Round 9 Fundraiser Bets To Save A Young Man's Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Lov_dog had a problem the other day, but otherwise, I haven't had any othe feebback
sorry for been late, I will donate my $50.00 today Drop Bear, I had my Easter on the weekend, my best wishes for James again

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry for been late, I will donate my $50.00 today Drop Bear, I had my Easter on the weekend, my best wishes for James again
No that's fine. There is no close date on this and I know that Jimmy would not want anyone to place any stress on themselves over when the pledges go in. The figure raised so far for Jimmy was around $5800 yesterday in total. That's not just from here and 1EE members, but a large part of the final figure will be. The one thing that has amazed me is that if you look at the last week, we have had that ever present cloud hanging over the Eels via the NRL's salary cap investigation, then a controversial game, bad ref calls, heated discussions between both camps etc. But despite all of what was going on, so many of you found it in the goodness of your heart to still donate to this, as did the members of 1EE. I can honestly say I am a proud member of both forums:-)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im still owing i aint forgotten just waiting for ***** to pay me

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No that's fine. There is no close date on this and I know that Jimmy would not want anyone to place any stress on themselves over when the pledges go in. The figure raised so far for Jimmy was around $5800 yesterday in total. That's not just from here and 1EE members, but a large part of the final figure will be. The one thing that has amazed me is that if you look at the last week, we have had that ever present cloud hanging over the Eels via the NRL's salary cap investigation, then a controversial game, bad ref calls, heated discussions between both camps etc. But despite all of what was going on, so many of you found it in the goodness of your heart to still donate to this, as did the members of 1EE. I can honestly say I am a proud member of both forums:grinning:
good on you Drop Bear, is about helping a young mans life and glad to help. now about the game, yes a lot of shit calls, but you won it fair for mine point if view anyway

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi trendsetter :grinning:
Your a fucking champion.

Many men have gone through what your going through now, but it takes a special person to put aside their own issue and shed light on the topic to educate others when it comes to putting pride aside and having our bodies checked.

If only half the people in the world showed a quarter of the selflessness you've shown, the world would be a much greater place than it is now.

jimmypop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Your a fucking champion.

Many men have gone through what your going through now, but it takes a special person to put aside their own issue and shed light on the topic to educate others when it comes to putting pride aside and having our bodies checked.

If only half the people in the world showed a quarter of the selflessness you've shown, the world would be a much greater place than it is now.
Thanks mate :grinning: I appreciate your kind words :grinning: I'm glad that my msg could be shared across to the kennel aswell and I have DropBear to thank for that :grinning: if it wasn't for him it wouldn't of been on this forum and I wouldn't of been able to see how many awesome people there are over here :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Jimmypop,

I heard Parramatta were going to donate some money but sadly have to tighten the purse strings!

You've got more heart and determination than the entire Eels board put together..

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Lov_dog had a problem the other day, but otherwise, I haven't had any othe feebback
Ohh, I was trying to become a Guilded Kennel member, there had been an issue with the donate page on the Kennel...believe it be resolved now. Thanks for the nudge, will donate here, later this eve.

~c.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good evening. I trust that all is as well as it can be with you.

I remember back to last year when a few of the guys from 1EE and the Kennel got together at ANZ in aid of our mate Assassin and that was the start of something positive. I am really proud of DB and SOH for marshalling the troops once again and I hope that what they have done through the Kennel will be of as much benefit to you and your wife as you battle this illness together. We may be on opposite sides on the footy field but at the end of the day we are all just people trying to do our best as we work through what life throws at us. May your life be long and may it be happy. God bless James and stay strong.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate :grinning: I appreciate your kind words :grinning: I'm glad that my msg could be shared across to the kennel aswell and I have DropBear to thank for that :grinning: if it wasn't for him it wouldn't of been on this forum and I wouldn't of been able to see how many awesome people there are over here :grinning:
Have to do a little correcting here Jimmy. SOH came to me on this one, it's all he's doing, I'm just a co conspirator :-). The figure is now over $6,000. Due to 5 unnamed pathetic $%$#@$%%%$ wrecking our day yesterday, I haven't gone back to see how much we have raised between the camps, but it's in the substantial range. Looking at the great photo of your wife and yourself together made me realise what a great investment we have all made here. What I would like to know, without impinging on your privacy, is this enough? Will you be able to get the treatment you need from the good doctor? If more is required, please let me know. If you don't want to go public, perhaps PM me. This has been another wonderful joint effort between The Kennel and 1EE members. Standing applause for everyone concerned.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still owing, should be done by end of week

jimmypop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi again :grinning:

Just wanted to pop in and say a massive thank you to you all for your generosity and give you a update on how I am, I went for another scan a couple of weeks ago and it came back that the tumor had shrunk!!!! So obviously all he stuff I'm taking is helping :grinning: unfortunately I'm still getting dizzy and headaches most of the time so still limited with work so all of your generosity has really helped so thank you all so much!!!

Jimmypop

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just wanted to pop in and say a massive thank you to you all for your generosity and give you a update on how I am, I went for another scan a couple of weeks ago and it came back that the tumor had shrunk!!!! So obviously all he stuff I'm taking is helping :grinning: unfortunately I'm still getting dizzy and headaches most of the time so still limited with work so all of your generosity has really helped so thank you all so much!!!

Jimmypop
Jimmy that made my day. I hope and pray that tumour disappears and that you and your lovely wife can get back to planning a long and happy life. Let Snake know mate, he'll be over the moon at the news.

jimmypop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Jimmy that made my day. I hope and pray that tumour disappears and that you and your lovely wife can get back to planning a long and happy life. Let Snake know mate, he'll be over the moon at the news.
Hey mate, I told snake not long after I found out :grinning: been meaning to come on and give a update for a while but haven't been able to get onto 1eyedeel or the kennel to share the news until now :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Jimmypop
Fabulous news Jimmypop. Stay positive mate and keep fighting. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.