously Taaffe was brought primarily as a halves option and Ciraldo subbing him in there against the Knights could be him looking to phase in this next change.

Status
Not open for further replies.