Round 9 official side v parra

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Stagg on the bench is useless, i like Eastwood starting but Stagg either starts or should not be in the side. Would rather the punch of Marty coming off the bench instead.

Also, its good to see Lafai back. He was excellent last year and now he has the chance to cement a spot for himself.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FINALLY LAFAI !!!

I cant believe some of you guys are still talking sh!t about our defence ? Our Defence has been up there and Lafai can lack something in defence if he can provide what we need in Attack....

B

BoonReturns

Stagg on the bench is useless, i like Eastwood starting but Stagg either starts or should not be in the side. Would rather the punch of Marty coming off the bench instead.

Also, its good to see Lafai back. He was excellent last year and now he has the chance to cement a spot for himself.
Not reasonable replacing Stagg with Tapau. Tapau is not a great defender and certainly doesn't have the experience Stagg has in that area. Without Stagg we would have plenty scored on us. Finucance however would be a reasonable swap for Stagg, maybe not yet but certainly within the next few years. This guy can read the game and makes more try saving tackles then anyone else in the lower grades.

This eason we are developing players, we can't expect too much just yet

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything I'll be replacing graham,, for taupau or James Gavet we need another agressive forward out there!!!!!!,,, I'm afraid graham hasnt performed to my liking I think he should play 2 or 3 nsw cup games to wake up to himself,,, ANOTHER DUDDDDDD SIGNING BY A DUDDD COACH MOORE

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Clearly he isn't, if he was, Des wouldn't of shifted Wright to the wing to fit Lafai in the centres

Lett is a fullback
No lett isn't a fullback, last year in nsw cup he got most of his trys on the wing outside wright.

Incorrect.

Des obviously wishes to keep wright in the squad, and lafai is obviously the next best option in his opinion.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If anything I'll be replacing graham,, for taupau or James Gavet we need another agressive forward out there!!!!!!,,, I'm afraid graham hasnt performed to my liking I think he should play 2 or 3 nsw cup games to wake up to himself,,, ANOTHER DUDDDDDD SIGNING BY A DUDDD COACH MOORE
Agreed... What are we paying him anyway ? He dosent have anything special what so ever ? If he had any Characteristics of Sam Burgers then it would be a whole different ball game, but he offers nothing in attack ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
garbage, he is playing well just not like a kasiano type prop.

if anyone is in question romelo and payne or halatau for me. halatau started great but is slowly dipping, stagg saves our ass in tackles and with big units like eastwood and pritchard and kasiano we need that cover that stagg tolman and graham provide.

gavet has played a couple of good games and is still getting fit.

taupau is the one i'd pick at the expense of romeleo unless his minutes increase. then i'd look at payne or halatau and put eastwood at 12 and stagg at 13.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No lett isn't a fullback, last year in nsw cup he got most of his trys on the wing outside wright.

Incorrect.

Des obviously wishes to keep wright in the squad, and lafai is obviously the next best option in his opinion.
doesn't make sense TBH

If Lett was considered a winger, and Des wanted to keep Wright in the squad, don't you think he would of kept Wright at centre, and choose Lett at wing?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Lett was considered a winger, and Des wanted to keep Wright in the squad, don't you think he would of kept Wright at centre, and choose Lett at wing?
Maybe Wright is as better player? Im not saying he is, but the only thing that Lett has over Wright is his speed. Infact the only thing i have ever seen Lett showcase is his speed.

His defence is horrible and under the high ball he is terrible.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Wright is as better player? Im not saying he is, but the only thing that Lett has over Wright is his speed. Infact the only thing i have ever seen Lett showcase is his speed.

His defence is horrible and under the high ball he is terrible.
that is my whole point, and why Lett should never play wing

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
First post update with official press release

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
that is my whole point, and why Lett should never play wing
With that train of thought he should never play fullback either.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Lett & Wright should be re-united ... post-try celebrations FTW !

[video=youtube;HuuCZR2Rr0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuuCZR2Rr0c[/video]

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that train of thought he should never play fullback either.
good point, but I still think he is more of a fullback than a winger

maybe the fact his been around for ages, and still hasn't cemented a FG spot and has been to how many clubs, should tell us something though

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
good point, but I still think he is more of a fullback than a winger

maybe the fact his been around for ages, and still hasn't cemented a FG spot and has been to how many clubs, should tell us something though
you basically just agreed with me. he is not a fullback. he is a winger. brilliant speed. that is all.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Great news!! Def rather at the cost of Jono instead of Stevie but me thinks Lafai finally getting a run means a step up in regards to our attack. Any attacking player atm with out Hodko in the side is good imo. Lafai can break the line thats all I care about atm..
Good call on starting Greg too Des =)

Status
Not open for further replies.