Round 6 - Slim Pickings

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Assuming Kikau, King, Mann, Tracey and Taaffe are all out this week this is what I would go with.

1. Joash Papalii
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Liam Knight
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Josh Curran
12. Jaemon Salmon
13. Lipoi Hopoi

14. Jeral Skelton
15. Drew Hutchison
16. Chris Patolo/Kitione Kautoga
17. Jack Todd

I'd go with some size and aggression at 13 to start the game with Hutchison coming on with ball playing abilities when things have settled, Hopoi can then get a second stint in the front row in the second half. Skelton is the perfect utility as he can cover both forwards and backs, if we don't get any injuries in the backline you just throw him onto the field and tell him to make a play.
Surely you have picked Knight to be the ball girl? The ball girl doesn't get a numbered jersey though.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely you have picked Knight to be the ball girl? The ball girl doesn't get a numbered jersey though.
I forgot about Sam Hughes bro, so Liam Knight would be the first one dropped from that side. I'll update the original team list so everyone can stop looking at his name lol

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
debuting Joash in Melbourne is suicidal and won’t happen

Unfortunately Critta will be 1 as he is the only person left that’s actually trained there

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hoping Tracey pulls up ok, they said tear but that was before scans, hoping it’s something some ice will fix.
Yeah same as kiks. Hopefully nothing major and he’s right to play. Mann and king are big outs as it is

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did tracey arrive at the club with calf issue?
Don't think he should play FB with that niggling injury. He prob can't handle that position this week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was listed to play lock during the week, did anyone see how he went
Would have to do the job given to him but its a big ask to put him in to lock with so little experience in the position?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have to do the job given to him but its a big ask to put him in to lock with so little experience in the position?
Agreed,I'm wondering if they are trying to improve his defence with a view to a bench spot in fg

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joseph Oneil tore up in cup at Belmore. What a talent. Great short kicking game, great runner, organiser and he played both sides of the field.

What a talent. Could easily see him being a 7.
Better than Hutch? Wouldn’t be hard would it

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Joseph Oneil tore up in cup at Belmore. What a talent. Great short kicking game, great runner, organiser and he played both sides of the field.

I hope we are hanging on to him, he is off contract this season

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was concerned as it was, going down to Melbourne next week, but now with all our injuries what is the team going to look like?

What we know: Mann, Taffy, Edwards won’t play. Tracey very unlikely. Patolo? JAC and Wilson might be ok. Mann will be the biggest loss.

So, where does that leave the lineup? Hopefully Wilson and JAC are available and Wilson plays fb. If not Critta fb, JAC & Wilson wings, Kiraz & Xerri centres. Skelton would be a good option but don’t think he’s played much lately?

The forwards aren’t too badly affected. We still have King, Hughes and Curran, Kiks may be in doubt though. Salmon can’t be dropped grrr. Kautoga will play again.

I’d prefer a team like this…

1. Wilson
2. JAC
3. Critta
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Reed
10. Hughes
11. Kiks or Curran if he’s injured
12. Salmon
13. Hutch

14. Hayward
15. Poasa
16. Patolo or Knight if he’s injured
17. Kautoga

Still a solid team which shows how much our depth has improved.
You da man, Wilson is a natural fullback before Critta and Hutchison's size gets used

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
60/40... Critz being the 40 when he arrived

Then 70/30.. Critz being the 30 into/after NYE.

Then 80/10/10... Critz being the 10, Tracy 10 closer to SOS.

He had a run there... he knows how to organise his defense and run plays but he just isnt natural to it.
So what you're saying is we're little to no chance of seeing Tracey at 1? Lol

Thanks for the info.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Definitely a growing talent, i likehis style but Casius Tia probably outshone him in his debut yesterday.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what you're saying is we're little to no chance of seeing Tracey at 1? Lol

Thanks for the info.
Nah not really... its only cause Tracey was injured in the pre-season, Calf injury, go figure.

All depends how Tracey pulls up but calf strains just dont go away easy.

I think its between Critta and Paps tbh..