Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHATS THE BEST PART ABOUT WAKING UP THE NEXT DAY AFTER A WIN?

You cant wait to watch the game again, watch highlights, have a batt, watch fox and nine, watch commentary, watch interviews, watch the team song on repeat, have a batt, then watch some other footy thinking " Yeah, we can beat you too" Have a good week!
Did all of that last night. Still very sore. But will be good to go again next weekend

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder if the Chooks will stick with Keary and Walker combo. Or maybe throw Manu in there. Ah F*ck, who cares. The Dogs won.
Gave flanno the flick after taking em to a gf Q
Bet walker isnt flicked, and doing nowhere near as good

After he rang the ball backwards last year my dislike for the little grub grows lol

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on, WTF, that post is all about “doing the same thing over and over” and yet we did get a different result. Ironic.

Always a Bulldog
Einstein did you even read my post?
I said "The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Flano/Avo/Wakeham at 7 = no creativity and wasted opportunities in prime field positions."

1) Are you suggesting then that Flano at 7 was responsible our tries against the Chooks? Flano somehow was involved in JAC's solo run from dummy half and his 85m intercept tries? Burton's monster 40/20 kick and Dufty's money ball to Knockonbur was the mastermind of Flano?

2) Are you suggesting that Flano/Avo/Wakeham at 7 has been successful this year, creates plenty of tries and wins and is the way forward for this year and beyond?

Let me guess that your answer to both 1 and 2 is NO.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzzing after that win. It is still clear we have deadwood which will be gone for next season. However we have some class and X factor in this team who stood up in that win.
WE certainly need a better half now that that we have a good No.9 comming (hopefully), Burtons kicking game has won us both games and has kept us in the game a few other times, IMHO I think we are still short of a game breaker.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A wins a win is a win better than a lost thank fk Gould took over training and video session and even the coaches box.
Baz is much better on the sidelines, only thing missing is his yellow shirt and water bottles.

But Man he was a sexy beast in his saturday suit.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Einstein did you even read my post?
I said "The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Flano/Avo/Wakeham at 7 = no creativity and wasted opportunities in prime field positions."

1) Are you suggesting then that Flano at 7 was responsible our tries against the Chooks? Flano somehow was involved in JAC's solo run from dummy half and his 85m intercept tries? Burton's monster 40/20 kick and Dufty's money ball to Knockonbur was the mastermind of Flano?

2) Are you suggesting that Flano/Avo/Wakeham at 7 has been successful this year, creates plenty of tries and wins and is the way forward for this year and beyond?

Let me guess that your answer to both 1 and 2 is NO.
Usual tactic, when wrong change the subject.

The irrefutable fact is doing the same thing = a win, which is a different result to a loss. The secret was do the same thing + do it better = win.

There is no one answer to your question, there are many possible answers, there may be more than one right one, let’s see how the season progresses.

Always a Bulldog

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The irrefutable fact is doing the same thing = a win, which is a different result to a loss. The secret was do the same thing + do it better = win.

There is no one answer to your question, there are many possible answers, there may be more than one right one, let’s see how the season progresses.

Always a Bulldog
Fair point in all honesty.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
>"Usual tactic, when wrong change the subject."
You are talking about yourself. You are simply a troll who post smart arse comments and when you are challenged with the facts you then change the subject.

>"The secret was do the same thing + do it better = win."
Rubbish. The dogs tries had NOTHING to do with our dud 7 but OTHERS HAD TO STEP UP TO MAKE UP FOR THE DUD 7 IN ATTACK. This time it was JAC's 2 solo tries and Burton and Dufty coming up with the big plays. It you honesty think the secret was "do the same thing + do it better" then you're effectively saying "Flano/Wakeham/Avo at 7 is our secret to success". Put your money where you mouth is and post a thread on TK with that title and if you don't then you it proves you are full of the proverbial.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
>"Usual tactic, when wrong change the subject."
You are talking about yourself. You are simply a troll who post smart arse comments and when you are challenged with the facts you then change the subject.

>"The secret was do the same thing + do it better = win."
Rubbish. The dogs tries had NOTHING to do with our dud 7 but OTHERS HAD TO STEP UP TO MAKE UP FOR THE DUD 7 IN ATTACK. This time it was JAC's 2 solo tries and Burton and Dufty coming up with the big plays. It you honesty think the secret was "do the same thing + do it better" then you're effectively saying "Flano/Wakeham/Avo at 7 is our secret to success". Put your money where you mouth is and post a thread on TK with that title and if you don't then you it proves you are full of the proverbial.
I am sorry but I have no idea what the hell you are on about. You are fixated on "tries" as being our only area of concern, when defence (as one example) is just as important if not more so. I was simply pointing out the fallacy in you original post, the whole team did whole lot of things better and we won. The proven fallacy, courtesy of the last game, is that it is necessary to always change players for the team to play better and get a win. If you can't see that then I have no better way of explaining it. The next game is yet to be played.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t wait to watch NRL360 choke on their humble pie tonight

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congratulations to the boys for gallantly hanging in there to win the game !
Excited as I was I refrained from commenting and definitely didn't want to sound negative and the reasons are...
1. Nothing changed with the referees, awarding the Rorters 2 nearly 3 unfair tries to almost win them the game, even thought we won I still can't get over how corrupt they are.
2. Our attitude in defence has improved and forced the Rorters into making errors, but let's be honest they weren't on their normal game.
3. Our attack has hardly improved and still very clunky, do you think the 9 still is the problem ?
Hopefully we are permanently back on track !