OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So impressed by tonights performance.

With all those players out and the late changes we should have actually won the game

We are building the culture from the ground up and it shows with all the new players that came into the team, we were still ultra competitive. We are still clunky in parts and we are just not there yet, but we are improving out of sight

Xerri for me was fantastic. Looked dangerous and put the moves on Reimis Smith with his pace a couple of times to create opportunities and that pass to Fox had a touch of class about it. The more game time he gets, he will be an absolute weapon for us. Has to stay in the side

Conner Tracey was great as well and needs to stay at fullback. Has probably only trained at fullback with the team this week and with more repetitions at training to work up combinations will be a real asset for us. And he is SAFE under the high ball, and that's what you need in the NRL

Kiraz was an absolute beast, 307 running metres says it all...outstanding effort

Back 5 has to stay as is

Halfback is a problem. Hutch looked anything but a composed NRL halfback and he nearly missed as many tackles than he made so this "he is in there for his defence" line doesn't work for me. And when he is not slipping over, he takes on the line at the wrong time and looks like he is gassed after 15 minutes. I just haven't seen enough from him that warrants his automatic selection. Our backline is coming along nicely but our halfback needs tweaking

I'd definitely prefer Sexton or give Taafe a run at half.

Things are finally starting to look good and with a proper halfback and a bit of luck we could easily be sitting on 5-1 start to the season

Exciting times ahead

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are much improved team in every aspect compared to last few years, maybe wishful thinking but I think we will go on a bit of a win streak very soon. The confidence seems to be building every week and they are capable of beating any team this year if it all comes together

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So impressed by tonights performance.

With all those players out and the late changes we should have actually won the game

We are building the culture from the ground up and it shows with all the new players that came into the team, we were still ultra competitive. We are still clunky in parts and we are just not there yet, but we are improving out of sight

Xerri for me was fantastic. Looked dangerous and put the moves on Reimis Smith with his pace a couple of times to create opportunities and that pass to Fox had a touch of class about it. The more game time he gets, he will be an absolute weapon for us. Has to stay in the side

Conner Tracey was great as well and needs to stay at fullback. Has probably only trained at fullback with the team this week and with more repetitions at training to work up combinations will be a real asset for us. And he is SAFE under the high ball, and that's what you need in the NRL

Kiraz was an absolute beast, 307 running metres says it all...outstanding effort

Back 5 has to stay as is

Halfback is a problem. Hutch looked anything but a composed NRL halfback and he nearly missed as many tackles than he made so this "he is in there for his defence" line doesn't work for me. And when he is not slipping over, he takes on the line at the wrong time and looks like he is gassed after 15 minutes. I just haven't seen enough from him that warrants his automatic selection. Our backline is coming along nicely but our halfback needs tweaking

I'd definitely prefer Sexton or give Taafe a run at half.

Things are finally starting to look good and with a proper halfback and a bit of luck we could easily be sitting on 5-1 start to the season

Exciting times ahead
Agree. Really proud of our effort today, especially with several players out. A highly competitive performance. What I’ve been waiting for, for the last 3-4 years. At last.
Some great stats. 7 guys had >100 RM. (2 over 200, 1 over 300). Won the possession, RM, LB and offload battles. Some great signs. However so frustratingly still completing at below 80% and missing too many tackles (40 v Storm @ 28). Frankly otherwise disappointed we’ve had another one that got away (just like Souths game). But things are looking up. I’m sure back to back wins are not far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do people think of the Sam Hughes incident, do we think he'll get suspended?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FACTS...
This was our best performance for many years !!!
Our 1 to 5 finally are set in stone
Burton still is playing like a Centre
Hutchison is too slow for a modern day halfback also he is missing more and more tackles, time for Taaffe or Sexton,
The forwards IMO should stand proud of their efforts despite the injuries !
Start BELIEVING !!!

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FACTS...
This was our best performance for many years !!!
Our 1 to 5 finally are set in stone
Burton still is playing like a Centre
Hutchison is too slow for a modern day halfback also he is missing more and more tackles, time for Taaffe or Sexton,
The forwards IMO should stand proud of their efforts despite the injuries !
Start BELIEVING !!!
Yep we just need a HB to steer our team. Certainly Hutch is not the answer imo.
Sexton (maybe or not), or Joseph O’Neill? I think CC needs to take a further serious look at O’Neill in Cup, with a view to NRL debut mid season or so. Looked more than competent in NRL pre-season trials. Need to look to our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tuesday team announcement will be interesting especially the back 5.

Tracey won’t be dropped but will he still be fullback? Or Taffe comes back

Fox and Kiraz are locks and Critta

which leaves Xerri who played solid in his club debut then went nuts vs the Storm so that’s two heavyweight teams he’s performed well against on both edges

Hutchinson needs to go but CC won’t drop him, I’ll eat my hat if he does!

When is Preston back? Really missing him on the right and assume King back next game…Mann out until ? Morrin back?

All those guys coming back add real value to our team

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wilson illness bad timing cos in two weeks he’s gone from likely to stay in FG and ahead of Xerri to back to reserve grade

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch was bought in part for his experience and I'm sure around training he is probably great. However, i think it's time for a change, not because he is soooo slow but because he takes so many poor options and can't manage a game when most needed ( should have won last night and v Souffs)Loved Tracey at the back and think Xerri has to stay.Blake to 7, i don't see much to lose, it's not like we have won the games we should of this year.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure about that when Hutchison is also part of the backline… but we seem unsure how to use Critta at the moment. He is a world class player but currently he’s doing way too much yardage (which he is awesome at by the way), we are not using him in attacking positions at all. His defence was also a bit off tonight but that was a one-off, he is probably the best defensive centre in the game.
Hutchinson is the problem. I thought he would be better for us but he really is struggling. He gives us no time on the right edge, is too predictable and slow and this is why Chrichton looked off pace. I'm not convinced with Sexton either. For me Taafe should be given a go at hb and Tracey at fb.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah that burton bomb on the halfway line gave it to them really not sure why he always persists with that we’re Infront need to look for field position in that situation but that’s just inexperience. Hopefully they learn from it
Probably miskicked. They were putting a lot of pressure on him.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did Hutcho play in the forwards when Hayward was on? Where did Hayward play when he was on

we looked really good

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to say Crichton has been a little underwhelming . Not bad but just not great. Interesting to see where he plays most of the year because left centre is his and xerris preferred position.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How to fit in Xerri, Crichton and JAC on that left side?
That is the question.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very proud of the effort. Well done to Kikau, Fox and all the team. They nearly pulled it off. Tracey is the fullback. Hayward shows he belongs in this grade showing we just need to use the players we have rather than go source from elsewhere. All we need to do is sort out the 7. We have players within the club we need to find the right one and it’s not Hutch.

Let’s hope the team can now settle down and build over time in the coming years.