Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First half mistakes cost us massively.
Need to move on from oks he’s just not up to it.
avo not sure about defensive reads.
poor alamoti doesn’t have enough speed in defence think a few teams will work that out.
Burns the games gone past him.
Haze doesn’t run the ball back hard enough to start us on the go forward.
We only have 1 half.
looked ok once Joshy came on.
just lacking forwards.
Just not fun to watch at the moment.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
poor alamoti doesn’t have enough speed in defence think a few teams will work that out.
We only have 1 half.
just lacking forwards.
I’m terms of Perham, he was more effective in getting kicks returns started when he had Kiraz and Addo-Carr to take the next run after he would go to ground quickly and play ball super quick (his job was not to try and dominate tackle but rather play ball quickly).
Unfortunately he started to get in trouble with planting the ball to early on the ground and would lose the ball causing the opposition to have the ball in attacking position.

So his strongest attribute is now somewhat nullified and his other weakness are becoming more evident.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m terms of Perham, he was more effective in getting kicks returns started when he had Kiraz and Addo-Carr to take the next run after he would go to ground quickly and play ball super quick (his job was not to try and dominate tackle but rather play ball quickly).
Unfortunately he started to get in trouble with planting the ball to early on the ground and would lose the ball causing the opposition to have the ball in attacking position.

So his strongest attribute is now somewhat nullified and his other weakness are becoming more evident.
Yeah totally agree, but with so many forwards missing and the team needing meters every now and then he just needs to tuck the ball and run, burns and Casey are not meter eaters. So they all need to step up in those instances.
I know we are not out there with these blokes but you could see a few more yards would help.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good was okinkhara in the middle lol
How good was old mate burns at right wing
How good was reserve grader drop nuts casey on left wing
How good was right centre alomoti at left centre
How good was rfm sitting on the bench for 30-40 mins
How good was suttons ball control
And we haven’t even got to zero skill no try assist flanacrap!!!
Finchie...You know I know We all know most of the goodness derives from the one and only Flanacrap !!!
When are we going to comprehend that his presence in a major negative on the teams attack ???

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I've always thought quick play the ball is an absolute necessity from all players and supposedly trained to do so,
one definite thing Disco Dancing almost every run way before the opposite defence is not.

Last edited:

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
His problem is he can't hang on to the footy if he gets hit anywhere lower than his arms front on. Like clockwork the ball pops out. As a forward, that is a pretty basic requirement.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Injuries are killing the season. Plus we lack an NRL quality fullback, Averillo and Alamoti have seriously weak moments in defence. We lack an NRL quality 7, Burton aint one. Sutton, Okanbor and Waddell would struggle to play NRL at any other club. Rajab is not ready to play 1 at NRL level and looks better in the halves, KO is no on field general, Skelton is powerful but lacks speed and is as weak in defence as all of our other outside backs.
Pretty much agree with all comments and accurate summary in general, the only exception would be Skeltons speed, he’s quicker then his body type suggests, played Rugby 7s, not many make it in that comp without good speed. Also agree KO is no general, but he’ll develop a voice and a presence with time only just turning 18yo…. He has confidence and is better than Flanno so my take is why not?

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We only have 1 half.
just lacking forwards.
agree with all that but I don’t think Josh should be on our bench hopefully nu brown takes that spot back.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Finchie...You know I know We all know most of the goodness derives from the one and only Flanacrap !!!
When are we going to comprehend that his presence in a major negative on the teams attack ???
Why won’t CC and potter before him drop the ****. He’s fucking useless

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
agree with all that but I don’t think Josh should be on our bench hopefully nu brown takes that spot back.
Dunno about Josh, if we had two halves firing we wouldn’t need him, but he gives burto some good service as flanno is not. Not sure nu gives burton that extra half. In saying that we haven’t had our full team on the park all year so no idea what we’d look like….just hope it gets better soon. Starting to dred the weekend with this injury toll..

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping Davey gets a start on an edge soon pushing Waddell back to the middle, replace oko with Hughes.
The backs we would be better suited with burns next to Alomoti for experience but they really would be too slow,

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
After being at the game, then watching the replay and looking at the stats, which are interesting;

Errors - Bulldogs 11 Sharks 13 = Not what I expected to see, I left the game thinking we lost the game due to the number of errors we made, but watching the replay that wasn't the case, sure we made many at dumb times when we were on the attack, but in a total number sense not the case.

Penalties (inc Set Restarts) - Bulldogs 7 Sharks 7 = Again not what I expected to see, I left the game thinking we got smashed in the penalties, albeit we got ZERO Set Restarts, how the fark is that possible.

Missed & Ineffective Tackles - Bulldogs 41 Sharks 46 = WTF, hardly what I expected to see, I left the game thinking our defence was so much worse than their's , which Effective Tackles Bulldogs 89% Sharks 87% shows was not the case.

There are plenty of other things that watching the replay and looking at stats (Kick Metres, Forced Drop Outs, Play the Ball Speed, Offloads, Completion Rates etc) where we were more than competitive.

We just weren't that bad, the problem as I see it was a distinct lack of strike power, we were missing those players that make something happen when there is nothing on. Not having JAC, Kiraz and Kikau in particular really limits our attack and also has a detrimental effect on our defence.

Always a Bulldog