Official Round 5 v Panthers Match Discussion

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo was okay. We played descent when at the ground. They took Burton out every time he was near the ball. They where lucky not to be penalised a number times. Duffy had his worse game. Lui got in his head was shouting at him on way through on kicks. As much as I hate to say it Flanno went okay. And the one time we used a sweeping play we scored. Plenty to build on. Jmk needs to go but

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Barrett has flipped the 7 on a dime 3 times already must be time to give Cook a go? BTW how is he going in reggies? How did BBO go?

Can you guys stop arguing and address my suspension question re Burton :( :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a total shambles !!!
Not entirely blaming JMK for the loss...
BUT our attack will never improve until he is dropped !!!
Once our attack gets better we'll naturally score more tries automatically decreasing pressure off our defence.
Both the slow and directionless service from dummy-half are placing our whole attack under extreme pressure forcing us to make too many unforced errors,
Personally I would go with Cook, the reason is he is a natural hooker !!!
Defensively our biggest problem is the right edge it has been for few years now, It's time we plugged that leaking side, could Casey or Hoffman be the answer ???
TBaz is in an undesirable situation and deserves full support but he needs to make the brave decisions or it could end up terribly for him !!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a total shambles !!!
Not entirely blaming JMK for the loss...
BUT our attack will never improve until he is dropped !!!
Once our attack gets better we'll naturally score more tries automatically decreasing pressure off our defence.
Both the slow and directionless service from dummy-half are placing our whole attack under extreme pressure forcing us to make too many unforced errors,
Personally I would go with Cook, the reason is he is a natural hooker !!!
Defensively our biggest problem is the right edge it has been for few years now, It's time we plugged that leaking side, could Casey or Hoffman be the answer ???
TBaz is in an undesirable situation and deserves full support but he needs to make the brave decisions or it could end up terribly for him !!!
Casey? Not in the 30..seen a few mention Hoffman what has he even done so far? and isn't he too small like Topine?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the exception of one very good pass to the fox Avo at centre offers nothing. Doesn’t bust tackles, doesn’t hit hard in D. Can’t make meters coming out of trouble.
The centers are another problem we have. Yeh sure there hasn’t been much creativity from the halves but a lot of centers in the NRL create tries as well. A lot of centers create things out of nothing with there strength, step and speed(e.g Joey Manu, Staggs) We don’t have that. We don’t have any scoring options at all. We don’t even have the barge over tries, our hooker doesn’t even know how to setup a barge over try with any of the big men. Ennis used to do it a lot with Graham, Kasiano etc. So many ways to create tries that we just don’t have, we are just too dumb. And when we actually try to do something we end up making and error and pushing a pass.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Josh Cook will most likely make his debut next week against his old club, but it will most likely be off the bench.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
facts -
We always give away dumb penalties playing the top sides. We cant afford to give away dumb penalties.
We never get a repeat set the first time we are at the try line.
We never score first time we are at the try line.
We dont have any pre conceived set plays ( actually 1, forward pass from the scrum by Wakes) but still yet to see 1 pay off.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The centers are another problem we have. Yeh sure there hasn’t been much creativity from the halves but a lot of centers in the NRL create tries as well. A lot of centers create things out of nothing with there strength, step and speed(e.g Joey Manu, Staggs) We don’t have that. We don’t have any scoring options at all. We don’t even have the barge over tries, our hooker doesn’t even know how to setup a barge over try with any of the big men. Ennis used to do it a lot with Graham, Kasiano etc. So many ways to create tries that we just don’t have, we are just too dumb. And when we actually try to do something we end up making and error and pushing a pass.
100 percent. We have No creativity from hooker especially inside opposition 10. No tall wingers that can catch a bomb and score. No tackle breaking centres . No hole running back-rowers. Bloody depressing. Sure Mahoney and kikau will make a big difference but we still going to need more talent and experience.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re watched the Burton tackle on report. Seen worse. Would have to say it will be a Dangerous contact charge, first offence.
I guess we can dispute grade 1 or 2. I wouldn’t imagine it’s a grade 2 but that’s just my opinion. I’d be more inclined to think it’s careless grade 1 which is $1500 per nrl website. Grade 2 is 1 match. With his clean record hopefully grade 1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With the exception of one very good pass to the fox Avo at centre offers nothing. Doesn’t bust tackles, doesn’t hit hard in D. Can’t make meters coming out of trouble.
Jake is absolute fine at centre, so many other things to worry about. People are so obsessed with looking for faults in him.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Hoffman get a go
Bring shoupp back
Piss wakeham off
He will never ever be more than a reserve grader with pathetic hair
Our poor attack stems from the dummy half. I fee Flanagan did well with what he was dealt and steadied our attack. Now to replace JMK and couple of no hopers in the forwards and we are good to go. Wadell and Jackson killing our attack. Idk why on occasion we went to Waddell short ball like that Prick is gonna bust open the game like Kikau? If you’re gonna do that then have TPJ steaming into the ball? What’s so hard about that?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen I agree. But I don’t believe we have another centre in the club at this point to replace him. No other centre would’ve set the Fox up for that line break. Schoupp would’ve died with the ball and so would Naden or anyone else. Was impressed with the tip on. I called since last year for him to be in the centres. We wasted a whole season and pre season of experimenting him at 7. What a delay of development. He needs to stick with him there and let him build confidence. He’s a good player on his day. Unfortunately apart from a small few last night they were all shit. If Im gonna pick between Averillo and Schoupp I’m taking Averillo all day. Schoupp can’t move laterally, can’t pass and offers nothing but a straight hard run. Which anyone can run hard. But Averillo can offer a pass a step and a line break if he can wrong foot the defence. Leave him there at centre. Let him gain valuable experience there. Work on his game and he’ll be a good future centre for the dogs. No more chopping and changing. I also thought Stimson showed some grit and that Melbourne mentality last night too. Max King always comes to play also. Leave the 6&7 for combinations to build. Mahoney next year will elevate our attack so much Burton and Flanagan will have a better platform to work some magic. You can see some glimpses but the service from dummy half is that Fucken slow the defence is up in our face too quickly.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The moment we couldn't score a try last week against Melbourne, and then they scored, the defeatist body language came back. Team is lacking any confidence whatsoever. We still have a very very long time before we see a turnaround in fortunes.
Barrett has to go as well as JJ Jmk wadell and the other dead wood..