Official Round 9 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well I just got home from the game and can confirm that we are shite. Fukin disgraceful and pathetic!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well there is 1 Positive in that game and Foran got through ok. Thats a plus

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should have been 10 in the bin
Should have been a try and play on. If you are playing advantage, and the offside players gets caught out, he should be null and void in any attempts of a tackle otherwise its not an advantage. If you get no advantage, then go back and penalise him and in this case as it was a try scoring opportunity, its ten in the bin. This is why there are so many teams giving away penalties in order to stop a try.
Unfortunately, we are talking about the NRL and its run by a dope and a failed politician....not footy brains!!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have been a try and play on. If you are playing advantage, and the offside players gets caught out, he should be null and void in any attempts of a tackle otherwise its not an advantage. If you get no advantage, then go back and penalise him and in this case as it was a try scoring opportunity, its ten in the bin. This is why there are so many teams giving away penalties in order to stop a try.
Unfortunately, we are talking about the NRL and its run by a dope and a failed politician....not footy brains!!
Yep 100% especially about the dickheads running the nrl. They have stuffed this game.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. At the bare minimum it should be a penalty try. If he scored without the guy there and the guy was offside then that's the definition of a penalty try.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is my issue too. I am going to openly
Admit it. I have found myself losing interest in nrl. I still watch every dog game
And love the dogs but deadset the nrl is the most pathetically ran and poorly handled sporting event in the world.

Before my next Comment let Me Just say The dogs roster is utter shit, the staff is obviously not much chop either. I tipped the Knights and made Ponga captain in SuperCoach.

That said the scores 16-10. Pearce knocks it on as cold as you could fucking ask. There is 2 refs, touchies the bunker. That being missed isn’t realistic: it’s either they are corrupt or completely incompetent and need to be sacked the fucking lot of them for not being able to see something so obvious yet ref a top game?

Fairly treated we had a shot on their 30m line with a few mins to go. Do we win? Unlikely. Do we score? Most likely not. Though we never got a fair crack. Yet again. Happened with trash like this in the storm game too, they come out admit they got a costly error wrong and what happens? Nothing. I remember not only was that admitted vunivalu was suspended but no penalties where given for what he was charged for. It’s just consistently like this against the dogs.
Stevie Wonder and his guide dog would have seen the knock on it was that obvious...obvious enough for the commentators to mention it straight away....obvious enough for the what was it over 30k spectators and those watching in clubs pubs and at home.......so in saying that it means that TWO referees, TWO touch judges and in the end ( although the decision was never referred to them because the onfield officials missed it and they were the closest to the action) the bunker....over to you Graham Annesley for the customary apology.....

Biggest laugh of the day was Pearce and his comment that it was a 50-50 decision....you kidding right???? If that was a 50-50 decision then I am watching a different game to the one he plays in...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nu Brown got junk minutes again I see

8min

What the fk does Pay expect he do in that time?

(4 sets basically if that)

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Gotta love the NRL rules regarding Forans no try. Barnett who rushed up was offside, so they play the advantage. Barnett then clips Elliott who gets to Foran who scores a try and they said that Barnett who was offside to begin with was impeded....who's advantage was it...ours or theirs? If Barnett was onside, he would have never got there in the first place and yet we get penalised. The NRL is the laughing stock of ANY sport on this planet.
They have well and truly outdone themselves now and our Club should wipe the floor with their absurd incompetence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is my issue too. I am going to openly
Admit it. I have found myself losing interest in nrl. I still watch every dog game
And love the dogs but deadset the nrl is the most pathetically ran and poorly handled sporting event in the world.

Before my next Comment let Me Just say The dogs roster is utter shit, the staff is obviously not much chop either. I tipped the Knights and made Ponga captain in SuperCoach.

That said the scores 16-10. Pearce knocks it on as cold as you could fucking ask. There is 2 refs, touchies the bunker. That being missed isn’t realistic: it’s either they are corrupt or completely incompetent and need to be sacked the fucking lot of them for not being able to see something so obvious yet ref a top game?

Fairly treated we had a shot on their 30m line with a few mins to go. Do we win? Unlikely. Do we score? Most likely not. Though we never got a fair crack. Yet again. Happened with trash like this in the storm game too, they come out admit they got a costly error wrong and what happens? Nothing. I remember not only was that admitted vunivalu was suspended but no penalties where given for what he was charged for. It’s just consistently like this against the dogs.
Will the tide ever turn? Rough end of the pineapple every single week. Maybe we should hire Gus Gould, just for the better press and possibly a fair go. So frustrating.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What's up with Josh Jackson?
He is a long way below his usual high standards.
Playing injured?

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a load of shit... how do we have the weakest roster.... yes maybe the less experienced but what they dished out today is not first grade standard atall... don’t give a shit what anyone says this team can win a lot more games also if the coach wasn’t such a dud
Weakest and least experienced and picked for the spoon by the bookies and most “experts” before a ball was kicked.

I’m not happy with a number of aspects of our game but there are teams like Penrith who have much more serious issues than us and they were picked to be top 4.

For me the jury is still out on Pay but our spine is not as good as the teams that are beating us .

What frustrates me the most is we haven’t had a halfback with real class since Sherwin and that’s inexcusable.

If we truly had a dominant 7 other parts of our game would start to fall into place.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better than expected, literally one of the only positives among a massive pile of shit. Derp Pay is still head of that shit, king of the fucking toilet.
What a bloody drama queen you are - maybe Pay should pull on the number 7 and take control out in the middle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a bloody drama queen you are - maybe Pay should pull on the number 7 and take control out in the middle
Or maybe he should start doing his job and coach the side. Some of you **** needs to get off Pays dick, bloke is fucking garbage, put the club ahead of a player you once loved watching.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nu Brown got junk minutes again I see

8min

What the fk does Pay expect he do in that time?

(4 sets basically if that)
I just can't understand this. If you're going to play dual hookers then would you not use them to your benefit and try and attack teams through the ruck? Na Pay just makes a pointless sub at the end of the game haha.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't understand this. If you're going to play dual hookers then would you not use them to your benefit and try and attack teams through the ruck? Na Pay just makes a pointless sub at the end of the game haha.
Well he did say he was going to bring the madness ... just not the way we all thought though