Round 5 - Dogs vs Raiders - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Richard Coorey is the son of Arthur Coorey if im not mistaken? Whats he go like?
Have only seen highlights of him playing in the RMC. Looks a likely lad though and with the form of some of the other players we have nothing to lose. Shaun Lane back too; guess that 'niggling injury' has been overcome.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we plz start with klemmer
I want him taking the first hit up from the kick off again and roaring off the back fence

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They looked absolutely spent against the titans.
Yeah they seem to run out of puff at the end of games. Having the halves back should help though. I dont think Austin can be fully fit, in an article last week it said he just started running in a straight line.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Raiders defence is ball sack in the 2nd half. If we get points early and stay switched on we will take them out.... Brainsnap Leilua is playing, all brawn no brains... Hopefully Mbye and co expose him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone know where Pat O'Hanlon is?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just realised we have the 2nd best defence and 5th best attack atm.

Not too shabby.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NSW Cup v Wyong Roos
Central Coast Stadium
Sunday, 3 April 11:40AM
1. Brad Abbey
2. Tyrone Phillips
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Reubenn Rennie
5. Jarrod McInally
6. Matt Frawley
7. Dane Chisholm
8. Makahesi Makatoa
9. Craig Garvey (Bronson Garlick dropped from NSW Cup to make way for Garvey).
10. Ray Moujalli
11. Shaun Lane (?? - Unknown due to move to Warriors).
12. Renouf To’omaga
13. Graham Clarke

14. Brad Keighran
15. Elias Sukkar
16. Jake Kamire
23. Richard Coorey

Coach: Andrew Patmore
This match is televised on Fox Sports 1 from 11.30am

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Monday games are weird. Having to come back to work after the weekend before i get to see our match doesnt feel right. Also....no recovery day after it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1 VS 1 ... Who do we like??

Will Hopoate vs Jack Wighton - Wighton is VERY good, but hasn't scored at all this year. Hoppa is on fire scoring a try a match so far.
Curtis Rona vs Edrick Lee - Rona > Daylight > Lee. Not even a contest here.
Josh Morris vs Jarrod Croker - Normally I'd say JMoz being the best defensive centre in the NRL. However Crokers goal kicking is invaluable and could even be the match winning difference. As such, level playing field.
Chase Stanley vs Joey Leilua - BJ offers more in attack, but also more errors. Stanley is an injury risk who is stayed fit would be rated above BJ here.
Sam Perrett vs Jordan Rapana - Normally I'd say Perrett, but the problem is he can either win or lose a game (Perrett). Rapana is nothing special in my opinion.
Josh Reynolds vs Blake Austin - Both capable players, and impossible to call between them. This game will be won in the halves and all depends which Josh Reynolds arrives to play tonight. If it's last weeks Reynolds, our chances increase.
Moses Mbye vs Aidan Sezer - Like the Reynolds/Austin battle. Sezers kicks in play are absolutely pin point, but it's his first game back from injury (ditto Austin). Like Reynolds, his performance tonight is critical to a win.
Aiden Tolman vs Shannon Boyd - Tolman makes metres, and metres and more metres. Boyd bends the defensive line normally though and plays with more aggression. However can be error prone.
Michael Lichaa vs Josh Hodgson - Uninjured Lichaa on this one. Given his first game back from injury though, and the recent hot form of Hodsgon, I'm giving this one to Hodgson.
James Graham vs Frank-Paul Nuuausala - Graham > Daylight > Roosters reject.
Josh Jackson vs Josh Papalii - Jackson is more consistent and opens up more opportunities and is less error prone. Papalli is very inconsistent, but can level it with Jackson when in form.
Tony Williams vs Elliott Whitehead - Recently progressing from Mr Williams to TRex, and showing glimpses of his previously devestating best, if TRex arrives in full tonight Whitehead could end up terrorised for life.
Greg Eastwood vs Shaun Fensom - This one was a really tricky one. Beastwood can tear a defence apart up the middle, and really hold the Bulldogs defensive line strong. Fensom gets all the little things right and can create problems on the edges.

Sam Kasiano
vs Kurt Baptiste - Baptiste is decent as a hooker, but against Dogzilla (who will probably go into lock for Beastwood at some point), it's a relentless barrage of brute force, if we keep the errors low.
Tim Browne vs Iosia Soliola - Nothing against Soliola, but Browne fits better in our side, than Soliola in Raiders side.
David Klemmer vs Paul Vaughan - Klemmer stands 10cm and 10kgs over Vaughan. Klemmer under Belmore lights should tear shit up off the bench tonight.
Adam Elliott vs Joseph Tapine - Tapine is a more established player.
Lloyd Perrett vs Luke Bateman - Likely to be dropped from benches

DOGS = 8
RAIDERS = 4

TOO CLOSE TO CALL = 5

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Unstickied the thread so it sits below the ads for tonight..

