Round 6 - Slim Pickings

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going down to Melb we should have coverage at 9 for Reed. To cover for injury or his predictable fatigue. With no Mann who does that leave? Haywood, Turpin (anyone know why he didn’t play cup this week?) BBO.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wait for NSW cup at 5pm tonight, you'll get answers as to which players CC will be looking to promote
Good call.
Joash Papalii, Jeral Skelton and Liam Knight played. So safe to say these 3 plays will not make the cut?
We won the game 20-14.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Eerily similar how last 2 seasons have started. Looked OK, and then just obliterated with injuries

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this week is the perfect time to give some of the kids a shot at first grade, we're playing Melbourne in Melbourne and we're decimated with injuries, tell the young guys to run hard, tackle hard, play what's in front of them and enjoy the experience with nothing to lose.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmao at ur new picture u funny *****.
I know you got an extra 5 but not there either.
I think i think we have to wait t'ill like round 10-11 to use NSW cup players but yeah u'll need one these other guys to confirm it... @TwinTurbo ur a buff at these things arent ya?
You rang?

Supplementary Players (AKA Development Players) can play from Round 1, no more restrictions there. Which means there are 36 NRL Contracted players who can play anytime. If we say an NRL team is 18 players that means each club has 2 x NRL teams available, positions not withstanding.

Which means the only difference between a Top 30 NRL Player and a Supplementary Player is their minimum contract value (30k versus $80k). Note that is a "minimum" if a Club chooses to they could contract a Supplementary player for the same as (or more than) a Top 30 player.

There are also Train and Trial players on NRL Contracts who can play NRL from Round 11.

Players with NSW Cup contracts can play NRL Games with an exemption from the NRL, we have had that in the last 2 seasons. It will be harder to get exemptions this season as the availability of Supplementary Players was done, in part, to reduce that need.

Always a Bulldog

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think Haywood will get a shot next week off the bench. Well deserved as well has been one of the best in NSW cup and was outstanding in the trials.
Kautoga will take huge benefit from the Roosters game and hopefully play a more important role.
Poasa will probably come in for his 20-25 mins

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this week is the perfect time to give some of the kids a shot at first grade, we're playing Melbourne in Melbourne and we're decimated with injuries, tell the young guys to run hard, tackle hard, play what's in front of them and enjoy the experience with nothing to lose.
It won’t be as disruptive as it seems this week. Wilson & JAC both come back in. That being said I see it as the perfect opportunity to promote Joash. Give him the brief that it’s for 1 week only. Play your natural game. No pressure about playing well or your dropped. Just give him some exposure.

Outside of this we have a full backline available.
Crichton, JAC, Kiraz, Xerri, Wilson are all available. So there is not much chance of seeing Perham or Skeleton.
So I think this will be our back 5 come next weekend. I would just love to see Joash get a run.
I think with Mann out Hutch needs to go to the bench along side maybe Hayward and two Props with Sexton coming in at 7.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won’t be as disruptive as it seems this week. Wilson & JAC both come back in. That being said I see it as the perfect opportunity to promote Joash. Give him the brief that it’s for 1 week only. Play your natural game. No pressure about playing well or your dropped. Just give him some exposure.

Outside of this we have a full backline available.
Crichton, JAC, Kiraz, Xerri, Wilson are all available. So there is not much chance of seeing Perham or Skeleton.
So I think this will be our back 5 come next weekend. I would just love to see Joash get a run.
I think with Mann out Hutch needs to go to the bench along side maybe Hayward and two Props with Sexton coming in at 7.
Assuming Kikau, King, Mann, Tracey and Taaffe are all out this week this is what I would go with.

1. Joash Papalii
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Samuel Hughes
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Josh Curran
12. Jaemon Salmon
13. Lipoi Hopoi

14. Jeral Skelton
15. Drew Hutchison
16. Chris Patolo/Kitione Kautoga
17. Jack Todd

I'd go with some size and aggression at 13 to start the game with Hutchison coming on with ball playing abilities when things have settled, Hopoi can then get a second stint in the front row in the second half. Skelton is the perfect utility as he can cover both forwards and backs, if we don't get any injuries in the backline you just throw him onto the field and tell him to make a play.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Assuming Kikau, King, Mann, Tracey and Taaffe are all out this week this is what I would go with.

1. Joash Papalii
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Liam Knight
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Josh Curran
12. Jaemon Salmon
13. Lipoi Hopoi

14. Jeral Skelton
15. Drew Hutchison
16. Chris Patolo/Kitione Kautoga
17. Jack Todd

I'd go with some size and aggression at 13 to start the game with Hutchison coming on with ball playing abilities when things have settled, Hopoi can then get a second stint in the front row in the second half. Skelton is the perfect utility as he can cover both forwards and backs, if we don't get any injuries in the backline you just throw him onto the field and tell him to make a play.
Hughes?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiraz must play opposite Coates. He’s our only hope of preventing him scoring at will from air raids. Edit: He can defend any bombs at least. Forgot Wilson so Kiraz will probably play centre.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that Wilson came to the club as a fullback? I am holding off buying tickets to the game until I know for sure that Perham will be nowhere near the team, not even running the drinks or cutting up the oranges.
I would find it extremely shocking if he was anywhere near the team. He has fallen way out of the running. He has looked good at times in attack in reggies but is terrible defensively.