Round 9 official side v parra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of two sensible options. Had to be either Lafai in and Wright to the wing, or Lett on the wing and Wright at centre.

Interesting to see is Marty finally gets a game. I'm not sure what the point of Romelo has been lately. Ennis is seemingly (finally...) hitting form so maybe an extra forward over a barely-used utility is wiser?

B

BoonReturns

If Lafai can produce what he did last year and/or even better I think he will cement himself in the side.
Can't believe it but I agree with your dribble. If Lafai finds his form he will be in the centres in first grade for a long, long time. So much natural talent. He reminds me a lot of Hopa Jnr

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of two sensible options. Had to be either Lafai in and Wright to the wing, or Lett on the wing and Wright at centre.

Interesting to see is Marty finally gets a game. I'm not sure what the point of Romelo has been lately. Ennis is seemingly (finally...) hitting form so maybe an extra forward over a barely-used utility is wiser?
Marty is 18th man. Has been for a few weeks now. Can't see him getting a run unless there's a late injury during the week tbh.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly he isn't, if he was, Des wouldn't of shifted Wright to the wing to fit Lafai in the centres

Lett is a fullback
The other option is that he is a winger... just not a very good one.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't believe it but I agree with your dribble. If Lafai finds his form he will be in the centres in first grade for a long, long time. So much natural talent. He reminds me a lot of Hopa Jnr
I personally really just love the way he "glides" on the field to be honest. He's got this natural ability to lightly use his feet to get through the defense.

My larger worry with Lafai is his defense to be honest.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty is 18th man. Has been for a few weeks now. Can't see him getting a run unless there's a late injury during the week tbh.
Yeah - I was just wondering if he might finally get the nod on the bench over Romelo. I just don't see the point of Romelo given how he's been used the last couple of outings.

(My original post may have been clearer if I could type "if" and not "is". Stupid fat fingers).

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may give Morris a better chance at getting another crack at Origin, as I don't think he'd be in front of Jennings and maybe even Lawrence for that left centre spot.
No way Lawrence would be in front of Morris. He's been rubbish for the tigers this year.

H

hazem_elmasri

Lafai and wright. Worse players going. Defense. Oh my goodness. Can he even catch? Oh nooo.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah - I was just wondering if he might finally get the nod on the bench over Romelo. I just don't see the point of Romelo given how he's been used the last couple of outings.

(My original post may have been clearer if I could type "if" and not "is". Stupid fat fingers).
Yeh I agree. Romelo reminds me of how Hasler used Buhrer at Manly. I think his debut was against Melbourne and he didn't even come on, then the week after he was on for the last few minutes.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know what you will get with Lafai, we seen that last year...hope Romelo gets more minutes.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boo Yahhhhhh!!!!

But cringing at the thought of Wright under the high ball >.<

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It'll rain bombs on the Wright side of the field this Friday, and that concerns me. Wright and Lafai both aren't the greatest under the high ball, and Wright on the wing last year failed badly.

His position in defence on the wing worries me too, as he has terrible positional play and a tendency to come in off the wing. Not sure if Burt or Sio will be facing him. No idea.

As for Lett, he's both a fullback and a winger. Last year Cutler was at fullback and Lett/Wright were combining together on the left side. That was where Lett got his 20 something tries for the season.

Lafai's been average this year, and I hope that if he doesn't have the game everyone is hoping he has, that they dont crucify him for it. Most of his tries in NSW Cup I've seen have come off the back of Lett or Dougs breaking the line/setting him up. That said the fancy footwork is still there.

All in all interested to see how they go, just not as confident in the combination as others. A defensive centre at wing, and a defensive centre at centre.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai's been average this year, and I hope that if he doesn't have the game everyone is hoping he has, that they dont crucify him for it. Most of his tries in NSW Cup I've seen have come off the back of Lett or Dougs breaking the line/setting him up. That said the fancy footwork is still there.

Bahahahahahah u got no idea mate lafai has been the stand out by farrrrrrrrrrr in nswcup!!!!!,,,, fk im so happy lafai is in woooot woooot..

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmao @ lett and Doug's breaking the line bahahahaha lafai has been feeding them both into open space buddy

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great to see lafai back in the side, hopefully he does well and really hope wright can play well on the wing

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol not many people in the middle with lafai ? as always we just have people overhyping him and others hating on him

i'm glad to see him in there, last year he showed signs of being a good defender and someone who had some agility and pace to cause trouble outwide, he's young and i think he deserves first shot at the vacant outside backs spot

only worry for me is wright under the highball, he was dreadful last year, luckily we're playing a team with some retarded halves

time for tapau to take romelo's place too

Status
Not open for further replies.