27 minutes in and Dogs / Raiders are 12 all last time I looked (Bulldogs Twitter covering the game in NYC).

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 VS 1 ... Who do we like??

Will Hopoate vs Jack Wighton - Wighton is VERY good, but hasn't scored at all this year. Hoppa is on fire scoring a try a match so far.
Curtis Rona vs Edrick Lee - Rona > Daylight > Lee. Not even a contest here.
Josh Morris vs Jarrod Croker - Normally I'd say JMoz being the best defensive centre in the NRL. However Crokers goal kicking is invaluable and could even be the match winning difference. As such, level playing field.
Chase Stanley vs Joey Leilua - BJ offers more in attack, but also more errors. Stanley is an injury risk who is stayed fit would be rated above BJ here.
Sam Perrett vs Jordan Rapana - Normally I'd say Perrett, but the problem is he can either win or lose a game (Perrett). Rapana is nothing special in my opinion.
Josh Reynolds vs Blake Austin - Both capable players, and impossible to call between them. This game will be won in the halves and all depends which Josh Reynolds arrives to play tonight. If it's last weeks Reynolds, our chances increase.
Moses Mbye vs Aidan Sezer - Like the Reynolds/Austin battle. Sezers kicks in play are absolutely pin point, but it's his first game back from injury (ditto Austin). Like Reynolds, his performance tonight is critical to a win.
Aiden Tolman vs Shannon Boyd - Tolman makes metres, and metres and more metres. Boyd bends the defensive line normally though and plays with more aggression. However can be error prone.
Michael Lichaa vs Josh Hodgson - Uninjured Lichaa on this one. Given his first game back from injury though, and the recent hot form of Hodsgon, I'm giving this one to Hodgson.
James Graham vs Frank-Paul Nuuausala - Graham > Daylight > Roosters reject.
Josh Jackson vs Josh Papalii - Jackson is more consistent and opens up more opportunities and is less error prone. Papalli is very inconsistent, but can level it with Jackson when in form.
Tony Williams vs Elliott Whitehead - Recently progressing from Mr Williams to TRex, and showing glimpses of his previously devestating best, if TRex arrives in full tonight Whitehead could end up terrorised for life.
Greg Eastwood vs Shaun Fensom - This one was a really tricky one. Beastwood can tear a defence apart up the middle, and really hold the Bulldogs defensive line strong. Fensom gets all the little things right and can create problems on the edges.

Sam Kasiano
vs Kurt Baptiste - Baptiste is decent as a hooker, but against Dogzilla (who will probably go into lock for Beastwood at some point), it's a relentless barrage of brute force, if we keep the errors low.
Tim Browne vs Iosia Soliola - Nothing against Soliola, but Browne fits better in our side, than Soliola in Raiders side.
David Klemmer vs Paul Vaughan - Klemmer stands 10cm and 10kgs over Vaughan. Klemmer under Belmore lights should tear shit up off the bench tonight.
Adam Elliott vs Joseph Tapine - Tapine is a more established player.
Lloyd Perrett vs Luke Bateman - Likely to be dropped from benches

DOGS = 8
RAIDERS = 4

TOO CLOSE TO CALL = 5
Austin and sezer not finished one game yet people overlooking that fact so no cohesion in spine we should beat them well

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Dogs will need to hit them hard really early to nullify the returning of their "close to best team" and take away their hope! If we play like the first "back to belmore" game (Melbourne from memory) than we can do them pretty good here Dogs 30 - 12. IF we give them any sniff at all I can easily see them ambushing us too. Could be the game to see wear we are in regards to "killer instinct" in this years team? Go Dogs!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think this will be the walkover some are predicting, they have some big boys upfront and won't surrender like manly & souths pack did.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck yeah got a leave pass to go the pub and have a few lemon squashes and a break from autistic kids . I win tonight no matter what

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Vaughan starting for Boyd. Boyd on the bench.

Teams as per first post. Bateman out for Raiders, Lloyd Perrett out for Dogs.

Fuck yeah got a leave pass to go the pub and have a few lemon squashes and a break from autistic kids . I win tonight no matter what
and a happy ending after the win would top off Southy's night!!

I don't like Fox Sports talking us up so much here ....

Status
Not open for further replies.