Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't understand wtf Baz is doing. Renouf has been getting increased minutes and has his best game of the season last week yet Baz massively reduces them, starts Napa ahead of him and gives Napa more minutes. My head hurts.
Yep and then has both Napa and Thompson on bench later in the game. Not a fan of his rotation at all tonight
Yh Baz has bottled it, he has started the worst way possible with us. He hasn't learnt shit since his stint at Manly going off our first 5 games.
Barrett will come good in a year and a half lol... Still burning over missing Holbrook, but in saying that would we have still signed Burton?

Imagine how set we would be if we nabbed Justin and Burton though... Crazy how much he has improved Titans

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1st try
-penalty, Hetherington - rubbish on the face
-6 again, S. Katoa - holding on too long?
-S. Katoa taking too long to focus and get back into the defensive line, Averillo falling for the dummy (already committed to shifting left)

2nd try
-error, DWZ lost ball (Olam strip)
-DWZ bad positioning, Cotric should of started further back to cover the space in behind (T. Katoa could of also covered where DWZ was supposed to be when Storm went left)

3rd try
-error, T. Katoa knock on
-6 again, "10 metres" - Jackson? possibly someone off the screen offside
-too much space between Hetherington and Elliott in the defensive line, Hetherington at fault, S. Katoa was covering under the posts

4th try
-Hopoate dominated on the 4th by Olam, no time/pressure on the halves to get a kick away
-S. Katoa didn't get back to marker or the defensive line, Waddell left on the ground during the play the ball = no markers

Game over.

We're getting completely dominated in the ruck, we need to be holding players up longer in tackles, Jackson was the only player I noticed that was actually trying to achieve this. This + lapses in concentration/role in the team hurt us the most.

S. Katoa was all over the place, probably our worst defender.

I didn't re-watch our attack closely but we need to make sure players are alive and in motion when Flanagan (or anyone) receives the ball in the attacking 3rd (and even in the build up). When Flanagan receives the ball deep he's made to look very silly when our players aren't giving him options. I think we were a lot better in this area tonight (last night now) but we still have a long way to go.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Might report him for fraud
Fraud would imply that he gave the impression that he resembled a FG player. He's so obviously taking the piss that he's not even conning anyone.

He might as well have a sandwich board on him like Bruce Willis in Die Hard with A Vengeance saying "I don't give a shit, I got my money and you pick me anyway"

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hear ya but if avo is a 6, flanno is a -6. He is fucken dreadful. I legitimately hate the ***** fucken head
Alien faced looking muthafucka. Should call him Roswell or Area 51. He gets spotted on the field playing well as often as Aliens are sighted.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
1st try
-S. Katoa taking too long to focus and get back into the defensive line, Averillo falling for the dummy (already committed to shifting left)

2nd try
-DWZ bad positioning, Cotric should of started further back to cover the space in behind (T. Katoa could of also covered where DWZ was supposed to be when Storm went left)

3rd try
-too much space between Hetherington and Elliott in the defensive line, Hetherington at fault, S. Katoa was covering under the posts

4th try
-Hopoate dominated on the 4th by Olam, no time/pressure on the halves to get a kick away
-S. Katoa didn't get back to marker or the defensive line, Waddell left on the ground during the play the ball = no markers

Game over.

We're getting completely dominated in the ruck, we need to be holding players up longer in tackles, Jackson was the only player I noticed that was actually trying to achieve this. This + lapses in concentration/role in the team hurt us the most.

I didn't re-watch our attack closely but we need to make sure players are alive and in motion when Flanagan (or anyone) receives the ball in the attacking 3rd (and even in the build up). When Flanagan receives the ball deep he's made to look very silly when our players aren't giving him options. I think we were a lot better in this area tonight (last night now) but we still have a long way to go.
Outstanding assessment.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st try

2nd try

3rd try

4th try

Game over.

Exactly right the ruck fucked us up

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Summary: team just playing with a lack of confidence. Defense close to line has no desperation. Sione Katoa was hooked. He will not be in team next week. Fez is best fullback option we have at moment but expect brain explosions to come. Halves did ok and they still need time to get their combination 100% Elliott is real captain of team. Waddell is not the worst player we have and did ok. Napa needs to be hooked also..no one wanted to pass the ball to him. Topine is wonderful and will start at hooker next week. Over to you baz.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summary: team just playing with a lack of confidence. Defense close to line has no desperation. Sione Katoa was hooked. He will not be in team next week. Fez is best fullback option we have at moment but expect brain explosions to come. Halves did ok and they still need time to get their combination 100% Elliott is real captain of team. Waddell is not the worst player we have and did ok. Napa needs to be hooked also..no one wanted to pass the ball to him. Topine is wonderful and will start at hooker next week. Over to you baz.
Totally agree re Katoa. If we want to salvage anything from the season we need to be using our last roster spot on a decent fucking hooker !!

Stop keeping that last spot for Burton ffs. Surely there is someone out there we can get even if it’s only for the rest of the year.

Or if not give Wakeham a go there

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
Totally agree re Katoa. If we want to salvage anything from the season we need to be using our last roster spot on a decent fucking hooker !!

Stop keeping that last spot for Burton ffs. Surely there is someone out there we can get even if it’s only for the rest of the year.

Or if not give Wakeham a go there
Agree with your Burton comment. He will be an even better player for us next year having played in first grade with the Panthers this year. He will bring a winning attitude with him and having him this year wont change our situation.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching the Sunday game and I think the left centre for the Cowboys might have Hoppa covered for speed next week .....