Round 5 Team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're going to lose this week regardless, but people need to realise it was 14-0 yesterday after 50 minutes and we competed really well til that point. Obviously we shouldn't be happy with 14-0, but the scoreline didn't reflect how well we played to that point.

If Lewis didn't get injured early, we could have scored some points which would have changed the game. We'll likely get smashed again this week, but hopefully we can be competitive with Thompson, Jackson and DWZ back and play for 80 minutes and actually score a point..

1: Allan
2: Cotric (time to play him at his best position, right wing)
3: Averillo
4: Hopoate
5: DWZ
6: Lewis
7: Flanagan
8: Thompson
9: Topine
10: Hetherington
11: Elliott
12: Jackson
13: Renouf

14: Deitz (promote him. We need an attacking spark)
15: Doorey
16: Ogden
17: Waddell/Crapa

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id go:

1. Hoppa
2. DWZ (right)
3. Cotric (right)
4. Allen (left)
5. Katoa (left)
6. Lewis
7. Flagina
8. Thompson
10. Hetho
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Atoni

14. Topine
15. Ogden
16. Wadell
17. Napa

If Avo is fit. Maybe try him on the wing and swap into FB for attacking sets in the opp 50. Then again is it wise to against Melbourne.

K will be starting 9. But fuck him. Will never name him there.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Id go:

1. Hoppa
2. DWZ (right)
3. Cotric (right)
4. Allen (left)
5. Katoa (left)
6. Lewis
7. Flagina
8. Thompson
10. Hetho
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Atoni

14. Topine
15. Ogden
16. Wadell
17. Napa

If Avo is fit. Maybe try him on the wing and swap into FB for attacking sets in the opp 50. Then again is it wise to against Melbourne.

K will be starting 9. But fuck him. Will never name him there.
Flagina lol.. another young guy we were all pumped about getting , didn’t last long .!!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're going to lose this week regardless, but people need to realise it was 14-0 yesterday after 50 minutes and we competed really well til that point. Obviously we shouldn't be happy with 14-0, but the scoreline didn't reflect how well we played to that point.

If Lewis didn't get injured early, we could have scored some points which would have changed the game. We'll likely get smashed again this week, but hopefully we can be competitive with Thompson, Jackson and DWZ back and play for 80 minutes and actually score a point..

You can't play Topine and Dietz at this stage.. only one of the will be given dispensation to cover JMK.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can't play Topine and Dietz at this stage.. only one of the will be given dispensation to cover JMK.
Couldn't we play Topine with the exemption and promote Deitz to top 30 though? Or vice versa and argue that Topine is just a lock/second rower?

Either way I'm so over these stupid fucking restrictions in the top 30. It just compounds the problem of the competition when teams can't play minimum wage juniors and reserve graders like Deitz, Topine, Doorey, Schoupp etc without twenty exemptions amidst an injury and suspension crisis. Instead you have to play dead weight like Stimson and Britt etc.

Once again, all it does is favour the strong clubs that have depth in their top 30.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't we play Topine with the exemption and promote Deitz to top 30 though? Or vice versa and argue that Topine is just a lock/second rower?

Either way I'm so over these stupid fucking restrictions in the top 30. It just compounds the problem of the competition when teams can't play minimum wage juniors and reserve graders like Deitz, Topine, Doorey, Schoupp etc without twenty exemptions amidst an injury and suspension crisis. Instead you have to play dead weight like Stimson and Britt etc.

Once again, all it does is favour the strong clubs that have depth in their top 30.
I'd rather keep a spot in the top 30 free for a possible mid season signing..

Yeah I'm not a fan of the restrictions either..

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score

:D

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I think Lewis might be up against it to get picked. He was still looking pretty sick after the game so he probably won’t train for the early part of the week at least.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Katoa
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Katoa
10. Hetherington
11. Elliott
12. Waddell
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Atoni
16. Ogden
17. Napa / C. Smith

This is probably the most realistic team for next week. Hopefully we can get some exemptions to play some younger players because I don’t see us winning with the above team.

Lewis and Meaney probably won’t play next week, and Britt and Stimson should never play again.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Not bad but Hetherington will be suspended and only 1 of Deitz and Topine will get an exemption for JMK. And according to BAZ Averillo is injured . Lewis probably won’t play because of concussion protocol but I like your thinking.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not bad but Hetherington will be suspended and only 1 of Deitz and Topine will get an exemption for JMK. And according to BAZ Averillo is injured . Lewis probably won’t play because of concussion protocol but I like your thinking.
Hetherington didn't even connect. He has no case to answer for.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Allan (reluctantly)
2. DWZ
3. Cotric (right edge)
4. Hopoate
5. Schoupp (get an exemption)
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
8. Hetherington (pending possible suspension)
9. Katoa (reluctantly)
10. Thompson
11. Elliot
12. Waddell (last chance saloon on his preferred left edge, deserves a shot there before being banished to Mounties)
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Doorey
16. Atoni
17. Seiumanufangi (deserves a crack because no one else is setting the world on fire)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're probably right. We'll see what happens. We can't take a trick with a different starter injured or suspended each week. It makes it hard for any team to gel, especially one struggling like ours with a new coach and system etc..

I think Lewis will play. Averillo is a chance. Jackson, DWZ and Thompson are definites. Hetherington may get off. Either way our team will be stronger against Melbourne than it has been all season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Katoa
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Katoa
10. Hetherington
11. Elliott
12. Waddell
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Atoni
16. Ogden
17. Napa / C. Smith

This is probably the most realistic team for next week. Hopefully we can get some exemptions to play some younger players because I don’t see us winning with the above team.

Lewis and Meaney probably won’t play next week, and Britt and Stimson should never play again.
You're probably close to the mark but Barrett has to bench Waddell or drop him. Start Topine on an edge or put Jackson back to the edge and keep Renouf at lock where he played well.

If Baz doesn't drop Waddell, then I'll worry it's about favourites and not form or lack of. If Allan could get moved around, then I don't see why Waddell is gifted 80 minutes every week when he's been so horrible. Ideally Doorey can come into the squad but we might need another exemption or to promote him. It was a dumb decision to not have Topine and Doorey in the top 30 in the first place.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a difference with development players eg: Topine or both just outside the 30 regardless? I know any contracted player can be named in the 21, but there are restrictions for the 19 and 17 - I’m just not sure how the Development player rule applies there?