Official Round 9 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking how depressing. Why did i look forward to this game. Why is Montoya playing absolute shit ****.
i feel like i should was my mouth out with barbed wire for saying this... but i'd rather be keeping montoya over okunbor

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Yes, Pay is fucking useless and that's why we're there. He sets the team up for failure. You can blame the roster as much as you want but it isn't an excuse for the performances we have seen.
Tell me another roster in nrl history that’s worse then the one we have? Any team any year?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess we just have to go around the merry go round to have our best 17 players playing again (we'll still not be favourites in any/almost any game).

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just caught up, am I being harsh in saying Okunbor messed up the try chance? Looked like he should have gone low for the corner to me.
Too slow too weak no brains.

Wasnt running up anticipating the ball.
Yes, Pay is fucking useless and that's why we're there. He sets the team up for failure. You can blame the roster as much as you want but it isn't an excuse for the performances we have seen.
Absolutely. Weve seen the potential of this "shit roster". Weve come close so many times, so many of our close losses have come from shit interchange/shit structures, not roster.

Yes, we have duds, but most of them have shown good potential in the past that can be made consistent with a good coach and a good structure.

e.g. Meaney is one of our least experienced, but is the best on the field IMO.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
The ball security is abysmal. This is Football 101 stuff.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I am very confused why the players are not running harder and showing intensity to compete on every play. One a few of our players are doing that like Jackson, as always.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still here

You want to win premiership with worst rookies in the comp?

Good luck!
Keep blaming the rookies instead of the coach that cant see the errors, and instead of fixing them cries "muh rebuild" and moves on.

There is no accountability due to the same bullshit excuses you and youre lot are pushing.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One out footy doesn’t work they need to spread the ball, hit the edges with some inside ball....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tell me another roster in nrl history that’s worse then the one we have? Any team any year?
Get over the fucking roster, roster isn't everything, if it was then there is no point in even playing games. We aren't going to be a top side or finals sides, but that doesn't mean we can't be one of these sides chasing for the pack below the 8. Instead we're dead fucking last. The fundamentals under Pay are wrong, and we're stuffed because of it. Not all our players are fucking useless and there's plenty of quality I some that we don't even get to see because of how poorly we're setup.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Jacko. Everyone expects him to be some kind of superstar that can change the game. Offers nothing in attack. Same goes for Hopoate and Tolman - our highest paid players

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Pay bring Holland back to partner Smith on the right and move Hoppa to the left so at least we can score some tries.Smith had one run for 8 metres ffs.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i feel like i should was my mouth out with barbed wire for saying this... but i'd rather be keeping montoya over okunbor
Absolutely. Sure, montoya aint great but at least he doesnt rush into the middle of the field and drops the ball every two runs.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep blaming the rookies instead of the coach that cant see the errors, and instead of fixing them cries "muh rebuild" and moves on.

There is no accountability due to the same bullshit excuses you and youre lot are pushing.
Yeah okunbor for the rookie of the year award ... I mean worst rookie of the year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha, settle down nabs

We’re missing some decent players, but I agree Pay hasn’t got a clue. He’s a dud!
Klopp could out coach him and he has probably never seen a game of footy!