Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They’re seriously clueless, blind or both bro. How the fuck do you watch that game today and think Burton deserves most of the criticism?! He was one of the few that threatened to score, and did score a double, which would’ve been a hat trick if stupid grub didn’t get in the way. It just blows my mind anyone could ACTUALLY believe that Burton is a problem. And when you point out Flanno, Perham etc are the attack’s biggest issues, you’re deflecting… hahaha, so dumb.
The whole spine apart from Mahoney is a problem, full strength or not.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Better to be emotional in an online thread then infront of your kids on Good Friday....

Deadset...my kids have the warpest view of footy and the English language from watching Dogs games with me
I think that's why I go off in the thread, the kids don't read the kennel thank God lol

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had jac never got injured it would have definitely been a different game and we had a good chance of winning it .

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’re seriously clueless, blind or both bro. How the fuck do you watch that game today and think Burton deserves most of the criticism?! He was one of the few that threatened to score, and did score a double, which would’ve been a hat trick if stupid grub didn’t get in the way. It just blows my mind anyone could ACTUALLY believe that Burton is a problem. And when you point out Flanno, Perham etc are the attack’s biggest issues, you’re deflecting… hahaha, so dumb.
Intercept tries aren’t what we are looking for from our 5/8th. It’s the same trap The Grub put us in back around the early 2010s

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly it just looks like the club is scared of bad publicity by dropping him and him crying on TV again.
This is absolutely the case in my view…. most clubs drop flannagan by this point, he’s placing way too much pressure on multiple players and positions by his lack of ability to create in attack or execute a good kicking game or even the most basic skill for a half, digging into the line to draw and pass. I am going to predict that a 34pt flogging may be the excuse they’re looking for to drop Flange.

leadership needed to make a call and not give a fu<k about dropping the “protected species” - Time for KO to put on his big boy pants and showcase his ability….. Bennett’s Dolphins who continue to defy the odds are doing so with an 18yo novice - that’s called having some balls and trust, that’s why Wayne’s the GOAT.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of things to consider for the loss.
The officiating was at best, atrocious.
The loss of key players.
The necessity of having to use players who are not NRL ready. (Edwards, Topine, Morrin)
The NRL's incessant playing with the rules.
The ineptitude of the officials in applying the rules.
I seriously think the NRL is in a death spiral.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it sounds odd after having 50 points put on us, but basically they pulled us apart in two ten minute periods at the end of each half. Outside of those periods we were competitive at least. We were never going to win it with the cattle we were able to put on the park, but there’s just something different about us this year that makes me feel hopeful even after a loss like that.
You make to much sence to post on TK, I blame the bad patches at the end of each half by our team and virutally all the blow out scores on the NRL and their continueing rule changes.
The want to see spectaculer diving trys, so they are continually changing rules designed to fatigue players.
When IMHO all they have done is increase the injury toll for the teams.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of things to consider for the loss.
The officiating was at best, atrocious.
The loss of key players.
The necessity of having to use players who are not NRL ready. (Edwards, Topine, Morrin)
The NRL's incessant playing with the rules.
The ineptitude of the officials in applying the rules.
I seriously think the NRL is in a death spiral.
I've said it a number of times myself the NRL is grabing at straws in an attempt to survive.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You make to much sence to post on TK, I blame the bad patches at the end of each half by our team and virutally all the blow out scores on the NRL and their continueing rule changes.
The want to see spectaculer diving trys, so they are continually changing rules designed to fatigue players.
When IMHO all they have done is increase the injury toll for the teams.
Absolutely, and our fatigue was exacerbated by (a) a ridiculous turnaround from the last game, (b) a bunch of really young guys not yet used to the grind, (c) a sin bin call that literally only the video ref and Cronk thought was anywhere close to legitimate, and (d) an early injury to our main attacking weapon and the resulting defensive reshuffle… not to mention Cook’s quick forward passes putting our guys on the back foot every time Souths were coming out of their half.

Everyone should watch that game again, or at least the back end of each half, and watch how Souths just pounced when we were knackered and then stuck the knife in when our heads dropped.

Trust me, we are ok and there’s an absolute avalanche of players to come back.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, after showing gritt and determination of playing through adversity and getting a grinding win against the cows then to put in that absolutely disgusting performance yesterday shows that even with all those injuries we still have a long way to go.

As ciraldo said, it's not why we lost by 34 as the fundamentals weren't there and not sticking to the game plan.

It's not the bulldog way and everyone needs to be better and be held accountable

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had jac never got injured it would have definitely been a different game and we had a good chance of winning it .
Our attack has been off, especially inside the oppositions 20 m zone. We only scored three tries and one was In the first 4 minutes from our own 20 m line where we caught Souths short, another from a kick and the third from an intercept.

Most of our tries were against the run of play. I agree that our spine is weaker than the top teams. When you compare Mahoney, Flanagan. Burton, RFM and Pernam against Cook, Ilias, Walker, Murray and Mitchell it’s no contest.