Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Might be an unpopular opinion but I don’t rate Potter as attack coach. He really just said fuck it, throw the ball around last year and t was better than doing nothing (Barrett). I’d like to see some plan and players in motion, Some skill in execution etc. not just wishful thinking low % options to jag a try
I was saying that all last year and didn't want him as attacking coach.

But the armchair experts on here didn't want to hear it.

Potter had no pressure or anything. Like you said, all he did was say play eyes up footy.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol there are a lot of night owls out there... especially now that more and more people are working from home and not having to bother with the daily commute. Still not him...and I really wish mods would confirm this and put the silly rumour to bed...at least for a little while until it resurfaces.
Ok I admit i am u, we have been caught cuz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was saying that all last year and didn't want him as attacking coach.

But the armchair experts on here didn't want to hear it.

Potter had no pressure or anything. Like you said, all he did was say play eyes up footy.
I thought Sandercock was a good attack coach but I think he’s now coaching one of our womens side.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nrl 360 just reminded me that Robinson did the exact same thing last year swapping Keary and Sam Walkers jumpers.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
360 saying Ciraldo and the club in general is frustrated with his lack of involvement and don’t like how he sits out in crucial parts kf games

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reserves isn’t going to fix that though. That takes time. He needs to learn to play smarter and not be such a hero. Going back ti reserves will allow him to see the options a bit easier and allow the right decision to be made. Then rinse and repeat until
It becomes second nature. Cooper Cronk when he started out wasn’t the most talented bloke. But he worked hard on his game to become one of the better readers of a defence and pull that apart.

note that Thurston couldn’t tackle for many years. Nor benji Marshall. That part takes 3-4 yrs for guys to learn if they have poor technique and little size. Maybe he can watch some flanno tackling videos. Won’t learn anything else off him.
There seems to be this myth that Cooper Cronk was not a talented bloke or is a manufactured halfback.

What bollocks. I remember in mid 00's when he came into first grade and would read the game better than most. He single handedly torched us in a game and this was back in the day when we had an extraordinary record against the Storm. It was around the time Idris was playing for us.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There seems to be this myth that Cooper Cronk was not a talented bloke or is a manufactured halfback.

What bollocks. I remember in mid 00's when he came into first grade and would read the game better than most. He single handedly torched us in a game and this was back in the day when we had an extraordinary record against the Storm. It was around the time Idris was playing for us.
idriss was 2009/2010, cronk was real by then

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo has a lot more support ie Gould and a better squad, albeit knocked around with injuries and light on for quality in the spine, than Tbaz but we are yet to see any marked improvement. Defensive structure did look better early on but has fallen in a hole in recent weeks. Attack is still well below par.
Rubbish

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a logical assessment as to why Flanagan is still in first grade ?
Worst attacking stats of any half in the nrl, spent half the game last week at hooker and now ciraldo magically thinks he is going to cut it as a 5/8.
He certainly has all the makings of an elite 5/8 - hasn’t got a creative bone in his body, lacks pace and footwork and wouldn’t know what a line break is - how the hell does shifting him to no. 6 improve the team.
The other question mark is given Burton doesn’t appear to want the extra responsibility of steering the team around and hasn’t consistently stepped up in the past, will his performance improve in the no. 7 and will his shift improve the team structure ?
It's hard to figure how Flanagan keeps his place in the team isn't it?

During last week's game against the scum (or as much of the game as I could stomach before turning the TV off) we had at least 2 significant overlaps.

One of them was 3 on 1 so of course Flanagan ran the ball (it was the play where he tried to do some miracle pass to Burton and Parrascum blocked the play and knocked on). Flanagan got tangled up in the defence and completely stuffed up what was a genuine try scoring opportunity.

Any halfback with the slightest vision would have got the ball out along the backline as fast as possible but instead Flanagan ran it.

I'm sure there were similar stuff ups he did in the rest of the game against the scum and he has shown for a few years now he has no vision or feel for the game - no eyes up football or instinct from him and he's killing our attack.

Time for him to go - he's had enough chances and failed to deliver too many times.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Noone is saying Flano is a great player....but NSW Cup stats suggest he is probably still a better option than the young and still developing Oloapu at this stage... so why throw an 18 year old into the deep end against a premiership contender when we have a roster that has been gutted by injuries and Flano has trained with the side all off season?

It's only going to disrupt the team and probably dent poor Oloapu's confidence when Cronulla inevitably put 50 o.n us.
.. .

It’s time bro…. Flange is walk-in the Green mile.