OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair Berries said he was sitting in the nose bleeds with the sun in his face (he may have been 6 beers deep too)

I agree with your points on Hutch..he does get involved a lot and is trying but just frustrating to see him stifle the right edge for 7 rounds only to see Taffe unlock it within 5 mins!
I saw that later. Berries is smashed lol.

Exactly man, he just stifles most opportunities we create that side. Taffy immediately showed why he’s worth a go. He has the speed to get down and support Kiraz and Critta to setup a try. Hutch would have never kept up.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Bro be postitive for a change addo carr killed it ciraldo is the reason for our change in defense and Mahoney in defense was mad in stages Hutchison the only momentum killer
Tongue in cheek , I'm thinking....

Timbo_Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
I still can’t believe how competitive we’ve been with the pack we have. King and Curran have been massive and Hughes is really growing into a quality prop, but outisde of them it’s a bit thin. Morrin adds something but tbh on paper we are one of the worst packs, yet have competed well with most teams.
Curran was such a good buy the bloke is a workhorse I heard rumours of offering a contract extension

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even though we flogged in cup sexton was average asf
He really was.
His goalkicking was excellent and general kicking was strong, but his organisation and decision making was average. He also looked slow (really not much faster than Hutch). O'Neill on the other hand was excellent.
Look, our next Gen halves are gonna be amazing - O'Neill, Tia, Woods, Conti - one of them will shine through.
Plus don't forget - Taaffe has played halfback

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He misses plenty too. His defence is no where near good enough to warrant being picked while having very little attacking ability.
I reckon the coaching staff are all over it no need to worry!
There is a team of reserve graders lining up for a game in 1st grade. Did you see the reserves score today Fark.
Heyward, Taaffe and Sexton there all lining up for a shot.
We have until the finals to get it sorted!

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where would we be without Curran! So good to have him as he can be dangerous on an edge and a workhouse in the middle. Can't wait to have Preston and Mann back in the team. A right edge of Preston, Critta and Kiraz will be hard to hold out, just need the right half-back to set them up!

I see Hayward dropping out for Mann and either Morrin or Salman for Preston. Would think Fa'ama comes back in for Patolo.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some may disagree but I'd still keep Hutch at HB. I think we've got enough points with Burton, Tracy and the left side attack. Not having a smaller bloke for the opposition to run at is why our defense has been so good.
Who knows some opponent might fall for his 4th tackle dummy and run

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
a really successful season will be getting above the mid teams, with the odd win over top 8.. we should have beaten Souths, and almost had the Storm game in the bag.. the big positives obviously being our defence but we're playing good yardage for one of the smaller packs... Ciraldo has these boys in good nick. If the attack continues to improve, top 8 is absolutely not off the cards.
Yep ecstatic at last after so many years of gloom. Gives a real lift to the weekend. Each game we now regularly seeing 7-8 players running 100m or more. Really getting some go forward and finally winning >50% possession share.

Missed tackles this week have been kept under 10% again. Yay!!
Once again frustratingly, our completion rate is hovering @ 70% or so. Needs to regularly be >80% to compete with the big guys. If we can consistently rectify those last 2 stats then big wins will continue. We have a top 8 team imo. Go Doggies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will get 7th position. We aren't like Parramatta who are 100% a one-man team they are going to fall way behind. Canberra are average they will get found out. Warriors are struggling. The scary part is Saints may steal a spot. What may cost Saints is the RFM error vs Cowboys.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Things are coming along. We have our stars in Kikau, Fox, Critta and Burton, however, it's the other guys that are stepping up. With Tracey at the back really puts some stability in the team. He's safe as houses and doesn't get rag dolled around. Xerri also makes a big difference with his strong runs. Hughes is becoming the prop we need. Hayward is a good inclusion to help take the pressure off Mahoney. Curran is a machine and is a real leader in the middle.

Really liked how we got some repeat sets with some pin point grubbers with one leading to a try and another would have been a try if Salmon held onto it. Looks like we've been practicing that. Was Jason Taylor good at grubbers? I can't remember.

The star will be Burton, that 40/20 looked like he could eventually do that at will. I'm not sure why he has put the torpedo bomb away, but maybe he is learning how to play percentage play instead. He can literally boot us out of trouble each set if he puts his mind to it. I'm not sure I like the kick on the 4th option though, we've tried many times this year and it's never worked out. Opposition always get their first tackle on their 40.

Great signs.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club will be making a few very tough selection calls in the coming weeks - the reality is we have a surplus of players in a few positions.

We won’t be blocking the progress of our young guns, so there will be a few guys that will meeting the Ron Massey coach and a couple more might be moved on.

Even with a few players out injured BBO didn’t make the 17 in reserve grade today!!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
  • Dally M votes: Matt Burton 3, Reed Mahoney 3, Josh Curran 3, Connor Tracey 2, Viliame Kikau 1.
would of swapped Tracey and burtons points

kiks still equal 2nd