Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought the dude was acting but his teeth are bleeding

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was no need to stop the game there
Second time they have done it for the same bloke. Moeroa is the new Steve Matai. LOL now going off for HIA..this ploy by Parra shits me to tears they do it every game and they get away with it...

As for the penalty then lol even though Gutherson did drop his shoulder into the bloke it was a monumental dive...straight out of the Inglis playbook...

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah saw that and yes there was contact from Gutherson but really????
Deserved a penalty. The dudes whole bottom row of teeth were bleeding. Have to draw a line somewhere, or is it only a penalty when a tooth gets knocked out. I have no sympathy for niggly shit

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some marvellous academy award efforts here tonight. The Parramatta winger holds his head and gets a penalty..Heck the one on Elliot the other night was ten times as bad and we got nothing for it....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The NRL reffing standard is an embarrassment
It has been for years but is now going to an all time low...All we get are apologies for the most obvious ones that they can't dismiss and no sort of improvement on the very basic ones.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What an ass kicking

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Deserved a penalty. The dudes whole bottom row of teeth were bleeding. Have to draw a line somewhere, or is it only a penalty when a tooth gets knocked out. I have no sympathy for niggly shit
Yes deserved a penalty but the dive was pretty silly....

The only bonus in this game is that the Tigers for and against will be suffering. Manly, Sharks and the Eels ( definitely also taking the Tigers spot of 6th) will go past them if it continues.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Mbye playing? What a failure he has turned out to be

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes deserved a penalty but the dive was pretty silly....

The only bonus in this game is that the Tigers for and against will be suffering. Manly, Sharks and the Eels ( definitely also taking the Tigers spot of 6th) will go past them if it continues.
Agreed. The dive was more to try and cover the horrible kick he put in

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The gap between the good teams and the bad teams this year is huge.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why raise the elbow..so another HIA ...this is fast becoming an absolute joke. Moeroa has passed his HIA so has had his customary rest.. this bloke is one of the most HIA'd in the league...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3f1c3bd5e9ccd40d346b1d8a9c37a4ca
Is the Head Injury Assessment rule being exploited?

I make no apology for raising this issue and if it upsets a few people, well so be it. I watch this sport for a living and am paid to call what I see.

I am seeking an explanation from Parramatta on the issue of backrower Tepai Moeroa being replaced in the 33rd minute of Friday night’s game against Canterbury, with the Eels taking him off the field for a HIA.

I first want Moeroa’s welfare addressed. The young forward has now played eight games this year and been left the field for a HIA on five occasions.

On the face of it, that can’t be good.

But I would hate to think that his concussion history is now an opening for any possible abuse of interchange rules from a club that like it or not, has come in for scrutiny by the NRL previously.

Back in 2016 it was noted that 46 players from the Eels had undergone HIAs during the season, more than any other club; 45 of those were forwards.

At Friday night’s game, we were informed on Fox League that Moeroa passed his test during the halftime break, but when we enquired what specific incident had led to there being concern he was suffering another possible concussion, the response was, “no idea”.

If I’ve missed something, I will welcome Parramatta’s response this week and we will gladly show the video evidence on this web page.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The gap between the good teams and the bad teams this year is huge.

Bite your tongue....

if we ask the CEO of the game he will tell you emphatically that the evenness of the competition has never been more evident.. I made the comment in another thread that unless there is a monumental change of form or injuries cruel teams the top eight to bottom eight will be just about the same for the season.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eels putting on a clinic with a depleted lineup

At least Drop Bear will be smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.