OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was very critical on Taffee’s performances early in the season (Eels & Sharks). His last performance against the roosters was super impressive. He has got better as the season has progressed.
Very sad if he has lost his spot his is a good kid.
I know Tracey was brilliant last week against Melbourne.
CC is in a good position, he must pull the correct strings this weekend otherwise say goodbye to semi finals.
My guess both teams are evenly matched, going to be a close one!
Just look at the way Tracey ran and jumped towards the bombs to catch it, that small difference, between him and taffe, does wonders for the confidence of our team and starting our sets on the right foot

There's no way I see taffe catching bombs the same way

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo won’t carry both Hayward and Taafe on the bench will he? I’m expecting Taafe to drop from 17 and a fwd promoted. Hopefully the King.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo won’t carry both Hayward and Taafe on the bench will he? I’m expecting Taafe to drop from 17 and a fwd promoted. Hopefully the King.
Most likely King coming in. Ideally Hutchinson dropped but 2nd best scenario is Taafe remains on interchange to atleast have a go at HB.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been good reading through all the views on the team list and the differing opinions.

It seems a vast majority don't want Hutch in the team, and are happy for him to be replaced by Sexton, Taffe amongst others.

I must admit that I find this puzzling ...

We all know Hutch isn't the long-term answer to our halves problem, and he's just a short-term fix till our youngsters come through. No one is claiming any different.

But ...

We've actually performed really well of late. Against Melbourne we were arguably the better team, and choked it. Same could be said about Souths.

That last pass has been missing. That little bit extra understanding amongst players. Maturity to slow the game down. Knowledge of how to see put the game ... which is understandable as none of them are used to winning as a team with the dogs. It takes time.

It sucks but we've been so so close.

Why would we change it up now?

Why would we start a player who's been playing fullback at halfback? How does that make sense?

Why would we start a player who hasn't been setting the world on fire in ressies at halfback? And wasn't the solution last year when playing there?

Just because we all know we can do better at halfback, doesn't mean we should just settle for anyone.

While Hutch hasn't been setting the world on fire, he's been a part of our much much better play this year and we shouldn't overlook that.

For mine, Burtons kicking game especially in the closing 10 last week was more damaging than Hutch's performance. But Hutch is the problem?

The entire team was immature but I hope we learn from it. I'm sure we will with CC and Taylor

Onwards and upwards I say. With hutch at 7 .. for now lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Been good reading through all the views on the team list and the differing opinions.

It seems a vast majority don't want Hutch in the team, and are happy for him to be replaced by Sexton, Taffe amongst others.

We all know Hutch isn't the long-term answer to our halves problem, and he's just a short-term fix till our youngsters come through. No one is claiming any different.

But ...

We've actually performed really well of late. Against Melbourne we were arguably the better team, and choked it. Same could be said about Souths.

That last pass has been missing. That little bit extra understanding amongst players. Maturity to slow the game down. Knowledge of how to see put the game ... which is understandable as none of them are used to winning as a team with the dogs. It takes time.

Why would we start a player who's been playing fullback at halfback? How does that make sense?

Why would we start a player who hasn't been setting the world on fire in ressies at halfback? And wasn't the solution last year when playing there?

Just because we all know we can do better at halfback, doesn't mean we should just settle for anyone.

While Hutch hasn't been setting the world on fire, he's been a part of our much much better play this year and we shouldn't overlook that.

For mine, Burtons kicking game especially in the closing 10 last week was more damaging than Hutch's performance. But Hutch is the problem?

The entire team was immature but I hope we learn from it. I'm sure we will with CC and Taylor

I was supportive of keeping him there up until now. The time is right for a change and the team is starting to build a lot of confidence. Both Taafe and sexton would add another dimension to our attack behind a pack that is building nicely.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

But ...

They are still trying to get sexton to commit in defence in Reggie’s, playing him at 7 in attack and DH in defence is an old school trick with a gun shy half. I think Sexton might get his shot after the bye, but whenever it is it won’t be until he’s prepared to commit for 80 mins in defence IMO.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely we stop/limit Ponga we win. Knights have worst halves pairing in the comp. Honestly can’t see us losing this, barring injury etc. Get it done, Into bye week, boys can have a proper celebration and time with family

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score

But ...

Because old man hutchy boy dummy's & runs ffs.

That's most peoples issue with the kent

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm happy to see Tracey stay at fullback. Taaffe is unlucky as his last two games had been his best and if not for getting knocked out, he wouldn't have lost his spot but we have a lot of depth in the backline for once so it's a good problem to have.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just look at the way Tracey ran and jumped towards the bombs to catch it, that small difference, between him and taffe, does wonders for the confidence of our team and starting our sets on the right foot

There's no way I see taffe catching bombs the same way
He was fearless under the high ball against Melbourne.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely we stop/limit Ponga we win. Knights have worst halves pairing in the comp. Honestly can’t see us losing this, barring injury etc. Get it done, Into bye week, boys can have a proper celebration and time with family
The hip pointer will still be painful hope kiks has been tasked with finding out how painful

Status
Not open for further replies.