Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How’s this for an omen.

2021. Heavy outsiders. Losing streak, we beat cronulla wearing Anzac jerseys. Next day I caught up with my mate and his family.

2023. Heavy outsiders, 2 game losing streak. Wearing Anzac jerseys. Today I’m catching up with the same mate and his family.

Calling it. Dogs 13+

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Real hard match today. Sharks at full strength would be hard if we were full strength, which we are nowhere near. I hope we defend well so it's not a blowout
thats all that we want, just defend and who cares who’s playing and not playing ! We must play like our season is over each week as building confidence will be crucial to when our team is full strength

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sharks forum saying this game is to boost their F/A

Like 45+ :o

Dogs 13+
MoM - Flanno with his running game, resigned for life :smilingimp:
Exactly what the team needs to hear to fire them up. We beat these guys at Shark park with odds stacked against us, hopefully history repeats itself

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Disappointing that Oloapu won't get a run, even off the bench. I like moving Burton to halfback but I don't understand keeping Flanagan in the team.. Surely Oloapu is in FG in the next few weeks.

Skelton survived the cut though so maybe he's a late call up to the final 17..
Hope so

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching the CC press conference it is clear they are getting Burton to step up so they can introduce KO as the ‘2nd’ play maker in future. Burton playing 2nd fiddle with KO at 7 wouldn’t be fair on KO. This is 100% step one for KF’s departure. How many weeks of Burton at 7 is now the question before KO can join him. Happy days. CC really struggled to say why this swap was good for KF
He kept saying it will simplify Flanagan role as of his role wasn’t simple already

Any more simpler and he’s playing park footy

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
King knows how to pass a ball, the last try against cowboys where he was part of the try set Ado carr up for a try in the corner. King is our best player on the field and he can pass.
You don't weaken a spot to strengthen a spot.

Lock yes, prop yes, anything else is a mistake.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How’s this for an omen.

2021. Heavy outsiders. Losing streak, we beat cronulla wearing Anzac jerseys. Next day I caught up with my mate and his family.

2023. Heavy outsiders, 2 game losing streak. Wearing Anzac jerseys. Today I’m catching up with the same mate and his family.

Calling it. Dogs 13+
Same ref?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only way we beat Sharts is if we throw the ball around, second phase the shit out of it and use element of surprise

We also need to get some fair calls and win the penalty count

We also need Sharts to have an off day

In reality we will prob cop an injury or two ie Averillo

Drop the ball constantly

Watch Flanagan run around doing nothing

11-2 against penalties

Hynes to score one and set up 10

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way we beat Sharts is if we throw the ball around, second phase the shit out of it and use element of surprise

We also need to get some fair calls and win the penalty count

We also need Sharts to have an off day

In reality we will prob cop an injury or two ie Averillo

Drop the ball constantly

Watch Flanagan run around doing nothing

11-2 against penalties

Hynes to score one and set up 10
Funny how sharks can still look strong with 2 best forwards out in finucane and toby rudolf

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Real hard match today. Sharks at full strength would be hard if we were full strength, which we are nowhere near. I hope we defend well so it's not a blowout
We need to have impeccable completions, 6th tackle options and discipline today or it will be a massacre

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to attending todays game.

Sport teaches you a lot about life. It’s about turning up and putting in 100% effort.

Injuries are just another word for opportunity for our players.

There are no excuses
I have printed those inspirational coach sayings. Framed them and put them up in my meditation room with my meds waiting for the game.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flannagan cost Barrett his job and now Cameron Ciraldo is heading to that direction.
karl oloapu should be the 6.
Sam Hughes should be 8 and king moved to second row and Waddell on the bench. We need big bodies at front.RFM is below average and Hayze Perham is not an attacking fullback. The bench is weak. Sharks by plenty

That's it, best shut up shop and not even try against the shonkies now that the Kennel nostradumbarse has laid down his all-knowing wisdom

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flannagan cost Barrett his job and now Cameron Ciraldo is heading to that direction.
karl oloapu should be the 6.
Sam Hughes should be 8 and king moved to second row and Waddell on the bench. We need big bodies at front.RFM is below average and Hayze Perham is not an attacking fullback. The bench is weak. Sharks by plenty
Coach Killer Kyle..