OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Perhaps at 13 ?
I mentioned this a while ago - Hutch could/should be our "Slo-Yeo"

Or do we play him as 14 - like chooks used to?

His talk, tackle and kicking game are assets.
His slowness at 7 is a hindrance.
I don't know why people think Hutchinson is such a great tackler, he is hopeless. Storm targeted him all game and that's where they got they're line breaks from his bad decision making and missed tackles. And the only talk he does is give Hughes a gobful when he throws him a hospital pass and wonders why he knocked it on.

Attachments

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fox commentators a bit delusional last night spouting lyrical about Melbourne the comeback kings. The game I was watching had them leading from the first three minutes until around the sixty minutes mark.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some think Hutcho is there for his defence but he lets inn tries every week. Just so average in attack. He looks like Hoppa playing halfback.

What about when he fell over when there was no defender near him LOL. He can't even run without tripping himself over
Hahaha, that was one for the highlight reels for all those gaslighted Hutchinson supporters. Must be all his relatives. He literally trip himself. He was NEVER known at the Roosters for his tackling/talking/kicking game. He wasn't even close to being outstanding. He was known to slot in when they had an injury to their main guy but yet CC has him first picked every week.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i posted earlier, others may have as well, that Kautoga could have been called offside as he probably was.
a more recent post says he did the same thing in cup recently
I've seen him miss tackles in cup but not as bad as that as far as i can recall.
i would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's not looking good
Perahps the important thing is Kautoga is a 110kg, 21 year old prop contracted until 2025.
Not many sides are having to wheel out 21 year old front rowers with a handful of first grade games under their belt, at the end of a tight game against a top 4 side.
We can be certain he is already being told to learn from the experience, to roll his sleeves up and work hard if he wants a contract from 2026.
He will also know there are a stack of young, keen front rowers also pushing for new contracts from next year.
Yep still young and learning

People wanting to crucify him are stuffed.

If we're crucifying people on one mistake then let's blame

Xerri for not passing to JAC in the first half
Salmon for missing a tackle try 1
Hutchison for missing a tackle try 1
Salmon for allowing the break to try 3
Reed for not passing to the left on our last set
Hutchison heaps of examples
Crichton for flick passing to kiraz when kiraz was taken out
Jac for not doing a superhuman effort and staying in field to score in the 1st half

But nah, let's shit on the 21 yr old in his 2nd game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep still young and learning

People wanting to crucify him are stuffed.

If we're crucifying people on one mistake then let's blame

Xerri for not passing to JAC in the first half
Salmon for missing a tackle try 1
Hutchison for missing a tackle try 1
Salmon for allowing the break to try 3
Reed for not passing to the left on our last set
Hutchison heaps of examples
Crichton for flick passing to kiraz when kiraz was taken out
Jac for not doing a superhuman effort and staying in field to score in the 1st half

But nah, let's shit on the 21 yr old in his 2nd game
I crucify Salmon everyday thank you very much

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
best game we have played in many years.

Hutch played a part in it. I’ll be the first one to say we need a better halfback. But defensively he is so much better than Sexton or Taafe. I doubt either are the answer. If Turpin was moved to halfback we might be slightly better. But the team still is learning the defensive structures. Taking Hutch out could destroy that.

We lost the game because we missed a few kicks. But if Bronson passes to Fox we score another try. If Kiraz doesn’t run over the sideline Melbourne don’t score the match winner. If Tracey backs up the Fox he scored two more try’s. If Kiraz shuts down the ball Coates doesn’t kick it for the luckiest try I have ever seen. If Turpin doesn’t drop the ball on his first run Melbourne don’t score that first try. If Burto kicked two goals we win.

None of these mistakes were Hutches. All these players could have done better. All those players cost us a chance at winning the game. It’s no use blaming Hutch for losing that game if you can’t accept that all those players could have won it for us.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox commentators a bit delusional last night spouting lyrical about Melbourne the comeback kings. The game I was watching had them leading from the first three minutes until around the sixty minutes mark.
Bellamy in sheds " hey listen this is our home ground and we steam roll teams in 2nd half this makeshift dogs team travel down here and the best you could do is win by 2 in the final 4 minutes after leading your fcken kiddin if you think im happy" thats my take anyway....

Britishdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He seems lighter and quicker than last year. He is moving mucher better
Reckon he lost a bit of timber after wanking off to the Jonathan Davies highlights I dm'd him.

He's now fast, elusive, flexible and satisfied.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reckon he lost a bit of timber after wanking off to the Jonathan Davies highlights I dm'd him.

