Round 5 Team - Reynolds In, Mbye Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I find it amusing that so many on this site hate reynolds for doing stupid sh!t and getting suspended,

and yet it reminds me of quite a few 'fans' on this site who constantly abuse and bully others for not hating Reynolds and get then get themselves suspended.

Does anyone else see similarities?

How did that song go.......................'Isn't it ironic, don't you think?'

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drop our nsw half after 4 below par games..no thanks. It's too early for that. I think Des knows how to coach a footy team by now.
Well just how many dud ganes should he have before he is introduced to Andy Patmore and the NSW Cup side?

How many great games has Hodkinson had since Origin finished?
How many just okay games has he played since Origin until now?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But why would he say otherwise? you really believe that statement? He would have a lot to lose by saying what most of us here really think. You're right though, he does have a good head on his shoulders because he knows the shit storm that would erupt if he should say otherwise.

Playing second fiddle to a guy who hasn't earnt it is irritating to say the least. Lets face it, at the moment, Reynolds is coasting on reputation. Here is a kid that has put in the hard yards (presumably) and has impressed on the big stage, not once, but 3 times. 3 times he has broken the game open. Broken the game open, and played a vital part in our victories. He has played a major role in our good start to the season. Now he has to take the backseat cause Des has his favourites?

Could be overreacting, and maybe this is Des mind games, but simply put - this is NOT on. Mbye deserves a spot in the starting side for what he has done and nothing less.

Or maybe you're right. Who knows.
He's done enough since 2011 to deserve a shot @ the 6 this year, If hes forms rubbish in say 5 rounds or so then its a diff story.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly you're giving me and other the f***** shits with your rubbish.

Constant negativity. Constant "I know it all" attitude. Support the damn team.

1. You ARE NOT Des Hasler. You have no clue, like I or anyone else on here. What you post is NOT ALWAYS FACTS.
2. Say something POSITIVE. It's fans like you embarrassing the club.
3. Hodkinson was gold. He was always going to make Origin after Pearce was ruled out. Whether Reynolds was there or not. Reynolds still had some very mixed performances before Origin. Hokko was very solid and a proven match-winner.

STOP THE HATE. You negative piece of trash. You have no idea. You judge a player after 4 rounds. Make fun of his knees. Hey mate, he can run faster than you, has been more successful then you, richer then you and defs a better bloke. He has had no pre-season and constantly changing between Mbye and Reynolds as his halves partner as well as having to build connections with a new hooker. You might think I'm all for Hok, well I'm not. He isn't playing great but geez he isn't playing that bad either. Give him time. Look at things past his on-field performances.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH. Stop your rubbish. Cheers.

People make fun of me because I'm all for Hok and positive. But you're just negative. FFS we are 4th and last years grand-finalists and have an exciting young team. Imagine if you were a Sharks fan.

Bandwagon supporter. And that's my opinion, but it's probably fact.

Thx.
Ffs why are you still here??? Know it attitude??? You're the ****ing king of know it all attitude!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Do u really think that Reynolds is going to go out there and get him self suspended on purpose

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never seen just a downer of a thread after winning 3 games in a row by the way.
I think people are frustrated with losing 2 GFs and its been our longest drought since we won in 1942 and then didnt win until 1980. Although as long as that was it still wasn't as long as souths lol.

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why the hate for Reynolds the guy is in the team cause des picked him,
If he was as crap as most of you think he is then Des would be out of a job.
Its not hate on Reynolds that you're reading on the forum, its just passionate Bulldogs fans saying what they believe.

The facts are Reynolds can't kick in the oppo's 20 metre area, he can't tackle so he tries to use a not so subtle trip, he wears his boots out running sideways totally stuffing up his centre and winger and is ill disciplined and hands over big metres to the opposition in penalties.

I think that is why some of us are a bit dirty on Mbye getting parked on an extended bench.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Hmmm i will be at the game should be nerve racking .

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we just have to wait and see what happens. I'm expecting some surprises.

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do u really think that Reynolds is going to go out there and get him self suspended on purpose
Reynolds isn't that much of a forward thinker. Its the fact that he is an ill disciplined serial offender that gets him offside with the referees.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And peoples support for him is beyond logic. If he played for any other team everyone would hate him.
It's like this, Lara Bingle shits me to tears. But if I was banging her it would be a different story

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think this comment was directed at me so i'll answer.
No, definitely not. I don't subscribe to the idea that a bloke as great as JR off the field ever does the things that get him suspended on purpose. I think he gets white line fever and plays on the edge and then occasionally goes over. That passion is what defines him but it is also his greatest impediment to being a team player. I'll give you back the game every season he wins us with that passion and you can give me back the average 3 he gets suspended.
Yes that comment was directed to you , but playing on the edge is what makes him a different and unpredictable player sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't , I know he puts in 110% I think that's what counts

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It does startle me that Des constantly picks guys on reputation and not form.

Fair enough that Reynolds is back in the lineup but in my opinion Hodkinson or Reynolds should be close to a spell in reserves if they keep their post Origin form up.

I hope and would like to think Mbye can sneak his way into the 17, as he's been our most consistent half this year despite his own flaws. Plus his defence is outstanding and he is the only one who straightens our attack in the halves and who can throw a cut out pass and give early ball.

Plus we really need Brett against Souths as he's the only player to worry anyone off the back of our predictable and laborious backline movements against a solid defensive team such as theirs.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very disappointing if Mbye does get dropped

Reynolds deserves to come back in while Mbye has earned the right to take over the number 7.

Hodkinson must be dropped. He's form and physical capabilites have been atrocious since SOO and the ship is sinking on our premiership hopes.

Hodkinson will not play SOO this year, he will be dropped with Pearce or Reynolds coming in as they are in better form and better players. NSW selectors will choose what is best for the team.

There is no reason why Hodkinson should not be dropped for Mbye who is a better player and in better form

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Reynolds isn't that much of a forward thinker. Its the fact that he is an ill disciplined serial offender that gets him offside with the referees.
All I know about Reynolds is he wants to win at all cost and sometimes it backfires

Status
Not open for further replies.