OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's weird how most decisions Ciraldo makes seem to be clever. The side was psyched up and seemed to have a plan.
But then I look at things like Turpin at lock and Sexton superglued to the bench and Patolo start and play for 15 minutes and start to wonder is it a hit and miss strategy?
What is unusual about the Bulldogs rebuild is the coach is also learning his trade.
Ciraldo takes risks but is being allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.
Seems fair enough as long as their is an upward trend in results.
That was just bad luck tonight.
Especially with such a hit to the injury list.
Great effort from all.

Next year though, I'm going down to Melbourne and I'm going to ambush the idiot with the cowbell.
Happy to accept contributions for travel costs.
It’s easy to pick apart in hindsight but I understand a lot of his decisions. Turpin was selected to shore up the middle defence which he did, but other than that he was a bit of a liability. I’d be fine with Bailey playing that role next week. He can hold his own and has a bit of pace and ball playing skills.

Salmon was average as usual but we are a bit thin on troops. He could give Hayes a go, but who knows if he’ll do better than Salmon? Ciro’s forward rotations are still questionable but Poasa was busted, so he had to come off and Patolo was meh. Surprisingly as a whole our pack has hung in most games, but that’s mainly down to Curran and Kikau being machines. Salmon has played big minutes too.

It’s only round 6 so Ciro would still be deciding on who’s in his best pack/team.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Morrin back next week should be a bit of a boost

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That
Great game. Finally we have a team that can defend and score points... exciting to watch
s exactly what I think. You can see the difference even when we lose. We are just losing whereas before we were just horrible in all departments. Storm probably would have put 20 at least on the old Dogs. Thats also playing without Taaffe, King, Mann and Preston. Or a top line Mid and half.

So I think we are doing great and when we get players back at full strength and with confidence we can match teams we will be winning more games I reckon.

I also noticed that the Dogs team page has elevated Suluka-Fifita, Tetevano, Harry Hayes (a winger) and Bailey Hayward who played today. So we are continuing to build. Hopefully Fifita will be available soon and I reckon we will be getting close to a top 8 side.

royce

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought Burton kikau crichton fox was gunna be lethal at the start of the year but Burton kikau xeri fox was unreal tonight

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We did pretty good I reckon. You can see that we are building more resilence and I think we will learn to cut out those silly errors and lapses then be more able to create our own luck.

We won that second half 14 to 6 just like we wone the first half last week easily. So we are still a bit patchy which is to be expected. But we can still hold our heads up as we are on the verge and I think the team realises this and this loss again will give us confidence that we can go on with it.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought Burton kikau crichton fox was gunna be lethal at the start of the year but Burton kikau xeri fox was unreal tonight
Yeah I especially am excited for the potential combo in the backline of Xerri and Fox with that speed. Xerri has silky hands and speed. If he gets back to his best which I think he will him and Fox will be devastating.

But also I think Taaffe and Critta will also feature with Tracy. Theres speed and talent throughout that backline and potentially could blow teams off the park.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree but we have so much more potential . Defence is almost polished. We look fit, have urgency and line speed. If we execute our attack better we would be a very hard team to beat.
We've seen incredible improvement in the team with defence, fitness etc. this year. We seem like we just need to go to the next level with a better executing 7 so how Ciro manages that will be the making of the team. Top 8 not far off if we can get that aspect into our game.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison's pace is a genuine concern because watching him play his vision ain't bad he just gets caught by defenders
Agree. He spots the half opportunities. But he can be better with one simple fix. When he spots a gap he should take the play on but pop a short ball to taafe or Tracey on the inside for line breaks down the middle. Instead he takes the lne in , pokes his nose out of the defensive line but gets tackled without making anything out of a half opportunity.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be ause he was constantly shifting between positions in attack and defence.. kid had too much happening when all we really need is a solid captain.
The game is probably too frantic to be shifting between assignments like that now? Best situation was Tracey at 1 and Critta staying at centre right fron the get go.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison's pace is a genuine concern because watching him play his vision ain't bad he just gets caught by defenders
Dude he has no vision. He’s butchered atleast 2 tries when he had numbers, and a simple shift through the hands would have led to points. Instead he does the usual dummy and run

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dude he has no vision. He’s butchered atleast 2 tries when he had numbers, and a simple shift through the hands would have led to points. Instead he does the usual dummy and run
Why tho? When he must know after so many goes at it, he is pretty slow and is easily stopped?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game is probably too frantic to be shifting between assignments like that now? Best situation was Tracey at 1 and Critta staying at centre right fron the get go.
Seems friggin logical doesnt it... dont understand what was going on, we must be missing some important info lol

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just mean with his runs.. sometimes he has the right idea but not the pace of a Cleary or Moses to make a clean break.. but yeah you are right about those moments.