Round 7 - Dogs vs Warriors - NRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt we will have to watch him, but that was last year when our defence was nothing like what we have now. They have have horrendous defence and even if they do score tries they are most likely to let in a ton as well. IMO only the short turn around can beat us, they are useless.
We always struggle against the flamboyant style of the warriors.....they have the players to throw alot at us.....what worries me is the lack of points in us.....we wont win this game by just one out stuff......penalties will kill us because if they get on a roll they are hatd to hold out...but please lets stop making excuses with 5 day turn around.....this game will say alot about where we are at

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We always struggle against the flamboyant style of the warriors.....they have the players to throw alot at us.....what worries me is the lack of points in us.....we wont win this game by just one out stuff......penalties will kill us because if they get on a roll they are hatd to hold out...but please lets stop making excuses with 5 day turn around.....this game will say alot about where we are at
We will pump them, they cant tackle for shit.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would have loved to throw Raymond fm in there this week against his old club
He would have had a point to prove

Do u think lane will be a late addition for the Warriors

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And their shittiness is even rubbing off on RTS, did anyone see his attempted "tackle" last week. I sure i heard him yell out "touch".

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No Vatuvei for warriors. They have a poor record without him. Not as poor as without Johnson, but they do seem to miss him.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No Vatuvei for warriors. They have a poor record without him. Not as poor as without Johnson, but they do seem to miss him.
He starts their sets of so well, thats what they miss. We need to bomb, grubber and kick to Wright all game every single kick.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to be another hard game, we have a huge forward pack and our whole game plan revolves around them (one out) making the meters and getting field position, there is no backup plan. Having said that, i think we will win in a close one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watching NRL 360, apparently our halves are second when it comes to combined trys and try assists lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds has set up a number of tries with the cross field runs everyone hates. Mbye has scored a few and set some up too. Good signs for a 6 round old partnership

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Four players that really scare me for the Warriors, as they can break a game wide open:
Tui Lolohea - his pace off the mark and footwork is a real concern.
Shaun Johnston - inconsistent, but when hes on and runs the ball, his footwork can cause all sorts of headaches.
Solomone Kata - Built like a bulldozer and goes like one too. Lucky for us he's in the centres not the wing though.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - Him and Tui produced the try of the season for me the other week.

Issac Luke has been REALLY quiet this season and seems to have slacked off since joining Warriors.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering the obstacles were facing , we should assume its going to be a like swimming against a rip.

I know we can do it but at what expense?

I think des should get the players to try a different style of football , maybe a warriors style game

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple game plan will beat the warriors because they often beat themselves. Id like to see our halves target Jono Wright and Kata with kicks behind the defensive line into the in- goal.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we kick like we did against the storm RTS will beat us by himself. Running back as he does if he catches the ball on the full, we'll be starting every defensive set on halfway.

I just can't understand why we haven't been able to address this for so many years. Attacking kicking game is one thing, but finishing off our sets with a good long kick has to be fucking mandatory for any team. We are terrible.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Issac Luke has been REALLY quiet this season and seems to have slacked off since joining Warriors.
Apparently Luke has had a falling out with McFadden and it has created factions in the dressing room.

Apparently.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luke looks overweight to me, just soaking in that wonderfull Warriors culture i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.