Official Round 6 Bulldogs V Cowboys - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year, many pundits had Dragons and Tigers fighting it out for the spoon. Do you recall many predicting the dogs? I can’t remember. Is it/was it considered the worst roster? Genuine question. And I wonder whether the “worst roster” rhetoric came before the season kicked off or after the season kicked off once people realised we couldn’t beat an egg?
Its the worst.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough re: Doorey and I know it's near impossible to replace Hoppa based on squad limitations right now but Napa and Katoa can be benched/dropped. Topine has outperformed Katoa on every level and starting Napa over Thompson was the dumbest decision Baz has made all year. We started off 18-0 down and then it was 6-6 for 25 minutes when Thompson was on. I don't know how you could start Napa again, especially after he had 5 runs for 35 metres playing starters minutes!

A bigger passenger I have not seen and that's saying something with some of the frauds that have taken the piss out of this club over the last decade..
I’d have no problem at all with Topine starting and Napa gone intact I’d love to see it but it’s just when posters claim Tbaz should be sacked for not making changes that it’s a bit much.

The biggest issue with the squad (as it has been for a few years) is we are only wanting to make changes due to the bad performances of the NRL team it’s rarely someone banging down the door in reggies demanding selection. It then becomes musical chairs with the same garbage players getting rotated.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d have no problem at all with Topine starting and Napa gone intact I’d love to see it but it’s just when posters claim Tbaz should be sacked for not making changes that it’s a bit much.

The biggest issue with the squad (as it has been for a few years) is we are only wanting to make changes due to the bad performances of the NRL team it’s rarely someone banging down the door in reggies demanding selection. It then becomes musical chairs with the same garbage players getting rotated.
100% im a fan of doorey, but he hasnt been banging the door down in reserve grade. in saying that, id love to see him get a run somewhere in the 17, possibly in front of Smith

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah I agree his hands are tied in relation to other players due to squad limitations. But while was the one preaching patience with Baz from day one and while I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt, some of his latest selections/rotations are dubious and I wonder if he's maybe too close/loyal to players that have been taking the piss and that don't deserve his loyalty.

If we beat Nth Qld and win well then hopefully that lifts the doom and gloom around here and we can start seeing more positives.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are 55% win rate with Henry Perenara

One positive

(I think he reffed us when we beat them up there the last time?)
He's one of the few refs that doesn't seem to have a raging hard on for us and that doesn't try and rape us with said two inch referee dick all game long.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant understand nappa keeping his spot rather have lewis in somewhere and smith gets his chance this week hope he nails it i dont mind him

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol @ anyone that mentions Schoupp
lol @ anyone that mentions Deitz

learn the fucking rules.
As an exception Dietz was brought into the 17 against the knights cause jmk was injured right....albeit for 1 or 2 weeks
Guess what jmk is still injured so why can't Dietz come into the 17 again .

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As an exception Dietz was brought into the 17 against the knights cause jmk was injured right....albeit for 1 or 2 weeks
Guess what jmk is still injured so why can't Dietz come into the 17 again .
Because the first time he was injured, the injury was sustained in a rep game (Allstars game) and therefore we can use Deitz. Next injury was a normal NRL game....there is no exemption for NRL games.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i get Hoppa still in the team as we have nothing to choose from, but Nappa still in is just an insult, would rather run out with 16

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i get Hoppa still in the team as we have nothing to choose from, but Nappa still in is just an insult, would rather run out with 16
16 plus a traffic cone....at least the opposition will trip over the cone.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that I think of it when we saw the draw at the start I think most of us thought at least in the first 5 rounds we would win 1 or max 2 in the first 5..... knights and broncos, so suggestions about baz sacking is not only about his selections
im not calling for him to be sacked just yet but it’s looking very bleak

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
wow Jacko finally dropped Barrett does have a set of balls.

Jackson is the new Tolman.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Start Topine at hooker and Thompson at prop. Renouf was good at lock against Souths and now somehow Napa has jumped ahead of him..

This would be an easy fix to our issues even with Jackson out.. At least this team would show more urgency to start games which is our main problem.. Again, at some point you have to send a message to your players, the squad and the fans that there's a certain standard that's expected and a lack of effort won't be tolerated. If we're not at that point, I don't know when we will be..

8: Thompson (c)
9: Topine
10: Hetherington
11: Elliott
12: Doorey
13: Atoni

14: Katoa/Deitz if possible
15: Ogden
16: C.Smith
17: Waddell
It's either topine or Dietz .. not both..
I think barrett has decided to develop Topine instead of bringing in a genuine 9.. which hurts us in the interim but hopefully will be a long term gain in experience for topine..

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I think of it when we saw the draw at the start I think most of us thought at least in the first 5 rounds we would win 1 or max 2 in the first 5..... knights and broncos, so suggestions about baz sacking is not only about his selections
im not calling for him to be sacked just yet but it’s looking very bleak
Yep it’s disappointing but realistically any talk of Baz being moved on is ridiculous until at least half way through next year.

Not saying you are suggesting it but some pelicans on here are. We have a poor roster and haven’t had much luck with injuries.

However it’s a given that our roster will be much better next year. If we are still getting lapped by Round 10 next year then of course he will come under scrutiny. But anyone who thinks that he will be sacked before then seriously has no fucking idea

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kota and a few others will be gone after round 10, that's the rules with train and trail contracts, till then the coach can't do anything about it