Official Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Discussion Thread

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought Holland showed a lot more energy and vision around the ruck and far cleaner ball.Even brought a long and short kicking game tonight
Mate, ive said it previously he actually goes good wherever u slot him.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are now 1 from 6 with the Tigers and Souths as our next games.

We more than likely will be 1 from 8...

FMD

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott back to rocks and diamonds
Standard
Been like that for 5 years
Why stop now

don’t get me wrong he isn’t the reason we’re losing this season but if it was up to me I wouldn’t re-sign him.

I wish we can renege Jackson’s extension too and throw that money on bateman

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember Twin Turbo having a go at me for suggesting we paid Josh Jackson 300-400k a year.
He is way past it. Even@300k I’d have my reservations.
SOS Bellamy. At this rate we digging ourselves deeper and deeper.
Don’t bother with that muppet
He thinks everything is fine and we aren’t in disarray
****** delusional and accepts mediocrity

Jackson isn’t even fg standard nowadays let alone captain standard

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only we had forwards whom had dwz size balls and courage

never lack that boys passion and courage
Dead set heart of a lion

maybe captain courageous should watch dwz and pull his finger out

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck avo is gun!! you sense whenever he gets the ball that somethings about to happen,once he gets more games under his belt hopefully they shift him too fullback , he's got a bit of swagger this kid.
Not shitting on hoppa who I actually respect greatly. But Avo at fullback we have 2 less drop outs. Fair enough we might have dropped 2-3 more balls, because hoppa is amazing under high balls. But he just doesn’t have that explosive speed to turn and chase then go accelerate.

but even though people disagree and think I’m optimistic :p but when was the last time we clawed our way back into a game and probably should have won? We usually get comprehensively beaten and struggle to score 2 tries. Let alone cross the line 4 times. Good effort in my books from a team that has no cohesion (hoppa 2nd game at fullback, avo 2nd game at centre, forans 3rd game back, wakeman and forans 1st game together) and we vs a team with multiple former rep players. And we were long shots (we were paying $2.50). And had averillo been tackled short of the line we probably score next play and go on to win the game.

Not sure why so many people are critical? Is it because we played a more attractive game without Lewis? And they are butt hurt? averillo a handful of games in has done more then any other player this year. Wakeman found more grass tonight with kicks then Lewis has in his whole nrl career.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If only we had forwards whom had dwz size balls and courage

never lack that boys passion and courage
Dead set heart of a lion

maybe captain courageous should watch dwz and pull his finger out

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thought some things were good. Hopoate was great, I'd like to see more of Wakeham at half and averillo looks dangerous. But we lack punch in attack, a line breaker. Hoping Thompson will fill that void

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attack is too flat, always RFM or Jacko get the ball and dart back inside, never get an offload.
Too easy for the defence.
Averillo only gets a go from broken play , never given a chance from his inside men. Smith either.

Question, when did Reimis Smith last break a tackle or make a run more than a metre?
When he saw the ATM vacant.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said it from day one. Is there a betting option on how many set restarts in a game? The fix is on!
Yeh that, but it's actually even easier now for the ref to influence results. In the past a penalty didn't g'tee the team would score, but now if the refs give two or three repeat sets in a row, 9 times out of 10 the teams scores easy, touch footy style.
All the new rules that get introduced gives refs more control to influence results, especially the repeat set rule. If you get on the wrong side of the ref now more than ever you can basically put a Loss next to the result of the game.
Corrupt.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When he saw the ATM vacant.
Avo looks very promising be interesting to see how he goes when he moves closer to the play when he has to make those extra efforts in defence and attack cause at the moment he’s always getting the ball when he’s fresh but looks promising

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In his pre game interview pay mentioned our defence four times I 60 seconds didn’t mention our attack once it’s really that simple
Defense wasn't that great, but once again our opponents play one of their best.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh that, but it's actually even easier now for the ref to influence results. In the past a penalty didn't g'tee the team would score, but now if the refs give two or three repeat sets in a row, 9 times out of 10 the teams scores easy, touch footy style.
All the new rules that get introduced gives refs more control to influence results, especially the repeat set rule. If you get on the wrong side of the ref now more than ever you can basically put a Loss next to the result of the game.
Corrupt.
Couldn't agree more, when I first heard of the 6 again rule I knew that it was intended to give the referees an even bigger opportunity to decide the game.