Official Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Discussion Thread

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our players just have a defense mentality born from years of Des and Pay's focus on defense. They have to to push up on every offense play like every other 1st grade club. We had 3 to 4 opportunities tonight and no one was in support of the player. Its under 12's stuff yet our 1st grade team hasn't had one iota of offense for 6 years

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs more games to get used to the pace of 1st grade. He showed bits and pieces. The grubber was more a case of him not being used to the speed yet.

Don't forget hes been off for 10 weeks and hasn't played a game.
For sure Wakeham has the hallmarks to be a good half with foz there to help him will do him a world of good attack looked lots more promising tonight our tries come of some structure just the true we conceded were piss poor by our wingers gotta our a electric collor on critchon to stay out on his man keep jamming all night

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It does when we put ourselves in a position for the refs to re-start the tackle count late in the count.
We simply haven’t adjusted to the ruck speed like the roosters Melbourne Newcastle etc we gave most of our repeat sets away on the fourth and fifth because we can’t handle the speed of the play of the ball the sharts are in the same boat behind the eight ball with their conditioning and coaching

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our attack is just ‘one dimensional’ it’s pass and ‘hope!’
Players like Avirello and Wakeham play more of what’s in front of them.
We just still have our halves getting the ball off a backrower with the d on them
We have again a slow dummy half that doesn’t adjust the tempo we need our forwards to play the ball faster!
We need a dummy half who can kick and or make a dart to get us on a roll.
Centres and backrowers her the ball flat footed
We need an attack or halves coach who can get get our halves to take the ball on the run switch sides and have players in motion
We played better today but still we are way below all the other teams
Attack is too flat, always RFM or Jacko get the ball and dart back inside, never get an offload.
Too easy for the defence.
Averillo only gets a go from broken play , never given a chance from his inside men. Smith either.

Question, when did Reimis Smith last break a tackle or make a run more than a metre?

A

Alexander the Great

He will be overrated if he plays for 4 years and throws balls to the ground and still gets picked in our squad.
Thats overrated.

I bet you were one of the chaps that said Thurston was too skinny and small for rugba league :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I am and you know I am , he’s overrated

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dylan. garfield the big ginger cat .napa is a plodder scared to run the ball hard flops in 3rd man in tackles
wins the nrl dud award 2020

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought the referee was atrocious. Personally, and unusual for me to say, I don’t think he favored either side but was just bad. He had no feel for the game and guessed too many calls.

As for our our performance, it was simply deja vu. You can win without a solid 17 and have to better than the opposition across all positions.
It’s a sad situation when we have Hoppa and Elliot as our best, but that’s where we are.
Wakeham needs more time and went okay. However I fear the speed of the game with the new rules won’t suit him, he’s very slow. A good half needs to do many things well, but running the ball and threatening the line is key.
Reimis, JMK and Crichton are not 1st grade standard full stop.
The rest tried hard but that’s not going to win us games

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck avo is gun!! you sense whenever he gets the ball that somethings about to happen,once he gets more games under his belt hopefully they shift him too fullback , he's got a bit of swagger this kid.