He's now fast, elusive, flexible and satisfied.
Didn't help Mann and King though, they ended up with broken hands after watching it :tearsofjoy:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bellamy in sheds " hey listen this is our home ground and we steam roll teams in 2nd half this makeshift dogs team travel down here and the best you could do is win by 2 in the final 4 minutes after leading your fcken kiddin if you think im happy" thats my take anyway....
I am not a fan of Bellamy. Gifted with superb spines and plenty of big forwards but simply uses despicable tactics to win games. The author of the chicken wing, rolling pin, crusher, etc.. You name it he implemented it and was allowed to get away with it. The instigators of putting "up the bumpers" when in possession of the ball.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/creuly One coach sent the NRL 32 clips of illegal Storm tactics, from two games, and received no response. Another coach sent in more clips and, worse, discovered the NRL told the Storm what he did.

What chance him sticking his head up again?

Confusion is rife and a chief reason is there are two kinds of wrestling.

There is the simple wrestling designed to slow the play-the-ball down. Slowing the tackle has been around since Dally Messenger threw his first hospital pass but now it is systematic and practised.

Then there is the other wrestling designed to injure the opponent.

Richardson has no doubt the Storm are deliberately setting out to injure opponents.

“Something needs to be done,” Richardson said to Fox Sports James Hooper.

“Who invented the crusher tackle, who invented the chicken wing, who invented the rolling pin?

“We were furious afterwards. It’s not in the spirit of the game.”

Richardson pointed to this week’s version, Cody Walker’s tackle on Tui Kamikamica where Kamikamica led with an elbow into Walker’s chest.

He charged it was deliberate and the Storm countered by claiming it was an accident.

The Storm have said nothing about Channel 9 commentator Phil Gould, who casually commented during the coverage that he saw the Storm practising it in their warm-up.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"The Storm have said nothing about Channel 9 commentator Phil Gould, who casually commented during the coverage that he saw the Storm practising it in their warm-up."

Was this from last night?
That's a pretty serious allegation.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Bellamy. Gifted with superb spines and plenty of big forwards but simply uses despicable tactics to win games. The author of the chicken wing, rolling pin, crusher, etc.. You name it he implemented it and was allowed to get away with it. The instigators of putting "up the bumpers" when in possession of the ball.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/creuly One coach sent the NRL 32 clips of illegal Storm tactics, from two games, and received no response. Another coach sent in more clips and, worse, discovered the NRL told the Storm what he did.

What chance him sticking his head up again?

Confusion is rife and a chief reason is there are two kinds of wrestling.

There is the simple wrestling designed to slow the play-the-ball down. Slowing the tackle has been around since Dally Messenger threw his first hospital pass but now it is systematic and practised.

Then there is the other wrestling designed to injure the opponent.

Richardson has no doubt the Storm are deliberately setting out to injure opponents.

“Something needs to be done,” Richardson said to Fox Sports James Hooper.

“Who invented the crusher tackle, who invented the chicken wing, who invented the rolling pin?

“We were furious afterwards. It’s not in the spirit of the game.”

Richardson pointed to this week’s version, Cody Walker’s tackle on Tui Kamikamica where Kamikamica led with an elbow into Walker’s chest.

He charged it was deliberate and the Storm countered by claiming it was an accident.

The Storm have said nothing about Channel 9 commentator Phil Gould, who casually commented during the coverage that he saw the Storm practising it in their warm-up.
They are just a "pretend" Melbourne team from Qld Sunshine Coast and beyond. No Vic juniors or any interest much at all from the locals. But have/had News Ltd and gambling tzars owning the franchise so have far too much influence over all aspects of league. Has the hide to still spruik their premiership wins taken off them. Bellamy would def come back to the fold if under the same scutiny that the Sydney teams are with the press etc.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All those players cost us a chance at winning the game.
Isn't that the point. I'm not sure Hutch can do better.
He is what he is. He's trying hard and doing his best for the team. No hate here. But the team needs more than what he's got.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I loved the back 5 last night. it's hard to change that moving forward. That being said, Taffe brings a lot to our right side. The 7 is a dilemma. We should be 4 & 2 with a proven 7. I know it's frustrating losing the souths and melbourne games, but my goodness, we are so close. At the start of the season, I thought we were short a 1,7,8 10. I'll still take them, but right now, all we need is a 7, and we are better than half the comp. Top 8 is not without a chance. We are capable of going on a run. Knights, bye, tigers, we need to bank those next 6 points.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"The Storm have said nothing about Channel 9 commentator Phil Gould, who casually commented during the coverage that he saw the Storm practising it in their warm-up."

Was this from last night?
That's a pretty serious allegation.
No this was from a while back ( 5 years in fact)when people were pointing out the shitty tactics that the Storm used ( and still use).

They are the kings of slowing down the play the ball with out making it evident that they are. There was, a few years ago supposedly a crackdown on slow peels. Rule change to ALL players must leave the tackle at the same time.Lasted all of five minutes.