Official Round 7 - Bulldog v Eel - Team List + Match Discussion

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you could bet money on Pangai or kikau getting sin binned I’d throw everything I got on it! Going by that crap last week with Preston you can’t even tackle them anymore so this 2 guys a totally screwed

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Halves and Fullback cannot create shit in attack so we can’t be chasing leads down. Need to be close to shutdown defensively

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly.. We're 3-3 which any Bulldog fan would have taken before the season especially considering our injury toll. Easily could have been 4-2.. To me, that's reason to be optimistic considering we haven't clicked yet in attack and have a lot of improvement left in defence too. In years past we would have been 0-6 by now under the same circumstances..
And things are looking up with some muscle coming back this week.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 7 Team News: Team listed to face age-old rivals in Eels

View attachment 68332

The Bulldogs will enter Parramatta to take on the Eels, this Sunday at Commbank Stadium (4:05pm kick-off).

The rivalry between the Bulldogs and the Eels is one of the fiercest in the NRL. The two clubs share bordering territories, with less than 20km separating the two sides.

Through history the two clubs have a storied past which was highlighted in the 1980s, when Canterbury and Parramatta both won four premierships each and played against each other in two grand finals (1984 and 1986).

This year, the age-old rivalry is set to be intensified as On-Field Co Captain, Reed Mahoney faces off against his former Club for the first time.

After conceding more than 50 points to fellow bordering rivals, South Sydney last week, the Bulldogs will be sure to find their bite again to try and avoid another bitter loss.

The Round 7 match-up will see the much anticipated return of Tevita Pangai Junior (returns from a calf injury for his first match of the 2023 season), as well as Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Viliame Kikau who each return after following concussion protocol.

Jayden Okonbur returns from suspension to start from the bench, while Josh Addo-Carr faces 6-8 weeks on the sideline after injuring his ankle in Friday's match.

Braidon Burns, who played a key role in the Bulldogs' NSW Cup 26-22 win over the Rabbitohs, will step up to fill Addo-Carr's wing.

Fans will also be looking out for Jake Averillo, who has scored four tries in the last five games against the Eels, and opened Friday's match with an almost full-field run to score the first try.

No.PlayerSponsor
1Hayze PerhamWaterview
2Jacob KirazSupporting Disabilities Australia
3Jake AverilloAIWC
4Paul AlamotiGuardian Venue Management
5Braidon BurnsKhalil Lawyers
6Matt BurtonZaffet Lebnen
7Kyle FlanaganAM PM Plumbing & Electrical
8Max KingDental on Evaline
9Reed MahoneyAccolade Wines
10Tevita Pangai JuniorSydney City Building Group
11Viliame KikauAmer Development Group
12Jacob PrestonMMX Projects
13Raymond Faitala-MarinerHockingstuart
InterchangeRecovery Partners
14Josh ReynoldsHy-Tec
15Jayden OkonburPenny’s Crispy Pork Crackling
16Corey WaddellIntello IT
17Ryan SuttonTender Loving Care Disability Services
ReservesRecovery Partners
19Karl Oloapu
20Jackson Topine
21Sam Hughes
22Declan Casey
23Andrew Davey

Coaching StaffNameSponsor
Head CoachCameron CiraldoShoeGrab

I know a lot of kennelers are saying wtf Reynolds but Ciraldo wouldn't have him in the team if he didn't earn his position, his enthusiasm and energy is great for the team also, I bagged the shit out of Okunbor but Ciraldo saw what I couldn't see and Okunbor has improved under Ciraldo's coaching, got to trust in the coach and hopefully Ciraldo's on the money with Reynold's being selected!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know a lot of kennelers are saying wtf Reynolds but Ciraldo wouldn't have him in the team if he didn't earn his position, his enthusiasm and energy is great for the team also, I bagged the shit out of Okunbor but Ciraldo saw what I couldn't see and Okunbor has improved under Ciraldo's coaching, got to trust in the coach and hopefully Ciraldo's on the money with Reynold's being selected!!
No reason to be baggin JR... Our attack is so much slicker when he comes on and our line speed is so much quicker. Can imagine if he comes on when we have a rolling pack and second phase play he will shine.

The only reason people are shitting on him is because he gave away a couple of stupid penalties in his eagerness to change momentum. If he reigns that in then he is a positive on any bench.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes has potential, but needs to be in NSW Cup to build his fitness & impress with consistent good performance. He can then earn his way into FG.
There is an obsession with big body players no matter what is impact on the result of the games. Been through this with Napa, Atoni, Woods etc.
Change my opinion on Reynolds, it either needs to be him or flannagan on the field at 1 time. Edwards was impressive on his return. It will be interesting whether he plays the same role in NSW cup. It was similar to Yeo role, let's see how he develops this year.
100% Hughes has to be in NSW Cup ..... dude has only played twice this season and limited games in his entire career.

Same can be said of Skelton .... Has scored a couple of good tries in Cup but is as raw as it gets.

How some can be calling for their inclusions, claiming The Dogs brain trust has got it wrong is farking delusional.

Someone posted a while back do The Dogs read TK :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:.

NoChance

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don't understand having TPJ starting first game back in over 6 months especially against two great props.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox is a huge loss but hopefully Pangai’s offloads can spark our attack instead. I wonder what Burtons go-to play will be now that he can’t kick to the fox on the 2nd tackle
I think that's the problem.
Burton seems to only have an attacking kick in his arsenal. He can't pass to save himself ATM. He'll obviously try the short kick for Kikau or Preston but losing the Fox means we lose the ability for a long range effort on that left edge.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its because the coach didnt pick them......
Another Team list and the same muppets Questioning the bench selection with no idea what’s happening within the team. Hilarious.
We will miss Jac and Good to see TPJ starting and I reckon Morrin will get another crack after round 10 and CC can select players outside our 30. Ko named as first reserve makes me smile, won’t be long now.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's the problem.
Burton seems to only have an attacking kick in his arsenal. He can't pass to save himself ATM. He'll obviously try the short kick for Kikau or Preston but losing the Fox means we lose the ability for a long range effort on that left edge.
And we’ll lose speed! Don’t knownanyone else besides averillo whos fast in the team

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s an interestingg question. I’d say he will use kiks as a foil to draw the defence open up holes and run himself. Or he will put short grubbers behind the line or bomb the line for burns to use his height and reach. Either way lots of tries and try assists from our 5/8 is what we can expect.
We most certainly expect, but I'm not holding my breath. The short grubbers are good if you score from them or get repeat sets or draw the fullback across.

But everytime you fail with one and you use it too much, you are telling the opposition that you have no creativity and cannot create a line break or try.